Condi Elementlist Skills wrong tick DMG

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sind Bowdragon.8374

Sind Bowdragon.8374

Ok here are some very easy to test and very noticeable examples of Elementalist condi damage skills doing the incorrect damage and burn times. DRAKE’S BREATH with my build says is does ( Damage (4x): 1,100 ) and ( Burning (4s) 13,674 ). damage only hits for 300-500 and the condi does 864 a tick for like 13-15 seconds. Not nearly doing the damage it says it should be doing and the burn tick is way longer than it should be for that skill. The next super easy to notice skill is from CONJURE FIERY GREATSWORD and it is the number two skill FIERY ERUPTION: (Burning (4s) 21,806dmg) What it actually does is tick 900-930. I’m not sure how long the tick goes because it kills the bear in WvW I use it on after 18 seconds. Can these please please get fix because these are the two big Ele Condi Damages and without them were not very helpful and kinda gets to the point of why even have Condition skills for elementalist.

Now to the bright side. Love GW2 and thanks to the team for the constant work on it.

Sind Bowdragon
Stormbluff Isle
[TBT] The Black TowerS

Posted by: BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon.3927

What is worth noting, the damage values on the skill are the total damage dealt by the condition over its duration.
Skills like Drake’s Breath and Fiery Eruption apply a stack of burning per tick on the skill, and they tick something like 4 times. Burning stacks by duration, for 4x 4seconds is about 16 seconds total duration of burning.

Doesn’t sound bugged to me.

Posted by: Sind Bowdragon.8374

Sind Bowdragon.8374

ok so if the skill says this….
Spray a cone of fire at foes while on the move.
Damage (4x): 1,100 —-— that is direct damage
Burning: 4s (13,674 damage) —-- this is burning damage
Range: 400
So what your telling me is that is actually works like this?
13,674dmg divided by 4 = 3418dmg divided by 4 = 854dmg.
so all that equals 854dmg per second for 16 seconds.

Why didn’t they just put16 seconds of burning for 13,674 dmg. it makes it super confusing they way its put and makes your relies how useless it actually is. that application of it becomes useful only in a 1 on 1 incounter or pve because of all the cure conditions that has been put in GW2. if you have more than 3 people with you than you can cure condi’s constantly.

Sind Bowdragon
Stormbluff Isle
[TBT] The Black TowerS