Contested Waypoints in Straits of Devestation

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: unum.6209

unum.6209

What is up with the contested waypoints in Straits of Devestation? When I was leveling my Ranger pretty much all waypoints was contested when I was doing the personal story in that zone. This was 6-8 weeks ago.

Now I’m in the same situation with my Thief, doing the personal story in Straits and also trying to get map completion – and again, most waypoints are contested. As I’m writing this Sentry, Glorious Victory, Xenarious, Waywarde, Conquest Marina, Lone Post, Broken Spit, Royal Forum and Thunderhead waypoints are all contested and have been for days!

Checking some of the GW2 forums this has been going on for months. I don’t know if this qualify as a bug or not but it can hardly be working as intended.

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Unlike most areas in GW2, the “territories” of ORR are enemy-controlled. As such, the “usual” status for waypoints is to be contested, EXCEPT when Pact forces have achieved an event victory in the area. There are only 3-4 waypoints within ORR that have a constant PACT presence to keep them “open and available”.

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

The real people of GW2 have been nerfed out of this area. There is no reason for any player to go there, thats why they are contested 24/7.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Players need to clear the waypoints, but players never do most of the events in this zone. It’s not a bug, just poor game design. The game needs to give players a reason play here.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Well, it still has “Skill Challenges”, Waypoints, POI’s that need to be “found”. Unfortunately, MOST of them are “group events” that REALLY can’t be done solo——a skill challenge that requires “killing” (3) separate Veteran/Champion foes is a joke——-unless you’ve got a big enough group to overwhelm all of them at once! And, throughout this area, the recycle rate for Risen foes is abominably quick——given their inherent level—————-I mean L-80 Risen Chickens? Can we possibly impose some degree of “reality” here