Complete Cyphers from chests don't work?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nefara.2186

Nefara.2186

I opened a few chests in Scarlet’s Secret Lair (2 watchwork, 1 molten, 1 lockbox) and was lucky enough to receive a completed Molten Cypher and Scarlet’s Lockbox Key out of their respective chests. In the loot sidebar I saw their icons along with the telltale gold rimmed icon. However, after trying to open the Molten chest or Scarlet’s lockbox it said I didn’t have a cypher for them, and looking in my inventory, they weren’t there. I checked my loot log and it confirmed that I’d received the key and the molten cypher.

Has anyone ever successfully used a cypher or key that was given as loot from one of the chests? Was this a fluke/unlucky happenstance or did something not get implemented?

Musically inclined individual forever on the lute treadmill.
Check out my songs for the harp !
My guide for beginners!

(edited by Nefara.2186)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I don’t think the chests give completed keys, but just some pieces that can be used to assemble a key.

It could be the icon scrolling on the sidebar was just slow to appear and was a ‘leftover’ from where you assembled the keys. You can always check your chat logs to see what you actually picked up from the chests to verify.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I have opened a veritable ton of these chests so far, but I can’t recall ever getting a completed key as a reward.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Nefara.2186

Well, that’s the thing, I did check my chat log (I have a tab specifically set to just loot) and the list read along the lines of:

Cabalist Hood
5 Molten Cypher Pieces
1 Onyx Core
1 Molten Cypher

Plus, I assembled some of the cyphers yesterday, so there’s no chance of it being a leftover from assembly. I strongly encourage you to watch your own loot logs every time you loot one of the chests. I think that they meant to implement it but that something went wrong with it.

My guide for beginners!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Most everyone I know tends to get enough additional fragments while in the lair to assemble a couple of extra keys. The chat log you copied is consistent with you assembling an additional molten cypher after you had used all your pre-assembled keys.

The only way to demonstrate conclusively that you got a busted cypher is if you had the cypher visible in inventory and you still couldn’t open the chest.

In other words, the evidence presented thus far is consistent with your having made an extra key, used it quickly, and just never got a chance to see the assembled cypher in your bags.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Nefara.2186

I guess you only have my word for it, but I can only tell you that I did not assemble any keys while in the secret room. So in that respect I can be 100% positive that it was not a key that I forgot I had made, and I did actually receive it as loot.

On top of that, I didn’t even have enough molten or lockbox fragments to make cyphers (at the time I think about 5-10 of each) so there’s that.

Again, I have to encourage everyone who is opening the chest regularly to please check your loot logs and see if maybe you’re getting “phantom” drops. If it wasn’t just a one-off glitch then it must be happening to more people, but I’m guessing most people just don’t watch their logs as closely.

My guide for beginners!