Client crash convenient for Anet

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Really getting tired of the client crashing when a world boss is just under 10% health, then getting shoved into overflow. I get 30fps during huge zerg fights in WvW, and it does just fine when doing the aetherblade fights in the invasions, yet somehow magically it crashes when the most loot is on the line.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Yes, because Anet definitely benefits from you missing out on putting more currency into the game, making the Gem:Gold ratio higher.

Right?
Right?
Right?

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Yes, because Anet definitely benefits from you missing out on putting more currency into the game, making the Gem:Gold ratio higher.

Right?
Right?
Right?

If it was just me, your sarcasm would make sense, but tell me, if it happens to thousands of users, then what?

By their own numbers, in their first year, just one type of mob in this game removed approximately $1.2million worth of gold from the in game economy in just the repair fees people had to pay to make up for being killed by them.
How much loot are they not distributing by allowing critical bugs to persist then? World event loot includes at least one yellow, and now T7 mats.

With all the fabrications they’ve pulled over the past year, along with the unscrupulous methods they use to part people with their in game money, it’s no stretch to see how they would ignore certain bugs for that same purpose.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Melana.8345

Melana.8345

I’ve had it crash during the “kill Scarlet” section – and the crash log showed it was running out of memory (I have 16Gb ram, and at the time of the crash had 8Gb free – it was the process hitting max memory for the process, not my system running out).

I’ve since turned down the settings for number of users to display and some effects, and not seen the crash since – but I also have only got to the Scarlet fight a couple of times since, so I can’t guarantee that this actually fixed it.

As a work-around – the servers don’t consider you’ve logged out/disconnected until you click the send/close button on the crash log. So if you crakitten that point, do not close the window for about 30 seconds (or whatever time was left in the event) – or if you have people on voice chat until they confirm that the event finished. When you log back in, you’ll at least get the map rewards (though not the “killed Scarlet” one) even if you log back into a different overflow. If you’re in a party, you can “join party” to get back to the area you were in (it seems to work on home servers as well as overflows for the past couple of months), and get to pick up drops that you had earned before the crash. Still extremely frustrating to crash, but at least you don’t have to lose so much when you do so.

Despaired Ranger: Crafted The Dreamer, lost range, lost GS condi damage for synergy.
Pet AI awful. Sword root+Aussie latency unmanagable. Lost playstyle, lost legendary, given up.
Mell: 80 Asura Guardian (+7 other 80s) | Aus Serenity [AUS] | Jade Quarry