Character creation camera bug [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Louhetar.2901

Louhetar.2901

Today when I was creating a new character I noticed that zoom option works correctly only on charr. Asurans, humans, sylvari and norns are zoomed too much and they just look silly

I have not adjusted the camera on character height from options. Anyone else has this?

Attachments:

_’ what.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Typhlan.3150

Typhlan.3150

Hello, I recently bought a new character slot due to already filling up my other ones. I decided to take the opportunity to unlock a few of the starter skins before creating my proper character. The first time it went as normal, with the camera acting as it should. However, after deleting that character and proceeding to character creation again, the camera stopped working correctly:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8i8maph5imnnjlz/norntoobig.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/py2jafaerwme4xi/asuratoosmall.jpg?dl=0

The camera no longer seems to adjust to the various character heights properly. Neither a restart of the game or even the system solved the issue. I’m not sure how to solve this, so any ideas? I can provide more information if needed.

(edited by Typhlan.3150)

Posted by: Ferreiro.7605

Ferreiro.7605

i’m having this same issue. quite annoying in fact, is this a common thing now or is there a fix for it?

Posted by: Beshbaliq.3724

Beshbaliq.3724

Same here, can’t really create a character this way as the “overall look” just isn’t available to me, since I tend to favor large characters. Their heads just go through the upper border of the creation-screen and disappear unless I zoom in, hence the missing overall-look.

Only way to properly create a character is the total makeover kit, but that isn’t really a solution, more of a somewhat expensive workaround.

Move along, nothing to see here

Posted by: Legionnaire.4210

Legionnaire.4210

For a moment I thought the game was telling me that I should focus on my current character and not create anymore. But here I found this thread with others whom share my exact issue.

Posted by: vadasz.7102

vadasz.7102

I’m having the same problem too. I wanted to create my fist Norn and i can’t see the upper half of his face at character creation.

Posted by: Smartcat.2130

Smartcat.2130

Just made a post about the same issue…

Attachments:

define normal…

Posted by: Clail.8046

Clail.8046

Same problem trying to make a new Sylvari Mesmer. Hopefully we’ll see a fix soon..

Posted by: Peech.3587

Peech.3587

I have the same problem too, seems to be only with Sylvari, Human and Norns, both genders

Posted by: Vadar.3254

Vadar.3254

Yep, same problem at 1080p, don’t know if there is a difference with other resolutions.

Posted by: Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Hiwi Kiwi.7386

I have a feeling this has something to do with the beta character creation tomorrow .. maybe something was tweaked just a bit? But everyone I know is having this issue, I am sure they will fix it soon. I would suggest just making a small character, edit it how you like it then just increasing the size how you want it.

" ’Cause in the end, all you really have are memories. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

Noticed today — when making a new character, the preview of the largest scale size is causing the character to appear larger than it used to: the heads get cut off screen. I’m sure I used to be able to chose the largest size and still see the character’s face.

This happens through all races, classes and genders (on Asura it’s an improvement – the head is not cut off, but the preview does look bigger than I remember.) Sometimes the heights look fine until you start moving the sliders.

Attachments:

Posted by: realmouse.1095

realmouse.1095

have this issue as well as others atm. seems to be a lot of bugs running rampant. hope we can squash em soon

Posted by: Craymore.4398

Craymore.4398

Hi. I have serious trouble creating my character right now as you can see in the picture.. I cant get the screen down and i have tried toying around with options but nothing works, anyone else know of this?

Attachments:

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I noticed this first time when creating rev for the beta test, some classes are too zoomed in.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Bumping this thread, I’m having the same problem. It’s fine if you characters are short… but otherwise it’s a problem. :P

I noticed that if the slider is set on tall as soon as you pick profession, it’s ok, but only until you start playing with the height slider again.

Attachments:

Posted by: JadeWarlord.2781

JadeWarlord.2781

Hi, I have an issue during the character creation process while playing on a wide screen.
I currently run a wide screen monitor 2560 × 1080 and on the character creation screen you can’t see character faces for creation, from their shoulders up. This seems to affect humans and taller. I can see this being a bigger issue once the Revenant class is released and more people are creating characters.

Thanks

Attachments:

Posted by: JadeWarlord.2781

JadeWarlord.2781

Also affect tall characters on the log in screen, but not as bad as the character creation. The only ones affected are Tall Chars and Tall Norn.

Thanks

Attachments:

Clail.8046

Same problem still. Combined with the healing notification bug it is probably not the greatest way to greet new or returning players. :s

Posted by: lolzertank.1928

lolzertank.1928

I’ve been having the same problem, it’s really annoying. I hope they fix this.. My monitor is in default resolution (1920 × 1080) so I dont know why this happens…

Posted by: Washbern.7831

Washbern.7831

I just installed the game for the first time and am experiencing this issue. Please help.

Thank you.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I had the issue as well, about a week ago when I created a new character.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Gnian.3862

Gnian.3862

Did something happened to the camera angle? I don’t remember being it like that.

Attachments:

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve seen some threads saying norns were taller than the screen. I’m looking at norn creation now and when in Head Options she’s at the bottom of the screen, though her chin does clear the bottom edge.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zyhonas Thanatos.2039

Zyhonas Thanatos.2039

don’t have a screen cap, but same thing happened earlier when creating a character, seems to occurred after today’s build

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Same here just now, char creation when you zoom in to your character for face details shifts the angle to far up. Just like in these shots.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Scruffy.3982

Scruffy.3982

When creating a new character I now notice that when you come to choosing the head features the head drops down to the very bottom of the screen so that it is the only part of the character visible. Also the background lighting effects seem to encroach on the facial features making it difficult to decide what to choose. It’s some time since I created a new character but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t always like this. If that’s the way it’s supposed to be from now on then I would have to say it’s not very satisfactory at all. In addition, the actual mechanics of turning the head from side to side only seem to operate when the hand appears on the hairline of the face and not anywhere else – again I feel sure that this was not intentional.
Has anyone else had this problem – I presume it has nothing to do with the camera settings or is that a possibility?

Scruffy.3982

Posted separately about the same problem – didn’t see this thread.

Scruffy.3982

I now see two other threads regarding similar issues: ‘Character Creation Camera works incorrectly’ and ‘Camera angle in character creation’. The first thread is 20 days old. Come on ANet – get this fixed. It’s the first thing that new players experience when they start playing so you need to get this sorted out quickly.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I now see two other threads regarding similar issues: ‘Character Creation Camera works incorrectly’ and ‘Camera angle in character creation’. The first thread is 20 days old. Come on ANet – get this fixed. It’s the first thing that new players experience when they start playing so you need to get this sorted out quickly.

I believe the older threads addressed a different bug…that of characters being too tall for the character creation screen. It seems they tried to address that particular bug, and, perhaps, over-compensated.

Clail.8046

First it was to high and you couldn’t see faces, now it’s to low…it’s incredible this kind of bug exists given the age of the game.

Maybe they’ll have better luck next month they decide to take a shot at it. -_-

Posted by: lchristineh.3214

lchristineh.3214

I have same issue since patch. I created a character and it too was way too low on the creation screen.

I have also been getting Black Screens of Death randomly as of the patch. I have posted about this seperately.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yeah, quite a few people.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Camera-angle-in-character-creation/first#content

It still works on Charr? Interesting. That means it’s not a global camera shift.

Posted by: KaelRhain.9061

KaelRhain.9061

i have the same problem :<

Posted by: Tumavotinh.6325

Tumavotinh.6325

Having the same issue:(

Posted by: Raeysa Penrose.8450

Raeysa Penrose.8450

So I just bought another character slot and I’m having issues with the character creator. All races/genders except for norn male and both male charr are having this issue where, when I go to edit the face/head region and it zooms in, the head moves to the bottom of the screen. (see attached images) It’s the worst with asura male and female, and norn female.

I’d really like this fixed so I can throw more money at this game make more characters!! Thanks!

Attachments:

Fear not this night
curse my dependence on sleep for survival!

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

same problem, please fix this

Posted by: SlickJohnson.2756

SlickJohnson.2756

Yeah, having the same problem with character creation problem..

Attachments:

Posted by: nocipher.5342

nocipher.5342

I’m having the same issue. The face is partially obscured by the lighting.

Attachments:

Posted by: setmoon.3251

setmoon.3251

Having the same issue and it’s making it irritating to create my new character bc its either too much or too little.

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Hey everyone

We’ve reviewed this bug and I passed off a fix just yesterday. Unfortunately I am no idea on timelines or what update it might be included in, but a fix is coming!

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Thanks for letting everyone know!

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Hey everyone

We’ve reviewed this bug and I passed off a fix just yesterday. Unfortunately I am no idea on timelines or what update it might be included in, but a fix is coming!

Cool thanks!

Posted by: Akkrem.8157

Akkrem.8157

does anyone else think this is not normal?

Attachments:

Clail.8046

Character creation has been bugged for a couple months now. First you couldn’t see the head on taller characters, now you can’t see the bottom half and neck of the face.

I was hoping they would have implemented a hotfix by now, but I guess arenanet is looking at this and the healing arrow bug as a low priority.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

The best part is that you can’t report a bug from within character creation. I’ve come across this now too :/ :/ Even the tallest Asuran won’t show their whole face. >.<

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

I was about to create a thread but saw this one. It seems like your character’s height doesn’t have an effect on how much of them is visible. I hope we get a fix soon.

Attachments:

Posted by: Issac Ursaga.2947

Issac Ursaga.2947

So I have this infurating issue with character creation which is making it completely impossible to make an asura character. Attached is an image of said issue. See the problem? Kinda hard to edit my character when they’re doing their best kilroy impression. If anyone knows a fix for this, please let me know. Otherwise… A-net, please fix this.

Attachments:

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

So I have this infurating issue with character creation which is making it completely impossible to make an asura character. Attached is an image of said issue. See the problem? Kinda hard to edit my character when they’re doing their best kilroy impression. If anyone knows a fix for this, please let me know. Otherwise… A-net, please fix this.

Happened to me too just last night.

Had to make a new character without being able to look at most of the face.

Awful.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

I just encountered this as well. Tried playing with the camera options, but it didn’t help.

Attachments: