Connection Error(s) detected. Retrying

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: poppakupo.2403

poppakupo.2403

So here is some supporting evidence:

I did a netstat -b to find the IP address that my gw2 client is trying to talk to.

Then I did a tracert to that. There is an initial timeout that happens between me and my ISP, but that was only for a 7ms delay, and the real timeout came later near Chicago.

Then I did a tracert to google.com and didn’t have any problems all, but the route didn’t go through Chicago.

I’m not sure if this is Chicago’s fault since I haven’t experimented enough to get enough sample data flowing through Chicago, but it is odd that only guild wars 2 update traffic seems to be getting lost amidst the shuffle. My other internet traffic is working just fine. Only the updates seem to be causing problems.

so the update came from a server not close to Chicago and the link between there and here is getting broken or is it just high traffic and we all trying to squeeze through the door? if that’s the case hey can everyone in the midwest stop downloading so i can dl please. :p

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

chicago is a major hub I have been having this issue withthe patcher not downloading since the 2nd or 3rd mad king patch. Something is broken. Anet says its not them, but i dont care, let us pull the patches from the website kitten . I can download at 18mb/s from newsreader and i get 0-2 kb/s from you. Something is not right.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

Posted by: poppakupo.2403

poppakupo.2403

chicago is a major hub I have been having this issue withthe patcher not downloading since the 2nd or 3rd mad king patch. Something is broken. Anet says its not them, but i dont care, let us pull the patches from the website kitten . I can download at 18mb/s from newsreader and i get 0-2 kb/s from you. Something is not right.

newsreader? what’s that?

Posted by: Water.6509

Water.6509

Ha, awesome… im also in Chicago and having the same problems. Im pretty sure whatever server Anet dedicated to the Midwest is having issues. Whether it be from too many clients trying to mirror to the same host or just random server issues…whatev. I’ve tried every solution from like 17 diff forums and none worked so I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the problem is not on my end. Hopefully the issue resolves itself soon tho.

Posted by: Drink.3490

Drink.3490

https://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/map/

From the Tracerts posted it seems like you guys are using comcast in the midwest regions (Routing through 350 E Cermak in Chicago to the Tier 1 Carrier Level3)

We have had 2 users on an RCN connection patch just fine. We have a friend on comcast having issues, and are setting up VPN to tunnel his patch traffic through our connection.

We will let you know if we have any success.

Thanks!

Posted by: Drink.3490

Drink.3490

https://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/map/

From the Tracerts posted it seems like you guys are using comcast in the midwest regions (Routing through 350 E Cermak in Chicago to the Tier 1 Carrier Level3)

We have had 2 users on an RCN connection patch just fine. We have a friend on comcast having issues, and are setting up VPN to tunnel his patch traffic through our connection.

We will let you know if we have any success.

Thanks!

We didn’t even get a chance to set him up. It just started to work and completed the patch. Looks like the issues have been resolved?

Posted by: Sickchaos.8941

Sickchaos.8941

Postin’ in from the Left Coast…patched in yesterday finally, after repeated attempts. Today, I’m getting the “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…”, going on 3 hours of “Retrying”. I’ve tried all the remedies; restarting PC, admin log, exe. properties target,…so far nothing yet. At least the weather is nice here, lol, sorry Chi-town. :p

Posted by: larxs.4519

larxs.4519

Another update. ANET, please stop. This will be the third day I do not get to play because you cannot figure yourselves out. I am tired of coming home only to update my game and watch it crash, that is not a game, it is a task. I am sick and tired of being locked out in the middle of stuff because of this. Keep it up, because if it continues people will just stop checking.

Posted by: fadedxfoxxglove.1089

fadedxfoxxglove.1089

In Chicago. Same issues as everyone else and I really feel larxs’ pain. I’ve been at this for three days and I’m just about done. If ANet wants to continue updating an hour after I get home, I’m just going to find something else to do with the three hours time I have for leisure. This is literally a waste of my time. Learn when to update (as in, when people aren’t playing the game en masse).

Posted by: parvinator.4306

parvinator.4306

I’m in the same boat with the same symptoms as the rest of you. I’m in the Midwest too. During NA Prime, I can’t download patches. I have been successful getting them downloaded in the mornings, but then I have to go to work and don’t get to play. I’m on the 3rd straight night of not being able to play. It’s been this way since September or October. I am NOT happy about the problem or ANet’s lack of response.

Posted by: wolfie.2841

wolfie.2841

mi. same issue as yest.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Not getting patches in the middle of NA prime time is clearly asking too much. Push it back 4 hours and its early morning EU, midday in Oceanic, and late evening NA.

I know, time zones are hard.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

Same issue here… Brilliant, just brilliant update the game during prime time…..Why would you want to push out an update during prime time knowing that a ton of people will be slamming your servers all at once instead of say 2am.

(edited by rgraze.5169)

Posted by: verthandi.2864

verthandi.2864

I’ve gotten the “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…” message every day since Tuesday. If I try to log in at peak hours (on Tuesday it was post-patch, yesterday and today it was after daily reset) I can’t connect. For what it’s worth, I’m also in the Chicago suburbs.

Considering I’m able to log in without issue during off-hours, it’s definitely a traffic thing.

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Bump, been having this issue every time there is a game update the last few days.

Tried to login like 12x now. Internet works great. Speed just keeps starting at only like 50 KBps and slowly drops to 0 and stays there. Its Anet servers.

Posted by: teklord.9241

teklord.9241

Day 3 in a row for connection problems with anet when they patch.

Chicago.

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Minneapolis. Had this issue earlier in the week. Last time when I waited the traffic eventually cleared and the update downloaded in seconds. Tonight I’m getting nothing. I was online just fine after work.

Somewhat glad it isn’t just me. Off to play a different game for the rest of the evening!

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

Posted by: Leonschiggen.1860

Leonschiggen.1860

Getting the same issue. Chicago as well.

Deathknight NA
twitch.tv/deznaito

Posted by: Dealta Vortex.7610

Dealta Vortex.7610

Same issue here, in Chicago. I tried changing my DNS, flushing my DNS, disabling everything but Windows functions, restarting router, restarting computer, running repair, all with the same result. I downloaded the game in its entirety overnight through pure luck(?) I’m seriously getting frustrated and I don’t want to download the game every time I want to play.

Posted by: Tom Trinity.1804

Tom Trinity.1804

This is getting to be very bad for me. On all three of the most recent updates, it has taken over two hours to download/install the updates before being able to play the game. 3 hours on the 13th, 2 hours on the 14th, and 2 hours and counting (been sitting at 23 files remaining, downloaded size crawling upward for about 45 minutes) on the 15th. Each time, I’ve had to monitor the progress, checking every few minutes until it finally got past the Initialization phase of the updates, and got to the Log In inputs and the red progress bar, at which point it seems I am no longer at risk of getting that error. I lost count how many times (over 20) I had to force close the gw2.exe application with my Windows task manager when it arrived at the red message “Connection Error(s) detected. Retrying…” from these three update downloads. There have been zero actual problems with my internet connection throughout. I tend to play almost every day, but watching a download fail or sit still does not count as fun gameplay to me. With 2 to 4 hours available to play games with in a day, a 2 hour frustratingly fail-ridden download is a horrible way to spend that time. Please address this issue.

I use Windows 7 Home Professional with 16GB RAM. I have started my downloads around 8:30pm-9:30pm EST each of the past three nights, and I live in Columbus, OH.

Posted by: saveena.9237

saveena.9237

I am still unable to patch and log. Is this a common problem. The error just says: Connection errors Detected Retrying, I let it sit and it doesn’t change from the error and I have to task manage to get the Client to close. Same for my other half. We check our router no issues. How long til we can play?

I’m a fighter, I will not give up, I may stumble and fall, but I WILL keep fighting.

Posted by: wolfie.2841

wolfie.2841

still the same. exactly like yesterday after the patch.

Posted by: Scion of Tyria.6189

Scion of Tyria.6189

Same issues – son, friend, and I each tried from Lafayette, Indiana, for last 3 nights. [During morning, afternoons loads and plays, but not a real world solution daily as I’m returning to workforce] Glad to see renewed interest, look forward to expansion, but hope company upgrades system to handle the traffic .. and I want to finish leveling, join in more fun soon!

Posted by: cloudlessdante.3826

cloudlessdante.3826

same problem here from williamsport indiana wont down load this patch and had the same problem with yesterdays patch

Posted by: Deathcreetin.7983

Deathcreetin.7983

Same here, I’m in Chicago and cannot get a connection My launcher just pauses at the start and freezes

Posted by: Ren.8765

Ren.8765

Same problem with today’s patch as I had with yesterday’s: client connection repeatedly drops (despite nothing else having connectivity issues), incredibly low Kbps rate often dropping to zero, then to the connection error message.

I had to restart the client something like 30 times after timing out on connection for it to even reach the progress bar stage of this. I don’t know if the traffic is really that bad or what but a small 25mb patch shouldn’t take hours to get through.

(Note: none of my friends I was playing with had this problem, same server, but I’m in Michigan)

Posted by: PapaLegba.2478

PapaLegba.2478

Sad enough I’m having the same issue. I live in South Michigan and right now I just can’t play. It starts the download and locks at less than 500kb. It’s really disapointing

Posted by: Arvid.2390

Arvid.2390

I’m having this issue since today 25-3-2015
i live in the Netherlands

Posted by: Manhy Crawley.4875

Manhy Crawley.4875

second time in 1 week /applaud for the broken game …..FIX my client pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee kitten connection error kitten

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

getting this error too

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

Posted by: Omarbhn.6741

Omarbhn.6741

Anet still shows no love for Chicago most updates I get this error

Posted by: bandgeekdp.9237

bandgeekdp.9237

I have this problem every patch. The internet works fine, other games patch, drivers update fine, videos stream okay. It’s definitely not the internet. I can’t even update when we get a patch. The download speed slows to 0KB/sec and the client freezes. The repair client doesn’t work either.

The only thing I’ve been able to do is end task and restart the client for sometimes several hours and it will eventually patch piece by piece. I rarely make it to the login page of the launcher. I get stuck at initiating page.

Posted by: Starfleck.8392

Starfleck.8392

I have this problem every patch….The download speed slows to 0KB/sec and the client freezes. The repair client doesn’t work either.

The only thing I’ve been able to do is end task and restart the client for sometimes several hours and it will eventually patch piece by piece. I rarely make it to the login page of the launcher. I get stuck at initiating page.

This describes my situation exactly, and living in Milwaukee it could be going through one of the same gateways as Chicago. Patching gradually slows down to a stall, but the internet works fine. Netflix is streaming on another comp in the house, forums work fine, etc.

I can only use Task Manager to end the torture and restart the client, hoping to get a few more inches of progress at a time, until at some random point it just jumps ahead at a normal rate of 180+KB/sec and continues for awhile.

We are such flecks as stars are made of. . .

Posted by: greiton.8476

greiton.8476

So I wonder what Chicago ever did to Anet cause yep this is the exact issue I’m facing. Downloads majority of the patch and bam connection error freezes up the client and even my whole computer the one time. Anyone find a solution? has this been happening more than 3 months? how long is it going to take to be able to play again when HOT comes out, days, weeks?

so much for running for beta keys tonight.

Posted by: bandgeekdp.9237

bandgeekdp.9237

This describes my situation exactly, and living in Milwaukee it could be going through one of the same gateways as Chicago.

You gave even more detail on the EXACT problem I’m facing. I live in west Michigan about 5 hours from Chicago.

Posted by: ThunderRonn.7615

ThunderRonn.7615

I am having the same issue as most everybody else. I click on the icon and it goes to the white screen with a download at 0kb and after a minute or two it says its having connection errors. I have been trying since last night. I do have comcast and I do live in the midwest. I have left the launcher going for hours and nothing. Please fix this soon. Last time this happened someone posted something that worked but I cannot remember what it was. I have a strong internet connection and have tried multiple websites with success.

Posted by: deviator.1804

deviator.1804

I live in Indiana and was having the same issue. I had a fix at the end of the target line in the short cut. \Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -assetsrv xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The ip I had must of changed. So to get the new ip, go to your command prompt and ping assetcmd.101.arenanetworks.com. Take that new ip and add it at the end of your target line.

This is what it was for me

\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -assetsrv 174.35.56.105