Constant lag and inconvenient Disconnects...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

Server: Kaineng

Disconnects during dungeons, mining ore nodes, and during combat, when my skills are about to cast, the world seems to freeze for a second or 3 before it dumps me out to character selection. Also happened in fractals, leaving me dead in Lion’s Arch when reconnection occurs. Occasionally shows me as Offline on reconnect, forcing a relog anyways to resync with guild panel.

Attachments:

Posted by: fallconn.6480

fallconn.6480

Not sure if this is related but I made some router changes and haven’t disconnected since.

I use ATT Uverse at the house and they provide a 2wire modem/router. I wanted to host my own murmur server so I put the 2wire router in DMZPlus mode pointing to my own internal Linksys router and then opened the ports I needed on the linksys for mumble. Immediately we started noticing disconnects about 1-5 times an hour. After checking everything I knew to check, I decided to switch back to a double NAT setup and, viola, no disconnects. It is not exactly the configuration I wanted but it certainly helped out with the disconnects.

This might not apply to everyone but there might be some of you running that config.

Posted by: ssLNM.1569

ssLNM.1569

server: sos
lag spikes every couple mins. freeze(i still can move, but everyone else was like keep running into the wall)

Posted by: Raul.5819

Raul.5819

I too have been experiencing constant lag and abrupt disconnects on the Eredon Terrace Server in America. My player will be disconnected from server every 30 seconds also suffer from lag, it would be great if that could be fixed.

Posted by: Reborn.9862

Reborn.9862

Sea of sorrows no lag but been disconnected.

Posted by: slumberlust.9105

slumberlust.9105

I’ve recently been receiving severe lag in certain regions. Teq fight being one of them. I’ve done the fight a few dozen times over the short course of my GW2 experience, and they’ve all been fine. As of yesterday, I completely lag out of them. FPS is solid, but spells cast slowly, and eventually everyone just keeps running in the same direction (appears to be latency issues).

I’ve also noticed that the auction house now loads very slowly as well. What used to be .5 seconds to pull an item’s worth, now sometimes takes 2-3 seconds, and might even error out.

Verizion, 100/100 in Boston if the region/connection/isp helps at all.

Radeon 7950 & The following specs:
Time of this report: 2/17/2015, 19:19:19
Machine name: SLUMBERLUST
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150113-1808)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/29/11 20:42:35 Ver: 04.06.04
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8104MB RAM
Page File: 5270MB used, 10934MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode