Chat clearing / disappearing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MetaJezzo.8519

MetaJezzo.8519

Okay this has only started happening today, this is quite annoying however every now and again my party window where it shows party members get refreshed. When it refreshes they disappear for around 2 seconds and they show up again.

If I switch chat channels since I have one for Main (say/party/map etc.) and one for my Guild. When the party list gets refreshed both guild and party chats get cleared I am not doing anything I have not changed settings before the halloween patch. It only started since the halloween patch came through.

Is this a bug or was this added in from the patch?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I’d like to add that if you have a chat window with Game Messages option turn on, it will periodically show:

“xxxx.yyyy is now Offline”
“xxxx.yyyy is now Online”

while person xxxx.yyyy hasn’t logged off at all. It started behaving like this since halloween patch.

Posted by: Jormundur.1567

Jormundur.1567

Adding on to this bug report: I’ve noticed that when I switch zones, all of my guild chat disappears like it never happened.

Posted by: Elagos.6029

Elagos.6029

Same problems, opened in oxs support yesterday, posting it here too

Greetings

My guild chat has been clearing from time to time when I go to a waypoint. Not all the time, randomly.

By ‘clearing’ I mean all previous type in log deletes, and it puts me back in /s.

Only getting this happening since the client update, and only happening on my osx

Posted by: Drakhen.9348

Drakhen.9348

I also have seen this recently. When moving to different areas via waypoint I think. Also when moving from overflow to regular. Guild chat tab will clear, nothing to scroll back to read anymore.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

this happens to me too, only started since the halloween update

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Lumures.2048

Lumures.2048

I’m resurrecting this thread because I’m also experiencing these issues. I’m also unable to talk in guild or party channels until the party windows “refresh” as stated in the first post.
When I’m not in a party, it’s impossible to tell when I’m able to use guild and party chat channels again.