Confirming with SPACE

Confirming with SPACE

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Minae Iss.7054

Minae Iss.7054

So you used to be able to confirm messages like " You cannot invite that player, he is already in a party", " This world is full " or even to “play” a character from the character selection screen with your spacebar.

This is all disabled now ! Why ? Bug or intentional ? It’s annoying since I have been using it ( unconsciously it seems now) a lot.

( On a sidenote, if this is a bug, why not expand is to messages like salvaging yellows… or was that already inplemented ? I can’t test it now )

Confirming with SPACE

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Confirming with SPACE

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This is a different issue, I think.

• Old behavior: send email, get confirmation message that email is sent, press [spacebar] to dismiss or click on ‘accept’
  • New behavior: can only click on ‘accept’ — [spacebar] no longer dismisses the message.

For me, this is an Unquality-of-Life change. There should be some way to dismiss dialogue boxes, even if it’s just the [escape] button (which also doesn’t work).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Confirming with SPACE

Posted by: Jon Olson

Jon Olson

Programmer

Space was removed from all default action buttons. Enter continues to be supported. Note that in some dialogs the default action may have been moved to another button as well.. though most, I believe, have not changed.

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Confirming with SPACE

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Space was removed from all default action buttons. Enter continues to be supported. Note that in some dialogs the default action may have been moved to another button as well.. though most, I believe, have not changed.

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll try using [enter].

edit: [enter] works just fine. (which is ‘good enough’, even though I prefer [space])

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Confirming with SPACE

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

could this maybe be put as a key binding option? space is a lot easier to hit from the standard WASD setup…

Confirming with SPACE

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

How about taking out [enter] to default to the Character Select screen in the logout/character select/cancel dialog. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve accidentally ended up here in the middle of chatting something and [enter]ed my way out of Tequatl or a PvP match

That said, I that at some time I must have unwittingly set logout to [L] instead of F11.. unbind complete!

Confirming with SPACE

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Oh, so this is why logging in from character screen with space doesn’t work anymore. Could you add so that it could be re-mapped, or restore that functionality? It’s a small thing but I find myself incredibly annoyed with the lack of pressing spacebar to log my character in, since I was so used to it over the years.

Confirming with SPACE

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Or you could rebind WASD to actual skills and move with your mouse. You get much better movement that way while having easier access to your skills.