Commanders being Squelched in /map /team

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lensar.4920

Lensar.4920

Q:

I understand that the devs need to be careful of specifics regarding chat squelching since I imagine that it’s intended use is to combat gold spammers and other disreputable types. But my question is regarding normal usage.

Very often, it seems like our commanders, as well as others, end up being squelched by the game when trying to talk in /map and /team. I’ve even seen it happen with a groupmate who hadn’t said anything, ever, as far as I know.

So here are my questions:

- Is there a known bug with players being squelched when they shouldn’t?
- What circumstances constitute “acceptable and proper” use of /map or /team? If a commander says 10 things per minute is that over the limit?
- Would it be possible to raise the squelch limit for commanders? It seems unlikely to me that gold sellers would shell out 100 gold for better spamming.
- Does squelch apply to /squad? If not, any chance of increasing squad size? (didn’t think so)
- Are there other ways to allow for mass in-game communication that aren’t subject to the squad limit and squelch limitations?

-Lensar

Lensar – [End] Rasnel – 80 Warrior
Ascalons Requiem – Blackgate
Public Blackgate WvW Forum: http://bit.ly/X3Bifl

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Genthar.4029

Genthar.4029

I was in the same boat last night, though not as a commander. Last night were 4 of us in my guild trying to get into AC, so I was looking for a 5th. I don’t think I did /map more than twice before I was squelched…and I was also squelched in /say. I’m pretty careful not to just spam the public channels, as I find it very annoying myself, so I don’t know what triggered it. I know the cynics out there will say “yeah he said twice, that means he was blasting the channel,” but it really was about twice in the span of 5 minutes and I got squelched.

Now, I had been talking alot in guild/party trying to get everyone arranged, but those are private channels and shouldn’t be affected by any squelching algorithms…if they are, then that may be a bug that should be fixed.