Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic voice won't play

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Starfyre.5743

Starfyre.5743

I noticed that after this recent patch my “Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic” is not making sounds, and my bow which is using the “Slingshot” skin is not making the phut phut noise associated with said skin. Anyone else noticing any sound bugs?

Star

Posted by: Sir Ulrich The Wise.1597

Sir Ulrich The Wise.1597

I noticed a few bugs/changes with the audio since feature patch on 9/9/14.

1) Copper-fed seems to start the audio clips, but stops almost immediately.
2) The intercom voice-over during CoE (path 3, if it matters) was behaving similarly or not starting at all.

The biggest change i noticed was in the options… “Audio device:” dropdown only lists “Default Device” now, whereas it used to list speakers and headset I had connected. Furthermore, changing my default device via Windows and restarting the client does NOT seem to be changing the playback device for game audio, although it does for my other programs as usual. I hope there is a fix in the works, because this is highly inconvenient if I have to re-log into Windows or worse yet, restart my computer just to change audio sources for the game, whereas before the feature pack, I could do it freely from within the game with no issue.

It’s a loss of feature at the moment for no apparent reason from the user’s end, and makes it difficult to enjoy the game via my speakers when I’m not utilizing Voip.

Posted by: Infiniafication.2394

Infiniafication.2394

I use the Slingshot too and I want my old sound back!

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

My Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic has that problem. For a split second the audio starts but suddenly stops.

I did notice something else though. My gem store infinite use bone pick mining tool seems to either have brand new audio when mining a node or the audio is much more noticeable now. It isn’t too loud and I do like it though.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Yam.2891

Yam.2891

Slingshot sound or riot!

The Lad Guy – aka Mustache Pete
[Trillmatic][SPCA][xmas]

Posted by: Richie.1820

Richie.1820

I noticed that on my Copper-Fed-Salvage-o-Matic too. It’s totally silent or the audio starts and stops almost immediately. Hopefully it’ll get fixed soon.

Starfyre.5743

Maaaaaan I want my Slingshot sound back, this normal poopy bow sound sucks.

Star

Starfyre.5743

Still no fix on these broken sounds…

Star

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I noticed the audio bug with the CFSoM too.

Starfyre.5743

Grrr, like 4 mini hotfix updates and still these sounds have not been fixed.

Star

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Yes, the pirate in Sharksmaw Cavern in LA doesn’t talk now, either. And I don’t hear any buzz from the wasps’ nests in Bettletun. But let’s be real, we need to be patient – those are annoying, but they’re hardly breaking the game. This soon after the patch, the dev’s will be chasing much more critical bugs than a few missing sound effects. The best thing we can do is to try and collect a few more examples, so they have the best chance of working out what’s gone wrong.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Yes, the pirate in Sharksmaw Cavern in LA doesn’t talk now, either. And I don’t hear any buzz from the wasps’ nests in Bettletun. But let’s be real, we need to be patient – those are annoying, but they’re hardly breaking the game. This soon after the patch, the dev’s will be chasing much more critical bugs than a few missing sound effects. The best thing we can do is to try and collect a few more examples, so they have the best chance of working out what’s gone wrong.

EDIT – I rechecked, and the sound is back (or maybe wasn’t completely gone before) on the Chainsaw the Skeleton mini, but is almost inaudible. Same with the mini Wasp.

(edited by Thelgar.7214)

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

Bug is still there.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

It’s not just the Copper Fed.

I’m noticing a lot of NPC dialogue cutting off early on.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Just did “Romke’s Final Voyage”, and the first cut-scene dialogue was completely silent.