CoF Medium Armor Male Bug cant show SHOULDERS

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: sergfocus.9137

sergfocus.9137

I noticed you cant see Shoulders of COF armor with the main piece of the armor..
please fix this.. I why i cant i see any shoulders with COF armor…

Posted by: praeclarus.6321

praeclarus.6321

It’s the CoF medium chest piece that’s bugged, it doesn’t show any shoulder pads no matter what you equip

sergfocus.9137

YES the main chest pieces bugged so we cant see any shoulders.. thats what i am talking about.. 1 month and still no fix?

Posted by: GsMax.8523

GsMax.8523

Yes, the COF main piece is bugged. You cant see shoulders with it. The bug happens only with medium armor for humans.

sergfocus.9137

its only for male piece no ?

sergfocus.9137

bump.. anyone ?

Posted by: Noxinecrotic.7598

Noxinecrotic.7598

Just got my chest-piece, really disappointed that the visual bug occurs not just in the preview window. Any word on if there is a fix in the works?

sergfocus.9137

yea really annoyed me too ! but i saw this already in the beta when I got the armor rewards in the PVP area… 1 month and still not fixed.. its not like there are milions of armor in this game.. any notice about this will ever be fixed?

sergfocus.9137

any update on this…?

Posted by: Lauren Hotson.5068

Lauren Hotson.5068

Next

Hello everyone. Thank you for reporting this issue to us!

The Citadel of Flames coat actually hides all other shoulderpads because the design of the coat comes with its own shoulders (the right shoulder, specifically). If you look in your hero panel and hover over the shoulders while your CoF coat is equipped it should say at the bottom of the hover panel, “this item is currently obscured by another.” (See screenshot)

If you equip the CoF shoulders with a different coat, they should appear, but when coupled with the coat from the same set, they will not. The shoulders still contribute the stats to your set.

We wanted this set to be unique for male players as the flame sash across the front of the coat with the spike on the shoulder does not exist on the female set. If you really love the shoulders, you can always transmute them onto a different set with a different coat. The shoulders still contribute the stats to your set either way. We have a few other sets that behave in a similar fashion.

Hope that helps and sorry for the confusion!

Attachments:

QA World Team

Code of Conduct: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules

(edited by Lauren Hotson.5068)

Posted by: Sadisticwolf.5376

Sadisticwolf.5376

Is there any reason this set was made like this ? I’m having trouble understanding why something people worked hard to get is like this.

sergfocus.9137

The Citadel of Flames coat actually hides all other shoulderpads because the design of the coat comes with its own shoulders (the right shoulder, specifically). If you look in your hero panel and hover over the shoulders while your CoF coat is equipped it should say at the bottom of the hover panel, “this item is currently obscured by another.” (See screenshot)

If you equip the CoF shoulders with a different coat, they should appear, but when coupled with the coat from the same set, they will not.

Thank you for the update on this,so I wanna confirm this. we will never see the shoulders with this Coat never? cuz really look good.. instead of that half shoulder thing… and if i wanna other shoulders,they wont be seenble? cause I think people buying CoF shoulders because of how awsome they look.. its really sad we cant really see them

Previous

Lauren Hotson.5068

Next

If you equip the CoF shoulders with a different coat, they should appear, but when coupled with the coat from the same set, they will not.

Thank you for the update on this,so I wanna confirm this. we will never see the shoulders with this Coat never? cuz really look good.. instead of that half shoulder thing… and if i wanna other shoulders,they wont be seenble? cause I think people buying CoF shoulders because of how awsome they look.. its really sad we cant really see them

Hello, I’ve updated my previous response on this matter. We understand everyone’s concern for this set, but unfortunately the design of the shoulders does not have an easy solution.

Have a great day!

QA World Team

sergfocus.9137

Hello, I’ve updated my previous response on this matter. We understand everyone’s concern for this set, but unfortunately the design does not have an easy solution.

Have a great day!

Thanks again… but my question is why we have the option to Hide the shouders if they really unseanble… the point we have option to hide/unhide shoulders if we wanna see them or not.. why it cant be overide coat shoulders if i wanna see my shoulders on this set,and if I dont I just hide them ? isnt this totally gonna make this perfect? and how the game shoulder system supposed to have been ? otherwise I dont see why we have option to Show/Un-show shoulders.Thank very much for the fast responose,hope you can respond me on my last question

Attachments:

Previous

Lauren Hotson.5068

Next

The ability to hide shoulders is a universal feature and it cannot be disabled for just one piece of a set. In the case of the Citadel of Flames armors, the shoulders are hidden if they are equipped with the CoF coat. If you use those shoulders with a different coat, though, the shoulders will appear.

QA World Team

sergfocus.9137

Yea,I understood that,though if I use diffrent shoulders with CoF coat they wont show too… but yes I understand your point,thank for your fast answers ! great design of the armor then next time make it as complete set :P !

Posted by: GsMax.8523

GsMax.8523

Still that’s totally strange why is it a set then if the shoulders isn’t part of the art of the armor. And thank you for the answer.

Posted by: Bar.4062

Bar.4062

The ability to hide shoulders is a universal feature and it cannot be disabled for just one piece of a set.

But by that same token, isn’t the ability to SHOW shoulders also a universal feature? Does it make sense to disable this for one item in the game?

Previous

Lauren Hotson.5068

The ability to hide shoulders is a universal feature and it cannot be disabled for just one piece of a set.

But by that same token, isn’t the ability to SHOW shoulders also a universal feature? Does it make sense to disable this for one item in the game?

I understand your concern here, but unfortunately, the way the coat for males of this set is designed does not allow for the textures of shoulders to appear. =/

It was an executive design decision to make some sets like this in an effort to make distinguishing features between the male and female versions of the set.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

QA World Team

sergfocus.9137

No problem I guesss… well thanks for trying to help and for the apology ;x