Class II rift stabilizer "empty" events gone

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Angela Lance.2803

Angela Lance.2803

Q:

I really like my Class II rift stabilizer but I can’t use it anymore as in the last few days updates killed all the “empty” events from all the maps I checked and no it’s not stored inside an invisible bag. I did report it as a bug. I hope I"ll be able to use it again soon.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

" This device can be obtained again after being destroyed, starting by obtaining the Mysterious Device again."

Before you do that, use GW2 Efficiency to search for “Class II”, just in case it’s not where you expect.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There have been other reports that the Rift Events have disappeared. No idea if it is a ‘bug’, or intended.

Angela Lance.2803

I still have the device… just not finding any “empty” events to be able to use it.

Posted by: Ancestor.3820

Ancestor.3820

The event icon that denotes their location has disappeared as of the 7 June 2017 patch. The rift is still there.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Game_updates#Undocumented_changes_since_the_big_update_on_Tuesday_6_June_2017

I was rather disappointed to say the least that this happened without notification.

If the issue was with the icon being the same as a standard map event icon then a change to the rift icon would solve any “where is my event” issues that it may have caused with players that do not have a stabiliser.

It is now a bit of a click-fest where you either camp a known location or run around clicking in order to uncover them.

They still seem to complete as an event (“Event Succeeded!”) and count towards any daily events for the region.

I’ve talked with the NPC Auris Wierdbringer in Fields of Ruin in the hope that maybe this was deliberate in order to advance something. The conversation text says nothing.

I did read that there may something regarding “97” that the NPC initially mentions when we get the stabiliser and found some references to the Thaumanova Reactor fractal (#97) so I’m going to see if there might be anything to it.

Angela Lance.2803

The event icon that denotes their location has disappeared as of the 7 June 2017 patch. The rift is still there.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Game_updates#Undocumented_changes_since_the_big_update_on_Tuesday_6_June_2017

I was rather disappointed to say the least that this happened without notification.

If the issue was with the icon being the same as a standard map event icon then a change to the rift icon would solve any “where is my event” issues that it may have caused with players that do not have a stabiliser.

It is now a bit of a click-fest where you either camp a known location or run around clicking in order to uncover them.

They still seem to complete as an event (“Event Succeeded!”) and count towards any daily events for the region.

I’ve talked with the NPC Auris Wierdbringer in Fields of Ruin in the hope that maybe this was deliberate in order to advance something. The conversation text says nothing.

I did read that there may something regarding “97” that the NPC initially mentions when we get the stabiliser and found some references to the Thaumanova Reactor fractal (#97) so I’m going to see if there might be anything to it.

I used to teleport to those too and do the daily events in a breeze with that and I did try again and again knowing where was the usual “empty” events spots, now it’s just wasting my time, I went back to the NPC too and talk to him but nothing new. This is sad, this was an awesome tool and I really hope to find a way to use it again. Keep me up to date if you find anything and thanks for your help.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yeah, recently I noticed I wasn’t fooled by “empty” events anymore when seeking events. Well, I must say I was one of those annoyed by it using the same icon as normal events. It was annoying to use Content Guide to seek events for dailies and then end up at a place with nothing going on. I know I could have used the stabilizer but I didn’t carry it all time and I took a while to get one. I must say I’m glad to hear it was “fixed”.

However, I agree that it makes it difficult to find rifts now and I agree it could have been fixed by changing the icon, that’s something I suggested several times, even through in-game bug report.

Angela Lance.2803

Yeah, recently I noticed I wasn’t fooled by “empty” events anymore when seeking events. Well, I must say I was one of those annoyed by it using the same icon as normal events. It was annoying to use Content Guide to seek events for dailies and then end up at a place with nothing going on. I know I could have used the stabilizer but I didn’t carry it all time and I took a while to get one. I must say I’m glad to hear it was “fixed”.

However, I agree that it makes it difficult to find rifts now and I agree it could have been fixed by changing the icon, that’s something I suggested several times, even through in-game bug report.[/quote]

I was using it for dailies… pointing the tool at an empty event getting the rift up and shutting it off, I was credited for an event, really this was the fastest way to do events for dailies.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s a shame we can’t do the Dailies with Rift Events, anymore. I hope the Devs didn’t remove them because some wouldn’t use a Stabilizer, or just walk on by.