Copper Node In A Tree

Copper Node In A Tree

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Issue: Copper mining node in a tall tree
Where: In Caledon Forest > Wychmire Swamp > Twilight Arbor Waypoint

Right at the Twilight Arbor Waypoint there is a copper node up in a tree. I don’t know if this was intentionally put there or was a glitch or something but I managed to jump up the tree limbs to get it. Afterward I had the thought of what if it was “Bot Bait” and I had managed to get up to it to mine it. If this is bot bait and I am tagged for botting or something then I can show you how I got up to it over and over to show I got it and was not botting.

I just wanted to mention this on here in case something happens :\ If it was Bot Bait then it might be a good idea to place it somewhere with absolutely no chance of a curious, tenacious, non-botting player to manage to get at it.

EDIT:
Over 2 years and 9 months later, this node is still stuck up in that tree as shown by others reporting it.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Copper Node In A Tree

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I noticed this as well, but I couldn’t find a way to the node. Granted I didn’t spend a whole lot of time on it, after all it was just copper.

But I thought I’d add that this was on Tarnished Coast server, not sure if ore nodes are server specific or not.

Copper Node In A Tree

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Yak’s Bend also had this. Funny, but I noticed it way back around launch and actually bugged it as a problem as I found a lot of harvesting nodes just not reachable for one reason or another…but forgot about it after I reported it.

Interesting that it is still hanging around. lol

Copper Node In A Tree

Posted by: Barinthus.8347

Barinthus.8347

It’s still there and it’s driving me nuts trying to get to it!

EDIT: I saw a warrior mining the node and he said he had to use savage leap. If it is only reachable by certain profession skills, it’s still a bug.

Seeking Deaf Players. People who don’t use voice software welcome too!

(edited by Barinthus.8347)

Copper Node In A Tree

Posted by: MelonMaster.3506

MelonMaster.3506

I just saw it myself and found this topic to see how to reach it. Really depressed to hear its a bug that’s been around for a few years. Is this left here just to see how many people will try for it until they give up? ;( I spent over 20 minutes before I gave up and came here.

Copper Node In A Tree

Posted by: Barinthus.8347

Barinthus.8347

It’d be great if Anet could at least confirm it’s a bug or there’s a legitimate way to get there and we are just too much of a noob to figure it out.

Seeking Deaf Players. People who don’t use voice software welcome too!