Cliffside Fractal Hammer Bug [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Endo Kazuki.2086

Endo Kazuki.2086

This is currently being investigated.

Helloo? Is Anet fixing this or what?? Just happened again, level 40 frac. All these dungeon bugs is kitten annoying and blocks progress. I am not sure why all these things are not quickly dealt with. Plus this bug has been been around for ages.

(edited by Endo Kazuki.2086)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Happened to our group. Hammer carrier fell off the platform, died, and the hammer disappeared.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

When is this going to be fixed? Just happened to us towards the end of the third fractal on 40, needless to say we’re kittening kittened.

It’s a gamebreaking bug which is in there over a month. How can this not be fixed yet? Or do you think that one major fractal reset wasn’t enough (neverforget) and we need to get the chance at smaller resets every now and then?

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Another progress lost. Is it on purpuse? i ALWAYS get hammer fractal, often on 3 th too.
Can you remove this instance from the game?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

At this point it needs removed from the rotation until it is fixed. This game breaking bug being here for over a month is NOT acceptable.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

At this point it needs removed from the rotation until it is fixed. This game breaking bug being here for over a month is NOT acceptable.

It should be fixed with high priority, absolutely.

But I don’t want Cliffside removed from the rotation in the meantime. For one, that takes time (and testing resources). For two, if you’re careful, this particular bug can be avoided. And, to be fair to ANet, this isn’t one particular bug, there’s a couple of ways that the hammer can go missing — what they probably should do is find a way to replace the hammer (e.g. interactable anvil: do you want to destroy existing hammers to get a new one? Yes|No?)

And of course, despite the complexity of the issue, they should fix it ASAP.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Crystal Reid

Previous

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

The fix should roll out with the feature pack.

Andraus.3874

It should be fixed with high priority, absolutely.

But I don’t want Cliffside removed from the rotation in the meantime. For one, that takes time (and testing resources). For two, if you’re careful, this particular bug can be avoided. And, to be fair to ANet, this isn’t one particular bug, there’s a couple of ways that the hammer can go missing — what they probably should do is find a way to replace the hammer (e.g. interactable anvil: do you want to destroy existing hammers to get a new one? Yes|No?)

And of course, despite the complexity of the issue, they should fix it ASAP.

First off, I really do like the mechanics of this shard and like how challenging it can be. However, There’s just so many issues with this shard. You can pick the hammer up forever if you know how to do it. You can keep the first arch diviner from doing anything so he just stands there while you kill it……. Used distortion or endure pain? Well hammer won’t charge for you hopefully you still have chanters left to get charge before fanatics come….not to mention how often people now miss the final seal because of the hitting range has been decreased. You can also keep the final boss from resetting like Mai Trin ( although this one I wouldn’t consider an exploit or bug really)…. These things are easy to reproduce but as many tickets I send it doesn’t matter. Of course the deal breaker for me is this hammer bug. The problem is I can easily avoid it but I usually run with pugs as I am in a smaller guild. It doesn’t matter if I warn people or show them where to stand to hit it, pugs are pugs. I do enjoy the complex mechanics of this shard but really at this point it’s brokenness is just too much in my personal opinion.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Andraus.3874

Thank you for your response. I really hope this fix happens then. Meanwhile I’ll keep sending tickets for the more exploitable issues that I would prefer not be made public knowledge so that everyone would abuse them.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Meanwhile I’ll keep sending tickets for the more exploitable issues that I would prefer not be made public knowledge so that everyone would abuse them.

They should fix the Mossman. I’m used to play with my guildies doing legit runs (yesterday we did fractal 43… yeah, the kittene) and it put me in a position where i didn’t learn any of the exploits the community use. So… when i try to join a group that wants to use an exploit; if I say that i don’t know about it, i got kicked, and if i say nothing and pretend that i know it but i fail at it, i got kicked as well.

Short story: The community toxicity kicks people because they don’t know or don’t want to break the Rules that everyone accept when they create their account. That really needs to be adressed.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Andraus.3874

Meanwhile I’ll keep sending tickets for the more exploitable issues that I would prefer not be made public knowledge so that everyone would abuse them.

They should fix the Mossman. I’m used to play with my guildies doing legit runs (yesterday we did fractal 43… yeah, the kittene) and it put me in a position where i didn’t learn any of the exploits the community use. So… when i try to join a group that wants to use an exploit; if I say that i don’t know about it, i got kicked, and if i say nothing and pretend that i know it but i fail at it, i got kicked as well.

Short story: The community toxicity kicks people because they don’t know or don’t want to break the Rules that everyone accept when they create their account. That really needs to be adressed.

I don’t know why people would kick you for that. That exploit barely ever works and is just a waste of time. I’ve done fractals 2-3 times a day for over a year (mostly with only pugs) and if they are kicking you for that then they were not going to be a good party anyway. Most pug parties don’t bother with trying to glitch it anymore because it won’t work 95% of the time. Now a few months ago people would do it all the time but since they fixed it, it really doesn’t work.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

the exploit works because mossman doesnt have underwater abilities. However, mossman resets pretty often. Either way, the encounter is boring. The community isnt that toxic since they would skip kittenty unrewarding encounters

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They should fix the Mossman.

However, mossman resets pretty often. Either way, the encounter is boring.

Maybe we can stay on topic: this thread is about the bug with the Hammer in Cliffside Fractal.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Glad to hear it. Thank you for letting us know ahead of time.

(If you have time, it would be great if you could check with QA that all the ways in the which the hammer can disappear have been addressed. Thanks.)

Andraus.3874

Glad to hear it. Thank you for letting us know ahead of time.

(If you have time, it would be great if you could check with QA that all the ways in the which the hammer can disappear have been addressed. Thanks.)

As far as I’m aware you only permanently lose the hammer from this bug or from DCing with the hammer. Interestingly, I believe they may have changed the mechanics for losing the hammer on the way up to the seal. I don’t know when this occurred. Perhaps the change was made a month ago but doesn’t always work correctly, which may also point to the source of the actual bug that is discussed at length in this thread.

Normally if you lose the hammer on the way up to a seal it floats in the air and you need to wipe to reset it. As others have posted in this thread and several other threads, this was still needing to be done this past month and was a successful method for getting the hammer back in this situation.

However a couple nights ago we had someone blown off the side of cliff with the hammer and I was getting ready to jump off the side to do a party wipe when the hammer actually appeared on the pedal stool where the player who fell was in downed state. This was convenient as we didn’t need to do a party wipe to get the hammer back, which was something I needed to do a couple weeks ago in the same situation.

It also makes sense that this new mechanic would go unnoticed here if it only works once and awhile. When it works people aren’t going to come to the forums to discuss how nice this change is, or even more likely, they won’t take much notice of it. When it doesn’t work people will just do a full party wipe to reset it which everyone has been used to doing, so they wouldn’t mention it here either. However losing the hammer permanently at a seal phase is a different story as we all know lol.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are several circumstances in which the hammer becomes unusable:

• You fall off the scaffolding walking up and the hammer drops out of reach.
  • You fall into a hole on the platforms and boomerang back to a nearby spot, in the downed state and without the hammer.
  • You get killed while being knocked off the platform and reappear at the bottom, without the hammer.
  • You get knocked back just after swinging the hammer (e.g. by the shield that appears on the seal) and take damage, sending you into the down state.

But the reason I posted the request is that it absolutely shouldn’t matter to your progress if you die, the party wipes, if you fall, if you get downed, if you get KD’d, or anything at all. If the hammer is required to succeed, then they should make sure you can never lose it. Or, since that’s probably impossible to ensure (humans always figuring out something that the computers didn’t anticipate), there should be some way to replace the hammer so that it doesn’t matter that you lost it.

Posted by: was.4152

was.4152

You know about this bug that block progression. In addition it may occur when someone pick up the hammer and got disconnected.
As disconnecting happens more often these days ( you are working on that as well, right? ) it is VERY annoying.
When I meet this bug twice a day (on lvl 40 and lvl 20) it becomes VERY , VERY annoying.
So, could you remove this fractal from rotation until you manage to fix it, please.
And do your best about disconnects as well.
Thank you.

Andraus.3874

• You fall off the scaffolding walking up and the hammer drops out of reach.
  • You fall into a hole on the platforms and boomerang back to a nearby spot, in the downed state and without the hammer.
  • You get killed while being knocked off the platform and reappear at the bottom, without the hammer.
  • You get knocked back just after swinging the hammer (e.g. by the shield that appears on the seal) and take damage, sending you into the down state.

But the reason I posted the request is that it absolutely shouldn’t matter to your progress if you die, the party wipes, if you fall, if you get downed, if you get KD’d, or anything at all. If the hammer is required to succeed, then they should make sure you can never lose it. Or, since that’s probably impossible to ensure (humans always figuring out something that the computers didn’t anticipate), there should be some way to replace the hammer so that it doesn’t matter that you lost it.

I agree but you only lose it permanetly from falling with the hammer during a seal phase. We are used to working around losing it otherwise and doing the full party wipe. Its been like that for as long as I can recall. You do not lose it permanetly from falling on the way up to a seal.

Edit: I’m not sure what your number 4 means besides getting knocked back into a hole which is the same as number 2. But number 1 and number 3 are fixed with party wipe.

But also add DC to the list as it causes it to be lost permanently.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Illconceived Was Na.9781

<snip>

But the reason I posted the request is that it absolutely shouldn’t matter to your progress if you die, the party wipes, if you fall, if you get downed, if you get KD’d, or anything at all. <snip>

I agree but you only lose it permanetly from falling with the hammer during a seal phase. We are used to working around losing it otherwise and doing the full party wipe. Its been like that for as long as I can recall. You do not lose it permanetly from falling on the way up to a seal.

Edit: I’m not sure what your number 4 means besides getting knocked back into a hole which is the same as number 2. But number 1 and number 3 are fixed with party wipe.

But also add DC to the list as it causes it to be lost permanently.

So, let’s not call it “losing the hammer.” Let’s even disagree about whether there are three ways or more, The point is that progress is completely blocked when you don’t have the hammer.

Does “the fix should roll out with the feature pack” mean they addressed only one of the ways in which the hammer can become inaccessible? Only two? My concern is that they’ve tried addressing specific issues in the past and players are still having to quit the fractal.

My hope, in asking for QA to confirm it’s fully resolved, is that ANet will remember this and consider creating a mechanic that allows manual replacement of the hammer. Then it would no longer matter how the hammer gets borked.

Andraus.3874

I think a manual reset mechanic would be great. I wasn’t saying there’s only 2 ways to lose the hammer. I just meant permanently losing the hammer so that you can’t reset it and it blocks all progress. If you fall on the way up to a seal it is able to be reset and you can still progress. I was just trying to be clear on this because it would be helpful for the devs to know in fixing the issue for situations when the hammer can be reset or when it completely blocks progres.

I do worry that they won’t do a manual way to reset it and not fix the issue with DC ing with the hammer which permanently blocks progress.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Posted by: Ashlee.8409

Ashlee.8409

So, could you remove this fractal from rotation until you manage to fix it, please.

This. Are they serios? This bug is there for more than a month, ppl spend time in fractals and loose progress because anet is unable to fix this bug.
I go fractals very often and i think i needed to stop my runs more than 10times cause of this bug. Sucks.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

“Fixed an issue that prevented the Cultist Hammer from respawning correctly when players fell off the platforms around the chest and arms of the colossus.”

They fixed it!

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Ilirien.1568

Ilirien.1568

This bugg is not fixed yet. happened to me today twice.

ANET- you are far far away from the standard that battle.net made.

really far away

Andraus.3874

This bugg is not fixed yet. happened to me today twice.

ANET- you are far far away from the standard that battle.net made.

really far away

What exactly happened that the bug triggered? Was it at a seal phase? Did someone Dc with the hammer? As I unfortunately predicted they did not fix the DC bug as it went overlooked in this thread.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Posted by: Ashlee.8409

Ashlee.8409

This bug isn’t fixed. PLS REMOVE THIS FRACTAL UNTIL U’RE ABLE TO FIX THIS BUG!!!

(edited by Ashlee.8409)

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

It currently works like : All players die: everything resets including the hammer.
But: the hammer disappears 0.5-1 second after it has spawned, so it’s impossible to pick it up on time.

How can the hammer disappear after it had reset? Is there some invisible guy picking it up? Is it falling through the texture?

Posted by: Tom Deluxe.9105

Tom Deluxe.9105

This bug isn’t fixed. PLS REMOVE THIS FRACTAL UNTIL U’RE ABLE TO FIX THIS BUG!!!

+1