Content guide is causing dropped frames

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

The content guide that is normally in the upper right hand corner of the screen is causing “jolting” lag for everyone every few steps (especially in very full maps). Turning off your content guide completely in the general options will fix this.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I have never had any issues with Content Guide causing that and I can’t imagine how it could happen. There are a lot of other screen items that could mostly cause that with blinks and stuff. What does tell you that it’s the Content Guide causing issues? Also, what option did you set it to?

circuitnerd.5863

I have never had any issues with Content Guide causing that and I can’t imagine how it could happen. There are a lot of other screen items that could mostly cause that with blinks and stuff. What does tell you that it’s the Content Guide causing issues? Also, what option did you set it to?

Turning the content guide to “off” fixes it. For many players this resolves their problem. Why this option is bugged and causing visual problems, I don’t know. The lag affects the entire UI as well. You can open up your map and you’ll see it gets stuck then resumes every half second.

Certified Gameaholic

shadow.6174

Turning the content guide to “off” fixes it. For many players this resolves their problem. Why this option is bugged and causing visual problems, I don’t know. The lag affects the entire UI as well. You can open up your map and you’ll see it gets stuck then resumes every half second.

Yup I got it. But what I meant is I can’t see how it could cause troubles because, if I recall right, the only “fancy” thing it does is scrolling sideways when it changes, no blinking and stuff (that’s know to cause FPS drops, like particles). I have had no issues with it, or it was too low that I couldn’t realize anything.

Does it matter what item you set it to, like Disable Personal Story, etc? Or does it happen with any option other than Off?

Also, if you don’t mind, what are your specs? It helps to troubleshoot things.

Posted by: GrizzledLone.3954

GrizzledLone.3954

I can confirm that the content guide is clearly dropping frames ( for me that was 9 fps) and in my case was the reason for micro stuttering on certain maps (mostly HoT content).
I have also no idea why this is the case but i did try different settings and the only one solving this problem is setting it to “off”, all other options didn’t change anything at all.

I hope this will get a fix soon ’cause i somehow liked this feature.

circuitnerd.5863

Yup I got it. But what I meant is I can’t see how it could cause troubles because, if I recall right, the only “fancy” thing it does is scrolling sideways when it changes, no blinking and stuff (that’s know to cause FPS drops, like particles). I have had no issues with it, or it was too low that I couldn’t realize anything.

Does it matter what item you set it to, like Disable Personal Story, etc? Or does it happen with any option other than Off?

Also, if you don’t mind, what are your specs? It helps to troubleshoot things.

Off is the only one that works. My computer specs? Sure. Listed below.

i7-4790 @ 4ghz
16 gb ram @ 1600mhz
gtx 770
240 gb ssd
144 hz asus monitor

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I can confirm this. Silverwastes never gave me too much issue, but lately I was having a rythmic chopping where it would lag every three or so seconds. Asked in a TML silverwastes map and someone suggested it, it was a night and day difference.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

shadow.6174

GENERAL

• Fixed an issue in which the content guide caused periodic frame hitches for some players while in a squad.

Posted by: shizuma.3795

shizuma.3795

I’m currently in Southsun Cove and have this issue. I’m doing a jumping puzzle and the FPS drop every time when I’m at a specific place (it looks like so).
Turning off the content guide doesn’t solve this for me.

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Is that why my game is randomly freezing as if it’s loading stuff every now and then? It has never done that before.