Connection Issues: July 11 and 12

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

EU is down. Anet, pls reward everyone in this thread with 400 gems)

Things like this happen in every MMO ever. I am sure it is as irritating for the devs, as much as it is for us, if not more, because they are actually hard at work at the moment to fix the issue, oppose to us, just sitting and waiting. Not sure why you feel entitled to any kind of compensation or “reward”, as you put it, but you are not. I work 7 days per week with only 1 day off and you dont hear me asking compensations, even tho the issue happened precisely in my day off, do you?

Please stop trying to make yourself such a special snowflake. Just sit and patiently wait the issue to get fixed like the rest of us in the game where you dont pay monthly subscribsions. Thank you.

Thank you for your opinion. I dont give a flying heck how much do you work, and I dont care how do you have 8 (7+1) days in a week. Not sure why do you want to teach someone to “behave”, but imo that doesnt correlate with “successful hardworking man” image you trying to create.
Also I dont know why are you talking about subscription. Do you really think I should thank Anet for non-sub status of the product I already bought? Seriously?

And I may be a snowflake, I may wait patiently, I may cry and yell, that is not your business, okay?

Thank you for confirming everything I said in my previous post. I gave a simple example how grown up adults SHOULD behave in that kind of situation on public forums like those oppose to crying and demanding free candies like little entitled childs, but I guess I expected you would miss this point entirely.

I am not trying to educate you in anything. It was your parents job to do that, one they failed entirely it seems, but oh well…. be entitled and cry up to the heavens for your free candies if you want, but expect someone to point that at you on a PUBLIC forum when your behavious gets even more irritating then the current issue we all experience with the game now.

Also I gave you the example with the subscribtion, because in most MMO’s you have those downtimes caused by bugs WAY more often on top of downtimes for maintance (those are up to 4hrs usually), while people pay their 15$+ every month on top of their initial purchase. So just be thankful Guild wars 2 isnt like that, go back to your little corner and wait the devs to do their job, mkay?

Also dont bother answering. Done wasting my breath with the likes of you, “friend”.

Posted by: Ruthenium Panther.8679

Ruthenium Panther.8679

[/quote]
Also dont bother answering. Done wasting my breath with the likes of you, “friend”.
[/quote]

Sure you wrote a kitten novel. You just assured me that 8 days of working/week isnt about you at all. I aslo managed to start the game, so go kittentalk somewhere else.

Posted by: iamZailo.4329

iamZailo.4329

Same here. im having Connection Error Detection. My internet is working fine

Posted by: Moktor.8647

Moktor.8647

EU is down. Anet, pls reward everyone in this thread with 400 gems)

I work 7 days per week with only 1 day off and you dont hear me asking compensations, even tho the issue happened precisely in my day off, do you?

hehe

Ruthenium Panther.8679

Gw2-64.exe -authsrv 206.127.146.73 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
this worked for me, EU

Posted by: worgen.5920

worgen.5920

Same here .When will it be fixed?

Posted by: Amhiel.6195

Amhiel.6195

Limited time outfit, but good luck connecting.
Love always
Anet

Ruthenium Panther.8679

Lol, outfit will be available for a week, they wont remove new item from gemstore till everyone buy it.

Moktor.8647

this worked for me, EU

This worked for me as well.

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I’m having this issue as well. It’s stuck at “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…” when I start up the launcher.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: ilykanus.1478

ilykanus.1478

gg geniuses fkt it up

Posted by: MonkyTales.2098

MonkyTales.2098

Count me in as well.

“Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Ive checked, everything on my pc works except gw2.

Thanks in advance for the fix!!

Posted by: Katiekaboom.1980

Katiekaboom.1980

Sam here…

For the last few hours. I thought .. well perhaps it is my net and it was late so I went to bed .. woke up… same error:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Connection-error-s-detected-retrying-115/first#post6643415

We’re aware of the issue and are looking into it.
I’ll update here as I get them.

Temp Workaround:
(This will not work for everyone)

As a temporary bypass add -assetsrv 64.25.41.2 to your Gw2 Shortcut in the Target Section (you will want to clear this out at a later date)

64.25.41.3, 64.25.41.4 may also work

ANET KNOWS and IS WORKING ON A SOLUTION!! YAY!

(Also what is Rain’s problem? We just saying it is still a problem. I have never had as much down time with any other game I have played as with GW2 but perhaps I am just lucky (I played 4 years of WoW as well). Wish the launcher would say when there is a known issue .. instead of having to search to see if it is just us or on Anet’s side…).

Attachments:

Is HOT up to your expectations or geared toward one type of player?
HOT is NOT for the Casual (My Sentiments exactly)

(edited by Katiekaboom.1980)

Moktor.8647

this worked for me, EU

Actually nevermind, won’t connect to login server even though it allowed me to patch.

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

I could connect only using the asset server 64.25.41.2, but the default authentication server, aka
“Gw2-64.exe -assetsrv 64.25.41.2”

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Oh good. I’m glad I’m not the only one getting it. I don’t mind suffering so long as I don’t have to suffer alone.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Booo Smoke.8374

Booo Smoke.8374

Still not working for me !!!!What is going on guy? I’ve spend the last 3 hours looking at my launcher with Connection Error detected. Retrying……

Posted by: bofd.7249

bofd.7249

use one of the US auth servers.. it will work..

Posted by: lianwe.7921

lianwe.7921

Same here in Denmark

Posted by: Frost.9206

Frost.9206

Solution for all.
Get outside you home and meet you friends spend few hours outside home and enjoy it, its summer already.
I know i will.
Cheers.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

.ailartsuA ni ereh emaS

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Zamora.1843

Zamora.1843

I got in after adding this to my shortcut: (North America only)

-authsrv 64.25.38.172 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

Posted by: Katiekaboom.1980

Katiekaboom.1980

Okay guys if you don’t know where to add that temp workaround here is an image to make it easier for you (Please don’t make fun of those who may not know):

(Also if you are not NA please read the original thread by Anet: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Connection-error-s-detected-retrying-115/first#post6643415 )

Attachments:

Is HOT up to your expectations or geared toward one type of player?
HOT is NOT for the Casual (My Sentiments exactly)

Posted by: Jen Tull.5867

Jen Tull.5867

Chris Cleary.8017:
Temp Workaround:
As a temporary bypass add -assetsrv 64.25.41.2 to your Gw2 Shortcut in the Target Section (you will want to clear this out at a later date)
64.25.41.3, 64.25.41.4 may also work

This worked for me after 2 hours of trying other methods.

EDIT: it allowed me to update but now I get an error that the game was unable to connect to the login server. Build: 79243 Error Code: 58:11:5:535

EDIT 2: I just changed my dns to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 – 8.8.4.4 and this has allowed me to login. Instructions found here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

Hey guys, I posted a fix on my Facebook (thanks to Reddit)

http://bit.ly/GW2ConErrorFix (redirect to my Facebook page)

If you can’t connect follow those steps to logging in, I posted exactly what the shortcut target should look like.

Quote below:
If you are experiencing this issue, read below…

ArenaNet are aware of this issue and there is an unreliable workaroud.

Add -authsrv ###.###.##.# -assetsrv 64.25.41.2 (look below for numbers) to your shortcut so it looks like this:

Target: “U:\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe” -authsrv ###.###.##.# -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

• -assetsrv is the same for both regions
  • -authsrv is the one you need to replace IP addresses with (read below)

~~ EU IP list: ~~

~~ NA IP list: ~~

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6mrwzh/connnections_errors_detected_problem/dk3xegz/

Credit to: AllMattersFecal (Reddit User) for his/her fix.

Direct quote:
“ChrisCleary – 3 hours ago*

Update 1: For those able to get in with the workaround, great. For those that are still unable to get in, we are actively troubleshooting the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Temp Workaround:

64.25.41.3, 64.25.41.4 may also work"

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Posted by: Eibon.2390

Eibon.2390

Same problem Here in Hungary. How long do it last my internet worcks. Cant find the problem… Arena?

Posted by: The Hand.7623

The Hand.7623

Wow, this seems to be just about everyone. I’ve already gone and removed all files for GW2, thinking re-downloading would solve my issues, wish I hadn’t

Rain.7543

(Also what is Rain’s problem? We just saying it is still a problem. I have never had as much down time with any other game I have played as with GW2 but perhaps I am just lucky (I played 4 years of WoW as well). Wish the launcher would say when there is a known issue .. instead of having to search to see if it is just us or on Anet’s side…).

My problem (problem is far-fetched, more like something that annoyed me, while browsing the topic) is that with each such issue I see people coming and starting to demand they get compensation from Anet. Its redicilous and thats not how the real world functions. Letting Anet knows about the issue is fine and good, demanding compensations from them for it is childish and self entitled attitude that wont get you anything, but pity.

My words were very strictly focused to one single person tho… not sure why you even put yourself into it, but there you go.
Your suggestion about the launcher is pretty good tho. Might be really nice QoL addition, if the devs decide to implement it.

Also hopefully they fix the issue permanently soon. While the workaround fixes it for some, people are still unable to do much in the game sadly, because the server is pretty much empty right now.

(edited by Rain.7543)

Posted by: Marielle.1905

Marielle.1905

Got problem aswell Europe server

Posted by: Yahlo.3514

Yahlo.3514

Feels bad, I just bought the game and I can’t even install it. That’s a disappointment. I don’t have a game.exe but I made a shortcut of the install and added -assetsrv 64.25.41.2, flushed dns, changed dns etc. No luck, just keeps saying connection error retrying.

Rain.7543

Feels bad, I just bought the game and I can’t even install it. That’s a disappointment. I don’t have a game.exe but I made a shortcut of the install and added -assetsrv 64.25.41.2, flushed dns, changed dns etc. No luck, just keeps saying connection error retrying.

Sorry to hear that. Thats indeed unfortunate, but I suggest give it some more time and install the game when the issue is fixed, so you have a nice clean install, without the current hiccups.

Welcome to the game and good luck. o/

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

game worked fine for me last night after patch, this morning.. however.. game won’t launch..
I tried to force myself into the game by -skipui in the pathway, but then you just get a dead pathway in your taskmanager

Posted by: gishalicious.3510

gishalicious.3510

Not that you need ANOTHER person saying ‘same here’, but I am getting the connection error message as well. Internet is fine, obviously or I wouldn’t be able to send this post. Tried some of the other fixes mentioned and nothing works for me atm… I played last night til almost reset, then haven’t been able to get in since 8am server time. Thanks ANET hope this info helps you fix the problem.

Posted by: lordofsorrow.9785

lordofsorrow.9785

Awesome, thanks a lot for step-by-step with pics (:

Okay guys if you don’t know where to add that temp workaround here is an image to make it easier for you (Please don’t make fun of those who may not know):

(Also if you are not NA please read the original thread by Anet: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Connection-error-s-detected-retrying-115/first#post6643415 )

Posted by: Xerath.1984

Xerath.1984

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Posted by: XELF.7182

XELF.7182

Sweden in EU reporting in !!! , Connection error here also.
Ill try later or tomorrow. Good luck to those that are in need of their “fix”
Hang in there baby!

Posted by: STRKON.4269

STRKON.4269

Getting this error message after update, please help 7/12/2017 at 6:50AM

Connection error(s) detected, Retrying

Posted by: Somnolentjack.3460

Somnolentjack.3460

authentication server? or did they break the 64bit client?

I uninstalled and tried reinstalling 32 and 64bit. Even the downloader wont connect for me. Oops.

Good job Anet. I come back to the game after a long break and this is what I’m met with. Sigh.

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

And I’m only three days from the Draconis Mons backpack. Uggh.

Posted by: frozennoob.6892

frozennoob.6892

I think mine is fix.. i put my gw2 client on for around 40+ minute.. its download a patch suddenly and fix it.. everytime we open it list "download xx / kbps " than it turn to connection error right? But i put my gw2 client on for a while.. its suddenly update a patch and now i’m in guys!! try it!

Posted by: LindaPearl.2308

LindaPearl.2308

i am getting the same thing..have to say happy others are having same problem so you know its not at your end but Anets.

Posted by: DemonzBane.9817

DemonzBane.9817

Yep, after that last update I’m getting a connection error and my internet is working fine. Any word on a resolution?

Posted by: KingPuki.1075

KingPuki.1075

Same here in EU cannot login getting the message: Connection errors detected retrying.

Anet aware of this?

Plants VS Zombies – Sylvari in Orr

Posted by: AcmeFunk.4287

AcmeFunk.4287

Same here, just connection error, but what happen?

Posted by: kalex.7396

kalex.7396

come on guys get it working today my boss is out i could be playing now.

Posted by: akenoyuki.8210

akenoyuki.8210

Same here, can’t connect since the newest update…
Can’t even use the “Send report to ArenaNet” button, it always return with “An error prevented your e-mail from being sent to ArenaNet!”

Is the server okay? been lagging too since few days ago

Hope it get fixed soon

- Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App -
* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

(edited by akenoyuki.8210)

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

Didn’t work for me.

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

Didn’t work for me.

You need to make sure you put both of them in – I included mine, I am from EU.

Are you getting an error or something? Post screenshots if possible so I can help you.

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Posted by: schrodingerscat.3872

schrodingerscat.3872

not to add heat to the fire unnecessarily but… thank goodness I found this post. At the very least we’re all stuck in the same situation together

Posted by: Yolanda Hardass.8045

Yolanda Hardass.8045

Sadly by now the hackers prolly know about the workaround and are DDoS’ing these too :-(