Choppy FPS lag

Choppy FPS lag

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

I have noticed that in the past few weeks.. in WvW i seem to be getting random spurts of choppy FPS lag. It doesnt seem to have anything to do with the horrible ping we have been having from the DDoS attacks, but just happens randomly when running across the map etc.

The game seems to stutter for a few seconds.. If i stop and wait for it to clear.. its fine but if keep running it just gets worse.

Some people have said that this is because of the new legendary armor (opening and closing when people go in and out of combat which i personally dont have) and some have said its just frame lag from loading a zerg in the distance.

The thing is.. im running a brand new i7 with a geforce gx 1600 and shouldnt be having frame lag issues like this.. the game is even installed on a 2 TB SSD drive.

Any thoughts..

yes my drivers are up to date
yes everything is installed correctly
yes i have latest .net framework and direct x

etc

Choppy FPS lag

Posted by: Asgaard.4235

Asgaard.4235

I have noticed that in the past few weeks.. in WvW i seem to be getting random spurts of choppy FPS lag. It doesnt seem to have anything to do with the horrible ping we have been having from the DDoS attacks, but just happens randomly when running across the map etc.

The game seems to stutter for a few seconds.. If i stop and wait for it to clear.. its fine but if keep running it just gets worse.

Some people have said that this is because of the new legendary armor (opening and closing when people go in and out of combat which i personally dont have) and some have said its just frame lag from loading a zerg in the distance.

The thing is.. im running a brand new i7 with a geforce gx 1600 and shouldnt be having frame lag issues like this.. the game is even installed on a 2 TB SSD drive.

Any thoughts..

yes my drivers are up to date
yes everything is installed correctly
yes i have latest .net framework and direct x

etc

I have the same issues, but then I checked my memory usage and it’s using 6.8GB out of 8GB (85%) and I have nothing else running besides GW2

Choppy FPS lag

Posted by: StatisticalOutlier.4621

StatisticalOutlier.4621

I’m only using 3-4 GB/16 GB and I’m having the FPS/ping issue too. I haven’t used my second machine, a new notebook but with integrated graphics, an i7 CPU and 16 GB RAM for about 2 weeks. I normally never get below 30 FPS on that one under non-crowded open world play. I went to the Draconis Mons Flax farm, and on the way there on the map, several times, my ping shot up to 500-3000 and at the same time I experienced a drop from 30-40 FPS to 0-5 FPS. Now, obviously, this is not the result of a DDoS attack, given the FPS drop. Obviously, something is making the game perform poorly and become functionally unplayable. I know the issues on my main machine, GTX970 graphics but only 8 GB RAM, started roughly the time of the Trading Post UI revamp, so I’m wondering if something in that code is causing the issue (obviously just idle speculation on my part). On my main machine I haven’t been checking the FPS, but I have noticed ping spikes to 500+ periodically, although not as often as last night. I definitely have decided to forego any of the more serious game modes, ones that I rarely play anyway, until the issue is resolved.

Choppy FPS lag

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Check you have manually updated arcdps or any other 3rd party DPS metres.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com