Corpses "sparkling" but can't be looted

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Malchor’s Leap (Borlis Pass) – Traveling from the passageway entrance on the left side of the Cathedral of Zephyrs, along the path up to the “Sculptor’s End” Point of Interest. I killed two Risen Eagles along the way that sparkled to indicate they had loot. But I never got the “[F] Search” prompt even when standing right on top of them. I will update if this happens with other monsters and/or in other areas. For now, just Risen Eagles in this particular area.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Sometimes you have to step back from it, this happens mostly when the enemy seems to die under the map itself, rather than lying on the ground, if you walk around the area it should pop up, you see this issue a lot across Orr itself.

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

press F whether you see the prompt or not, and you will loot the corpes and the sparkles disappear

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Nope … I have tried positioning myself all around the vicinity of the corpses. No F prompt, although I DO press F and nothing happens. The sparkles remain, taunting me.

Update: this seems to be only Risen Eagles. I exited the game and came back after an hour or so. I have had three more Risen Eagles do this to me since, also in Malchor’s Leap, but this time while assaulting the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance. Not ALL Eagles. Some are okay. But many that sparkle do no allow you to pick up the spoils.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

I’ve had the same thing, but it was the same as Ok’s suggestion. Sometimes I have had to walk a lot further away/higher/lower than I should have done, but I have always managed to find it somewhere nearby in the end. Needs a fix yes, but it -should- be there somewhere.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Lately the game seems to not show the interact popup even when you can in fact do so from time to time. Yet to figure out the exact conditions for it to happen tho.