Consortium Sickle - slightly broken

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It animates like it ikittenting a mining node which means that without user intervention it takes 3 times as long to harvest a plant compared to any other sickle. 800 gems for an inferior product.

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

I’ve taken a few screenshots. Not the best but the animation bug can be seen.
http://imgur.com/a/7ggSM#0

Posted by: Moose.2356

Moose.2356

lol i saw it and was like ok i guess no dyes and dandilions have effectively made our toons kinda enraged and they are beating the plants up for their lunch money now

Posted by: Predator.1398

Predator.1398

Agreed. Very disappointing product.
ANet, please fix the animation!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Sigh .. i really waited for a sickle and axe .. but thats bad news

Here a video i just found :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgC2a6QsAA0

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

ok so, for farming 1 plant sample u swing the tool 3 times like with a mining pick

Thats BAD, must be a mistake.

Posted by: Nathriel.9718

Nathriel.9718

Its definitely a bug. If you look at the video, you can see that she grips the air, not the sickle when she “mines”. Which means that they didn’t designed the sickle for the mining animation. Hopefully it will be fixed in today’s patch.

Khisanth.2948

The patch has only made things worse. -_-
Now it you can no longer interrupt it. Once you start harvesting you can’t move or cancel the harvesting. Whereas previously you could press a movement key to cancel/get out of the animation.

It also takes two swing to harvest instead of harvesting on the first swing.

If you are in a sufficiently dangerous place and you didn’t notice the enemy around you might die from trying to harvest with this sickle.

Posted by: Captain Harlock.1568

Captain Harlock.1568

The patch has only made things worse. -_-
Now it you can no longer interrupt it. Once you start harvesting you can’t move or cancel the harvesting. Whereas previously you could press a movement key to cancel/get out of the animation.

It also takes two swing to harvest instead of harvesting on the first swing.

If you are in a sufficiently dangerous place and you didn’t notice the enemy around you might die from trying to harvest with this sickle.

Yes i just noticed this on southsun gathering passiflora. It now forces you to swing the sickle 3 times, and won’t collect till the second swing. Now it takes longer than using a normal harvesting sickle.
It’s bad enough people are complaining about the animation. They better fix this soon.

Edit. Also just noticed if you get a second harvest chance you must swing another 3 times… so it definitely broke with the patch.

(edited by Captain Harlock.1568)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

While the sickle harvests like a pick…. I actually really like the fact that you hit three times.
It is easily interrupted by using movement… but if you get a multiple harvest on a node (due to WvW bonuses) it is so much nicer to get multiple harvests with one push of ‘F’

Also…

I don’t know if this is related or not…. but everyone else’s characters (the player models of the other characters in the world) appear to be using a mining pick to cut down trees and harvest plants.

Attachments:

Posted by: CMEPTb.8091

CMEPTb.8091

Now that is an everlasting Macgyver harvesting tool I’d buy! I am glad the sickle is a bug — look forward to the update! <3

Khisanth.2948

While the sickle harvests like a pick…. I actually really like the fact that you hit three times.
It is easily interrupted by using movement… but if you get a multiple harvest on a node (due to WvW bonuses) it is so much nicer to get multiple harvests with one push of ‘F’

Sounds like you haven’t actually tried this since the patch. It can no longer be interrupted by anything. Not movement, not jumping, not escape. Maybe if a monster runs up to you and use a knockback/knockdown/launch/stun/daze.

I would have to double check but I am pretty sure you STILL have to press F multiple times when you get multiple uses due to WvW.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Sounds like you haven’t actually tried this since the patch. It can no longer be interrupted by anything. Not movement, not jumping, not escape. Maybe if a monster runs up to you and use a knockback/knockdown/launch/stun/daze.

I would have to double check but I am pretty sure you STILL have to press F multiple times when you get multiple uses due to WvW.

yeah you are right… after the update…. the sickle seems even more broken.