Cliffside hammer bug still persists

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The hammer in cliffside despawns when the person who is carrying the hammer gets disconnected and does not respawn. If the group wipes, the hammer respawns for a second and the vanishes, leaving groups unable to complete this fractal.

Please fix this, it is utterly annoying.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That is annoying.

My hope is that, instead of “fixing” this, they add a way to manually replace the hammer. I suspect it’s impossible to identify every scenario in which the hammer could get lost, disappear, or otherwise be unavailable to the party — any one of which will prevent completion of the level. The only guaranteed solution is to give the party a way to get it back, even if they have to run all the way to the bottom and back up.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

NovaanVerdiano.6174

That is annoying.

My hope is that, instead of “fixing” this, they add a way to manually replace the hammer. I suspect it’s impossible to identify every scenario in which the hammer could get lost, disappear, or otherwise be unavailable to the party — any one of which will prevent completion of the level. The only guaranteed solution is to give the party a way to get it back, even if they have to run all the way to the bottom and back up.

Yes, I would love that too. Losing progress is extremely frustrating.

Posted by: Crystal Reid

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

This is actually a separate bug from the one that was fixed in the feature pack. Investigating this issue, but I can’t offer an ETA on a fix.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Best way to fix all of the disappearing hammer bugs (o at least minimize their impact) would be to make the postuments it usually spawns on able to summon the hammer from wherever it is at the moment (or introduce any other mechanic that could force the spawn).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

NovaanVerdiano.6174

This is actually a separate bug from the one that was fixed in the feature pack. Investigating this issue, but I can’t offer an ETA on a fix.

Thanks for the response & informing us.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for the response.

Can you check whether the relevant team is considering a solution to the general problem?

Y’all keep fixing different bugs affecting the hammer, but so long as even one remains, teams will be blocked. If instead someone developed a way to manually replace the hammer at a set location, it wouldn’t matter why or how the hammer goes missing; people would always be able to progress.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hey Crystal, how about putting in a dialogue interface at the “altars” where players can talk to it and get an option to “Summon the hammer”. This runs a check to see if the Hammer is currently being carried by a player. If it is not, it despawns the original Hammer and spawns a new Hammer to be carried by the player who initiated the conversation.

Just an idea for a possible solution.

Illconceived Was Na.9781