Confusion + Guard Bow 1

Confusion + Guard Bow 1

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

Whats up with confusion ticking instant 5 times damage ticks from a single guard bow 1 skill use……. its not the 1st time its happened either so i know its a bug, checked my combat log, 5 times hit with confusion from the use of 1 guard bow 1. its bad enough this condition is the worse kitten in the game, now its bugged as well……. gg.
please fix FAST, its kittened how much damage it does from this skill use.

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

Confusion + Guard Bow 1

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Does guard bow 1 even put conditions (other than cripple) on enemies? I didn’t think it did.

Confusion + Guard Bow 1

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I think he’s referring to having the condition on himself when he uses his bow on his DH. Makes me wonder if the arrow hitting more than one opponent makes this happen.

Confusion + Guard Bow 1

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Oooooh, I didn’t even think of it as the confusion being on the OP. In that case, yeah, it’s possible that your attack is hitting more than one target, which is causing you to take damage for each time you’re hitting a target.

Confusion + Guard Bow 1

Deemo.6094

Yeah Sinbold gets it, even so confusion should only trigger one time per skill use. I mean if im on some other class and use a skill that hits 5 ppl confusion only triggers one time from the single skill used, not 5 times from each target being hit. Thats why this is a bug.

Ok so here is what i think is happening, after some more playing and watching……..

Guard bow one bounces and hits 2 targets (2triggers) then u have trait to knock back (1trigger) then if u run life steal food like i do then u life steal on crit (1trigger) so thats 4 triggers on confusion on your self from using 1 puncture shot (Cleave/Spam 1 skill on gaurd bow) i dont know where the other trigger is comming from but its hitting 5 times. Broken and didnt used to do this pre a couple of patches ago, not sure exactly how many patches ago but this didnt happen b4 and back then i was using amp runes as well so it would of been an extra 1 trigger from the vamp runes. Anyway. Moving on to the srsness of this bug…….

Confusion mesmer puts, lets say, 8 stacks of confusion on u (typical amount for a pressure burst) u take 1.5k damage ~ per trigger thats 7.5k damage in place of 1.5k, thats an extra 6k damage. Now remember thats from only 1 cleave, if u was to cleave twice without noticing your hp/condi bars thats 15k hp gone in 2seconds from cleaving and should of only of been 3k……. 12k damage extra……

like i said b4, its bad enough with confusion alrdy and now this bug is here for guards. Please fix…….. FAST. Shouldnt have to stop everything at an instant cause u cleaved once with confusion on u. then waste heals to get back what should of never been.

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

(edited by Deemo.6094)

Confusion + Guard Bow 1

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

It’s not necessarily a bug. The longbow’s auto attack doesnt hit two people INSTANTLY like aoes/cleaves can. It hits one person, then travels and hits the second person. An aoe, on the other hand, hits 1-5 people at the same time. One is two procs of damage, the other is only one.

edit: also, learn the difference between piercing, cleaving, and aoe attacks.

Confusion + Guard Bow 1

Deemo.6094

lel, confusion triggers one time per skill use, thats it. end off. thats how it is ment to work, not amount of targets hit by the skill that triggers the confusion. Another example. a fragment trap. hits 10 times over the duration of the trap, only triggers confusion once, right. Also no need to learn the difference between the politically correct terms for effects of attacks. btw, auto attack can be w/e u place it as, cleave is just a term used in combat for spamming one skill and not wasting cooldowns. Anyway. bumped.

Confusion + Guard Bow 1

Deemo.6094

Would be nice to know if this is being looked into.