Crafting Ingredients Broken

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Slazher.3094

Slazher.3094

Today I logged in and decided I’d clear out some of the extra cooking ingredients I had by crafting up new recipes and burning through them. Unfortunately, after I had created a couple new ingredients (not meals), I noticed they weren’t showing up in the discovery menu. I hadn’t had or used these ingredients before, so I thought there was something wrong.

I looked around my cooking menu to see if I had overlooked something, and the ingredient was there. It said I had one of the item, like I thought I should, but when I went to my inventory, all it said about the new item was what is shown in the attached image.

From what the wiki says, it should say it’s a cooking crafting material requiring level 400.

If for some reason it matters, I also added my own custom music right before doing this.

I have since done a -repair on the game client and it didn’t fix anything.

I have also deleted one of the bugged ingredients out from my inventory, and remade it with the same problem.

The items cannot be sold or put up for auction.

Attachments:

(edited by Slazher.3094)

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

IDK if you were having trouble with any others, but that one, plus things like garlic butter sauce are discovered, then used to craft something that requires a recipe sheet from the frost and flame dungeon.
Editing for clarity, the items this is used for are Plate of Spicy Herbed Chicken and Bowl of Zesty Turnip Soup, both of which need recipe sheets to make.

Slazher.3094

It’s not just that, it’s the fact that I can’t do anything with the pieces other than destroy them, and the fact that it doesn’t say I can even use it as a cooking material.

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

Can’t be sold might be intentional, but desc’ not stating it’s a cooking mat should be just a text error.
You can use it to craft the foods Emberfoot mentioned if you have the recipes. If not, well buy one from the TP. The recipes dropped every MF run so they shouldn’t be too pricey.

Posted by: Balidyn.5016

Balidyn.5016

I have a similar issue with crafting ingredients. not all the crafting items are showing up when I bring up the discovery tab. for example, my gobs of ecto doesn’t show up, though I have several in my stash

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I have a similar issue with crafting ingredients. not all the crafting items are showing up when I bring up the discovery tab. for example, my gobs of ecto doesn’t show up, though I have several in my stash

You are trying to cook ectos? O_o

Slazher.3094

Emberfoot and PCanineBrigade were correct. I had created three different materials in a row, all of which needed recipes to do anything. The fact that the item doesn’t say cooking crafting material might be a text error, or just the devs being super mysterious. Either way, I was able work with them and make some delicious frostforge clams after buying the recipe.

Thanks for all the help everybody, sorry for wasting your time.

Also, I think I should at least be able to get like 4 copper for a level 400 crafting material, but that’s just me making excuses.