Chpt 16 Hearts and Minds (HoT story spoilers)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

In the final battle against mordremoth if you get hit by a rock in the air and die right after killing tybalt and retry this happens:

http://puu.sh/kY8ZU/39978c4a61.jpg

It fixes itself if you die and try again, but you can’t glide anymore afterwards making it impossible to finish, you have to redo the whole quest again if this happens.

Furthermore, the boss doesn’t completely reset and goes batkitten crazy from the begining as if it were the last stage.

(edited by Daharahj.1325)

Posted by: Dan S.7928

Dan S.7928

The rift can randomly spawn outside platform at any time it appears. Also, yes, the boss retains all abilities from the phase you reached – but the player does NOT retain the help earned to counter it. Did anyone ever test this fight at all?

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I did encounter such bug also and a few others along the way. I chose Canach to join me however his Blighted form became invulnerable permanently just as real Canach was doing his reflect shield. I had to restart the mission completely and chose Caithe the 2nd time.

Certified Gameaholic

(edited by circuitnerd.5863)

Posted by: gou.2197

gou.2197

every time i pick caithe, the pale tree despawns before you can activate the rift, meaning it does nothing and i get stuck in an empty arena

if you take too long to activate the rift after beating rytlock he will also vanish leaving mordy invincicble (any damage you take interrupts the rift interaction, being solo can make it close to impossible to complete in time)

if you are in a party, anyone who dies cannot return to the fight, only the party leader can “finish” mordy, meaning the mission can stall permanently if they died

Posted by: Memphis.3274

Memphis.3274

Also had it bugged out massively :

I died at the last in the air phase (got knocked down and died) After i had reset the fight still was in the state of the previous fight.

I had 2 Rifts where i could interact and Mordremoth had all his final abilities.

Attachments:

Posted by: Memphis.3274

Memphis.3274

Small update : even more bugs.

I tried again. Mordremoth still had his final form and abilities, when Rytlock appeared, suddenly the fight skipped all phases and went straight to the end part with all the minions.

The dialogue from both the beginning and the end of the fight were merged in the chat aswell.

I got Rytlock on my side and no other allies spawned in. Felt disappointed to end the great story in such a way :’(

Attachments:

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Another Bug, if you kill a blighted character before using the rift (which can totally happen with conditions) you can’t use the rift and are forced to restart.

This is the 5th time I have redo this mission from scratch and it was never because of my own mistakes, come on…

Posted by: Obsidian angel.9863

Obsidian angel.9863

Literally stuck on the Blighted Pale tree. I understand the mechanics off the boss but it’s bugging out. I can get her to 0 HP before she instantly regains 25% HP back, and then starts consuming the Servants so Quickly that i cannot kill them Quick enough to stop her stacking her damage.

Not only that but, in one instance i got her health down to 0, 3 times and instantly gets back 25% HP. So frustrating

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Here’s how I did this quest after 3+ hours of soloing/2 hours in a group with it bugging out at different stages constantly:

1) Get a group, this will make the fight much quicker to do and reset if things go wrong which at this point very likely
2) Pick Canach/norn dude to go into dream since it seems caithe bugs this encounter out more frequently than the others.
3) Slow dps once you hit the different stages and let the NPC role play before dpsing again; dpsing to quick always bugs this encounter out
4) When it comes to glider phase, pick the air vent things to the west; I have had better luck with these actually working on that side than the rest.
5) Make sure who ever is the host of the instance does not die, they are the only ones able to finish the boss at the end.
6) If any attempt breaks at any point, exit it immedietly and try again b/c any attempts after it initially bugs out; it will bug out even more. Usually it will place the portals you need to click on invisible terrain that you cannot get to since there is no floor so you will fall + boss will probably have all abilities next time you try.

This quest is hyper buggy and I am not looking forward to doing this on my alts.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Extremely frustrating fight due to the bugs and general unresponsiveness. Between how awkward it is to get back into the air, the boss retaining final phase attacks if the fight is restarted, and the rift spawning off in open air…

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

Posted by: asdff.2590

asdff.2590

Same for me, it seems, the fight was reset only the positive points for players.
If you die between the fight with mordremoth or your other quests, the life of every enemy is full and you have to begin anew with the complete fight, but the mordrems with keep in the fightphase you has died. So we die in the last page, must begin anew and mordremoth is with his skills in the last phase, thats not really fair…

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Picked Canach and died when he gave his shield. When I used the retry emote, the Blighted Canach was non-hostile and normal Canach kept using his deflect, so the battle couldn’t continue :/

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

5) Make sure who ever is the host of the instance does not die, they are the only ones able to finish the boss at the end.

This is extremely stupid, you have to kill yourself if the leader died otherwise you will be forced to reset the instance after you kill the boss.