Client Crashing from Legendary Armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

So apparently, toggling a piece of legendary armor on and off can cause other’s clients to lock up and freeze..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/68yzve/is_legendary_armor_crashing_the_game/

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Avinz.2456

Avinz.2456

This needs to be fixed. We had one person wearing it in our raid last night and it was making everyone drop frames. He had to change his armor. It’s stupid that we can’t even wear our new legendary armor…

Posted by: Aura.2169

Aura.2169

I guess karma gotcha from ya from the bragging lol

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Hey guys!

For those of you reporting the crash – we’re looking for some more information to help us with the investigation. (some of this may repeat information you’ve stated already)

1. Did you have other players around you in legendary armor when you crashed?
  2. If so, how many people do you think were nearby?
  3. What professions were they? (if you know)
  4. Were you all idling in town, or in combat (or were you using specific skills).
  5. When you crashed, did you see a crash report window or a small dialog box with a Code=(NUMBERS), or did you hard lock and not get any messages at all (and were sent straight to desktop)?
  6. Were you playing in full screen or windowed?
  7. What operating system are you using?
  8. Are you using the 64 or 32 bit client? (We know some folks override to the old sometimes)

I know this is a LOT of questions, but any of these you can answer for us will greatly help as we see if its legendary armor or another issue causing the crashing.

Thanks!

(edited by Dara Potocska.8196)

Posted by: TakaSora.6942

TakaSora.6942

This might be caused by the same issue, but shattering with respawning illusion traits also freezes up everyone nearby with the legendary armor equipped.
edit: also lagged everyone in my raid when leaving phantasm range causing them to despawn, so it might not have anything to do with those traits.

(edited by TakaSora.6942)

Posted by: So Lucky.1075

So Lucky.1075

> Unknown. chat was talking about LegendaryArmor
    > 3-6
    > Unknown
  4. Were you all idling in town, or in combat (or were you using specific skills).
    > Combat, during event. Guardian-greatsword/longbow
  5. When you crashed, did you see a crash report window or a small dialog box with a Code=(NUMBERS), or did you hard lock and not get any messages at all (and were sent straight to desktop)?
    > Full-Lock. “This program is not responding” – close.
    > Windowed Fullscreen – on main monitor – Supersampling on a 1080 monitor. almost all graphics highest/on. gtx1070 – i7.6700k
    > Win10x64
  8. Are you using the 64 or 32 bit client? (We know some folks override to the old sometimes)
    > x64 GW2 – 76,179<- current version. Last nights(may 2) version unknown.

Game crashed 3-4 times in specific event and area. After first crash I left area for 30 min and did not crash until I came back to original area. Tangled Depths – Scar Bivouac – Event to repair resonators. http://i.imgur.com/smo7GMW.png

I was playing a gaurdian(dh) – greatsword(twilight) – longbow(blueSuperSkin or fractalSkin). http://i.imgur.com/nhlqEoU.png

(edited by So Lucky.1075)

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Hey guys!

For those of you reporting the crash – we’re looking for some more information to help us with the investigation. (some of this may repeat information you’ve stated already)

I know this is a LOT of questions, but any of these you can answer for us will greatly help as we see if its legendary armor or another issue causing the crashing.

Thanks!

1. Yes someone was wearing the armor around me.
  2. I’m not sure the total number of people, but it was in the Aerodome at the time.
  3. I don’t remember the profession, but they did have multiple Phospholuminescent Infusions on with the armor as well.
  4. I was currently idle, not in combat.
  5. The client doesn’t fully crash, but it freezes up to where the game client becomes unresponsive until you force close it via Task manager giving no Crash report.
  6. I was playing in Windowed Fullscreen mode.
  7. I am running Windows 7 64-Bit Pro
  8. I was running GW2 64-Bit Client.

Just a side note: There are some people deliberately crashing others. It seems its not related to whats near by, redacted. Not sure if that was in combat or out of combat though, but the people causing the crashes were causing other people in the entire map to freeze up. Watched over 90% of an entire Squad during Octovine crash.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

(edited by Vegeta.2563)

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

In my case it’s complete pc freeze with having to hard-reboot it.
That behaviour is no stranger to me, earlier that too used to be the case (Dell L502x).
Back then (and to this day) it is fixed by underclocking the graphics chip from 1300+ shader clock to 999.

However since y-day the crash is back despite the underclocking. Now i could be just my machine, but today i deliberately went into home instance (no other player = 0 chances of legendary armor on my map) and stayed there for around 1h – 1h 30 mins. No issues whatsoever.

For comparison y-day i do one pvp match, goes fine, then in the next one i got pc forced shutdown (probs cpu or graphics overheating) the moment the match actually starts (not the 1 min to prepare or whatnot, but when coundown to actual game starts).

Maybe it’s this armor causing some super – intense calculations that for some cause crashes, while for my irky machine total shutdowns. Else i don’t see why would it run just fine today, as long as i was in private map.

Posted by: benji.2834

benji.2834

This has been happening in WvW in the last week or so. In our raid of 20, 15 or so will crash to desktop upon entering water in Alpine Borderlands. It’s happened 4 or 5 times. We’ve tried to replicate it with little success. The last time it happened was last night.

Did you have other players around you in legendary armor when you crashed?

No

If so, how many people do you think were nearby? -

What professions were they? (if you know)

Guard, Herald, Temp, Chrono, Reaper & Berzerker.

Were you all idling in town, or in combat (or were you using specific skills).

It’s happned both in combat and not in combat.

When you crashed, did you see a crash report window or a small dialog box with a Code=(NUMBERS), or did you hard lock and not get any messages at all (and were sent straight to desktop)?

Sent straight to desktop. Error report window said “Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices” as well as “Couldn’t find projectile effect for skill (don’t remember skill)”

Were you playing in full screen or windowed?

Some run fullscreen, others borderless window.

What operating system are you using?

Most running Win10

Are you using the 64 or 32 bit client? (We know some folks override to the old sometimes)

Majority 64bit.

Posted by: BigPlays.9260

BigPlays.9260

1)Did you have other players around you in legendary armor when you crashed?
2)If so, how many people do you think were nearby?
3)What professions were they? (if you know)
4)Were you all idling in town, or in combat (or were you using specific skills).
5)When you crashed, did you see a crash report window or a small dialog box with a Code=(NUMBERS), or did you hard lock and not get any messages at all (and were sent straight to desktop)?
6)Were you playing in full screen or windowed?
7)What operating system are you using?
8)Are you using the 64 or 32 bit client? (We know some folks override to the old sometimes)

1)No.
2)N/A
3)N/A
4) In a story chapter, combat
5) Got Error, back to character select screen
6) Windowed, alt tabbing some
7) Windows 10
8) 64 Bit.

Thanks, I’d appreciate it if you added a reconnect ability to reenter story missions if you’re in a party!

Posted by: Hyrkul.9308

Hyrkul.9308

Today in raid 2 ppl in my squad keep crashing every time we start Combat with KC
1)i was the only one with legendary armor (Tempest)
2)0
3)War and Dh was crashing other ppl was fine
4) combat KC
5) N/A
6) Windowed full screen
7) Windows 10
8) 64 Bit.

After Taking off My legendary armor no one crash ..

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Today in raid 2 ppl in my squad keep crashing every time we start Combat with KC
1)i was the only one with legendary armor (Tempest)
2)0
3)War and Dh was crashing other ppl was fine
4) combat KC
5) N/A
6) Windowed full screen
7) Windows 10
8) 64 Bit.

After Taking off My legendary armor no one crash ..

Just to be certain, could you repeat that test with legendary armor transmuted to any non-legendary skin?

Posted by: Fizzee.1762

Fizzee.1762

Thanks!

1. Probably not, I was in WvW (EB), we are still waiting for ascended…
2. following a comm with 40 on tag, maybe a couple of enemies nearby but lets say 45 max
3. Mostly GREN. A couple of mesmers for veils/portals too.
4. just out of combat, running to a tower
5. got a crash report box.
6. borderless.
7. 10 pro
8. 64bit.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Unrelated maybe, but I had hang ups and freezes with just shattering of White Mantle Mesmer ’s clones as well and I seen up to I 6 which started causing problems.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Musica Arcaida.4685

Musica Arcaida.4685

A friend of mine deliberately used their legendary heavy armor to crash my game, and then the PTs as a joke two times. Another friend was causing lag with his phantasms using the legendary armor effect, where he had to put a outfit on to stop it. The client freezes up, and basically is useless when it happens where I have to CRTL ALT Delete to exit out. I’m using a 64bit full resolution setting, please fix your legendary armor bugs.

Posted by: LINKAZZATORE.8135

LINKAZZATORE.8135

Hey guys!

Thanks!

Crashed in eb (eu) just now along other 3+ (by the look of squad 10ish) from my server

1 not sure if there was a legendary armor
2 40ish people
3 probably one of everything
4 all in combat
5 crash report window
6 full screen
7 windows 10 (last update)
8 64 bit

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Hey everyone! I wanted to follow up with an update on this.

We have identified the cause for the lag/crashes and are looking into a fix for it, but I cannot provide an eta for when it will be out.

There is also another issue where mesmers summoning clones and phantasms can cause graphic pops and fps drops. A fix for this is also being looked into, and I cannot provide an eta for when it will be ready.

If you continue to crash but you are not a mesmer or do not suspect armor toggling – please start a new thread and we’ll get some investigating on that topic. Thank you again to everyone for the answers to the questions! It was verify helpful in identifying different areas of impact.

(edited by Dara Potocska.8196)

Posted by: Hyrkul.9308

Hyrkul.9308

ZeftheWicked.3076 , oh forgot to say that, but the legendary was on my mesmer , so my tempest had only legendary skin and the crash happen.

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

Im experiancing massive fps drops when people with legendary are near me (visible sight). Esspecially when they are animating: moving, casting skill etc. Changing character quality to lowest in graphic settings does help. But it seems to happen alot when people are around with the armor.

Mind if i drop this here?