Clocktower Bug?

Clocktower Bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Northernmaster.8461

Northernmaster.8461

Q:

I have in numerous occasions got teleported to the start of the instance for no reason, most frequently happen when i run across a flat surface without any “acid” in sight.
The other is that i have reached the end of the Clocktower JP numerous time but i never had succeeded in jumping to the Clocktower Hole.

Im using a female Norn if that matters at all.

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: Candlelight.1376

Candlelight.1376

The second bug is a known bug. I heard that it can be fixed by relogging.

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: veldrenor.1469

veldrenor.1469

I’ve had the same “random teleport” bug happen to me. The first few times I thought “well, maybe I missed a jump,” but then it happened while I was with 10 other people when you stand on that big cog and wait for the wall of the clocktower to explode. There was no acid, I wasn’t moving, I was standing in a crowd, and I was the only one who got teleported back to the beginning.

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: Kiraki.9761

Kiraki.9761

I have had this happen too, I have made it to the top/final staircase more than once now, just to be teleported back for no reason. It also happens randomly on other locations and relogging does not help at all.

Clocktower Bug?

Northernmaster.8461

The second bug is a known bug. I heard that it can be fixed by relogging.

If its a known bug, i not doing this JP until i know for sure it’ll fixed. There’s no way to tell unless you fail the jump basically and with the random teleportation bug i doubt it’ll be easy.

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: great hs.8019

great hs.8019

Having the same problem. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Clocktower Bug?

Kiraki.9761

I am not exactly sure how but it seems the problem might be computer related.

I have not been able to complete the puzzle at all due to being teleported back at random points throughout the puzzle so I decided to try it from my husbands computer and I managed to finish the puzzle without being teleported even once.

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: aliasbk.8516

aliasbk.8516

I am having the same issue but only on my norn. I have completed it with every other race with no problem at all.

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: MrHibachi.5641

MrHibachi.5641

I made a post about this a while back; I have the same problem. Completing the event is impossible this way.

(edited by MrHibachi.5641)

Clocktower Bug?

Northernmaster.8461

This is frustrating, i’ve made it to the end 10 times now and never had much success jumping into the hole. Always fall and got tele’d back to the start.

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: Windamier.1023

Windamier.1023

I’ve had the first problem as well, on several occasions and after running the puzzle with a friend, I think I may know the trouble, at the least on my end. It has to do with internet connection speed. On his screen, I was behind and lagging very badly, even while on mine I was ahead of most of the group.

The puzzle seems to start based on who loads first, and seconds seem to be the difference between continuing and being teleported back.

From what I can tell, the teleporting happens when the hands rise out of the ooze and grab you, thus throwing you back to the waiting area. Even though you can’t see it on your screen, you’re behind everyone else, and sadly the green ooze has caught up to you.

—oh um. Also apparently my friend said to wait until the clock face bursts open, when you’re at the top of the final stairway leading toward the tower. I’m not sure if this helps, or if it’s what you’ve been doing all along. I’m afraid I don’t know any of this from personal experience.

(edited by Windamier.1023)

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: Mazone.9168

Mazone.9168

I have a Problem at the Clocktower Clock upside. I’am always be there at the “final jump” into the hole of the Clock. But always when i am try to jump in after the Clock become the hole, i failed / cannot jump in and bang at the hole (really) and fall down. I dont know WHY its happend. Its dont get away after relog or something.

Greetings

btw: I am Female Sylvari. But doesnt think the race is important?

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: MrHibachi.5641

MrHibachi.5641

I’ve had the first problem as well, on several occasions and after running the puzzle with a friend, I think I may know the trouble, at the least on my end. It has to do with internet connection speed. On his screen, I was behind and lagging very badly, even while on mine I was ahead of most of the group.

The puzzle seems to start based on who loads first, and seconds seem to be the difference between continuing and being teleported back.

From what I can tell, the teleporting happens when the hands rise out of the ooze and grab you, thus throwing you back to the waiting area. Even though you can’t see it on your screen, you’re behind everyone else, and sadly the green ooze has caught up to you.

The problem is I have a 15 mbps connection and I rarely had lag issues in the past – yet this problem has been very persistent since the start of the event.

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: Windamier.1023

Windamier.1023

My connection’s worse I admit, but I haven’t had lag issues on medium graphics. I run the puzzle low as possible to try to help boost all I can…but it is good to know it may not just be a connection thing. I suppose in the same way Sharkmaw Cavern had the instant kill bug that was fixed, they’ll look into and fix what this one may be.

Clocktower Bug?

Northernmaster.8461

Seriously though, im a completionist and have done most if not all Jumping Puzzle in the game, with 4 more days until Halloween is over i don’t’ see my self getting that Achievement for Clocktower this year. Feels really awful knowing you managed to get to the end but blocked by a bug instead

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Clocktower Bug?

Northernmaster.8461

Yes that what happen to me, but in my case i ask the person that was in the lead with me did he saw me fall or got grabbed by the hands and most of the time they said no and i just vanished into the air

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: francisling.2987

francisling.2987

Having the same problem too, right before the first wait, I get teleported out for no apparent at all. Every single time, even after I logged in/changed map.

Sometimes it evens teleports me to the rooftop/water, and teleports me back to the beginning point, and immediately after that, kicks me out.

Strangely this happened AFTER one or two ‘mini’ patch back, can’t be sure which one, they were so close.

Clocktower Bug?

Kiraki.9761

Windamier.1023

Even though I can see how a bad connection might cause problems in itself, this was certainly not the case for me. Not only do I have a very good internet connection but my husband and I are on the same connection, yet this does not happen at all when playing on his computer as opposed to mine.

Clocktower Bug?

Northernmaster.8461

Sooo, this is my latest attempt at CT and i got teleported outside of the Jumping Puzzle, while funny this shows that the CT Jumping Puzzle has teleportation bugs in them

Attachments:

Clocktower Bug?

Northernmaster.8461

Update: Made a Male Human yesterday, and do the CT puzzle perfectly in 1 try, got the end and just jump like usual and got in the hole. Change character right after to my Female Norn and got to the top in 1 try, jump like usual, hit the clock tower hole and fail to get in.
Something is definitely wrong here

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

Yup, I couldn’t finish the tower because I kept getting teleported back for no reason! And also I got teleported outside of the tower.

Attachments:

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

please fix the clock tower bug.

i got INSIDE the clock tower via the final jump through the shattered clock face only to be teleported back to the starting area immediately after gotten INSIDE.

please fix.

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

seems that they don’t wanna fix this because they keep ignoring the posts

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: Sujin.6870

Sujin.6870

This has been happening to me too.

I recorded a video showing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQWki1PXVI.

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: Cyberkaki.7591

Cyberkaki.7591

Yea. I had the same problem with the clocktower hole with my Asura.
Think I did that final jump almost like 10 times now and I just won’t enter the load screen. Not sure what’s wrong. Giving up for today.

Clocktower Bug?

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Cyberkaki, try relogging. I had this bug earlier and logging out and back in seemed to fix it (at least, I did get in when I tried a second time after relogging).