Content Guide pointing to false event markers

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mackanstein.2503

Mackanstein.2503

When trying to do the daily “X event completer”, certain maps have an awful lot of Nearby Event markers that can only be seen with the Content Guide on and point at nothing. They’re like phantom markers or something. One map that is particularly bad is Dredgehaunt Cliffs.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Part of the LS.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not a bug.

If you acquire the item from the new content added with the latest patch, you can interact with these event markers and complete the Daily Event Completion lickety-split. =)

Good luck.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I would say it’s a bug, or a badly designed stuff. I believe the new content thing should be marked differently then if it’s to stay visible all time. The way it is now disrupts Content Guide and makes the icon misleading. That orange circle always meant like “event going on right now” (stressing right now) and then using it to mark an event “yet to happen” or “going to happen soon” is kind of misleading. It makes the Content Guide nearly useless when seeking for any other event as it stubbornly will point to these “ghost” events instead.

Oh also I don’t think it’s meant to be part of the new LS because it’s only visible with Content Guide enabled or when too close to the area, and there is not any note or instruction telling that enabling Content Guide was required to do the new content. So, it sounds like a bug.

Actually, the exact same thing happens in other maps even not related to the new LS, like Divinity’s Reach. It keeps showing event markers where literally nothing is happening.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Considering using the associated content item completes the ‘event’ and counts toward map event progress, these events are like any other. Failing to turn the Content Guide on won’t show you other events on the map, either, unless you are close enough to trigger them.

Rifts appear in Cities, as well as other maps. There is, however, a left-over event marker in Divinity’s Reach, as well as in Black Citadel from previous Festivals. Those have been there, and shown up, for ages.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Considering using the associated content item completes the ‘event’ and counts toward map event progress, these events are like any other. Failing to turn the Content Guide on won’t show you other events on the map, either, unless you are close enough to trigger them.

Except these are not active events. The closest equivalent would be events that requires talking to an NPC to start or interacting with an object like the troll event in Queensdale. Those do not show the markers until activated.

shadow.6174

Rifts appear in Cities, as well as other maps. There is, however, a left-over event marker in Divinity’s Reach, as well as in Black Citadel from previous Festivals. Those have been there, and shown up, for ages.

Content Guide was used to show events way over across the map (like showing events at very east while standing at very west) as long there wasn’t any closer between. Several times I had been able to track events on whole map by just standing at the center or corners of the map.

But due these rift events that feature got near useless as it almost always will point to a “ghost” event as it would be the one closer (I said “almost” because to me there was 4 or 5 times in a row I was “fooled” by these ghost events while trying to do dailies. Frustrating to say at least).

Still, those orange circle marks always meant “ongoing events” then showing it for non-active or “yet to happen” event is a bug or a poorly designed “feature” (sounds like “oh we need a mark for these events. We could reuse one of the in-game marks instead making a new one”).

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Why don’t you use the events for the Dailies? It’s a fantastic way to very quickly finish your Daily Map Event completion. They are no different than the orange event markers over NPCs that aren’t active until you interact with them. They award Karma, XP, and Gold as far as I can tell. They count toward Map Rewards.

They are just more events in a map.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Other issues aside because I am not going to clutter my inventory on every character with that device.

shadow.6174

Why don’t you use the events for the Dailies? It’s a fantastic way to very quickly finish your Daily Map Event completion. They are no different than the orange event markers over NPCs that aren’t active until you interact with them. They award Karma, XP, and Gold as far as I can tell. They count toward Map Rewards.

They are just more events in a map.

Ah btw, when I mentioned about having troubles while doing events for dailies it was “before” I got that device, then I was like “huh? wth?” and it’s what seems to be causing confusion, people have no idea why that until they grab the device.