Crafting: Items disappear from the discovery panel.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Zilla.6495

Zilla.6495

I am also having this issue with multiple cooking recipes and I know the recipes are of the right level and I have yet to make the discovery. I think ssues like this are very low on the list of issues as I have submitted a few bug reports and haven’t received a response. Maybe if everyone submitted a bug report they may make it a little more of a priority.

Posted by: galeigh.5721

galeigh.5721

This is not a necro, the issue is still in place, I am not seeing several ingrediants in the discovery panel for cooking, such as piles of tangy seasoning or Starch.

Posted by: Mnemoscat.9803

Mnemoscat.9803

I’ve been having this problem with my cooking as well. Still an issue.

Posted by: Wolf.4793

Wolf.4793

this is still an issue it seems….i noticed this early on whit leather working that my bolts of jute dissappeared from the discovery panel and i know i still had like 10-13 things left to discover whit them. this was around at level 20-25 of leatherworking when i noticed this. atleast now i know its a bug and not intensional.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

this is still an issue it seems….i noticed this early on whit leather working that my bolts of jute dissappeared from the discovery panel and i know i still had like 10-13 things left to discover whit them. this was around at level 20-25 of leatherworking when i noticed this. atleast now i know its a bug and not intensional.

I see exactly one thing that a leatherworker can discover with Bolt of Jute which is the Rune of Life. What other 10 things do you think is discoverable?

Posted by: SQLOwns.7316

SQLOwns.7316

Still not fixed…………….happening to me now.. so much for leveling my crafting……thanks anet…..game is .. its not even funny, really kind of unethical.

SQL Owns – Elementalist
Dragon Steel [DSL]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

well, im trying to craft my celestial gear for my ele, and the celestial insignia isn’t showing up in the discovery tab…….. seriously anet? over a year and no fix? how about a courteous reply so we know that its being worked on, or maybe just tell us to bad so we can stop playing… ive been working for a month to get my cele insignias and when i try to craft them i get boned… thanks Anet… you sure know who to ruin someone gaming experience.

You don’t discover Celestial insignias. They were a drop during the Zephyr living story and now you buy them from the Trading Post. http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/Celestial%20?recipes=

If you had checked wiki you would see them described as recipes and below that it tells the initial source. For example: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Celestial_Intricate_Gossamer_Insignia

In the future, if you can’t find something don’t immediately assume it’s a bug and post an angry thread blaming ANet. Wiki it or ask in the flame or forum first.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: DonFoe.9604

DonFoe.9604

well, im trying to craft my celestial gear for my ele, and the celestial insignia isn’t showing up in the discovery tab…….. seriously anet? over a year and no fix? how about a courteous reply so we know that its being worked on, or maybe just tell us to bad so we can stop playing… ive been working for a month to get my cele insignias and when i try to craft them i get boned… thanks Anet… you sure know who to ruin someone gaming experience.

You don’t discover Celestial insignias. They were a drop during the Zephyr living story and now you buy them from the Trading Post. http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/Celestial%20?recipes=

If you had checked wiki you would see them described as recipes and below that it tells the initial source. For example: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Celestial_Intricate_Gossamer_Insignia

wow, that is all i can say. i know you dont discover the insignias. you discover the gear with (using a chest piece as example) Gossamer Insignia + gossamer coat lining + gossamer coat panel. my problem is where the INSIGNIA is not showing up in the discover tab. coat panel and lining shows up, but when i need to put the INSIGNIA into the discovery tab with the other components, its not there.

Astral Projections.7320

wow, that is all i can say. i know you dont discover the insignias. you discover the gear with (using a chest piece as example) Gossamer Insignia + gossamer coat lining + gossamer coat panel. my problem is where the INSIGNIA is not showing up in the discover tab. coat panel and lining shows up, but when i need to put the INSIGNIA into the discovery tab with the other components, its not there.

You don’t discover the items, you buy the recipe. For example, I got as drops Celestial Exalted Masque and Celestial Exalted Coat.

For the Masque I need to make a Celestial insignia, a helm padding and a helm strap. However I don’t discover the Masque because I got the recipe for the Masque already as a drop. In your case if you wanted to make the Masque you will have to buy the recipe from the trading post and then use the regular crafting, not discover crafting.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

DonFoe.9604

You don’t discover the items, you buy the recipe. For example, I got as drops Celestial Exalted Masque and Celestial Exalted Coat.

For the Masque I need to make a Celestial insignia, a helm padding and a helm strap. However I don’t discover them because I got the recipe for the Masque already as a drop. In your case you if you wanted to make the Masque you will have to buy the recipe from the trading post and then use the regular crafting, not discover crafting.

wiki doesn’t say anything about buying a recipe for the gear. only for the insignia. they changed the crafting model for cele gear?
also, i stand fully corrected. i was under the assumption that you crafted the gear just like the rest of the gear in the game. i apologize to Anet for my rude tone, and anyone else who may have read it, and thank you to astral projections for helping threw this aggravating time.

(edited by DonFoe.9604)

Astral Projections.7320

Wiki sort of says, but in a round about way. If you check a particular item you want to make it will say either discovery or recipe. If it’s a recipe you have to buy it from someone. Either an NPC or the trading post.

For example:
Onion Ring
Source Discovery Type Snack Output qty. 1 Discipline Chef

Recipe: Celestial Exalted Masque
Item type Consumable Rarity Exotic Req. level (400)

In this case, you buy the recipe and then “consume” it by double clicking on it.
The wiki is put together by regular players, not by ANet. It’s only as good as the people who make it.

DonFoe.9604

Wiki sort of says, but in a round about way. If you check a particular item you want to make it will say either discovery or recipe. If it’s a recipe you have to buy it from someone. Either an NPC or the trading post.

For example:
Onion Ring
Source Discovery Type Snack Output qty. 1 Discipline Chef

Recipe: Celestial Exalted Masque
Item type Consumable Rarity Exotic Req. level (400)

In this case, you buy the recipe and then “consume” it by double clicking on it.
The wiki is put together by regular players, not by ANet. It’s only as good as the people who make it.

bleh, im just glad i understand it now. ive been looking all morning on how to make it, and would still be clueless if it wasnt for you. thanks again for the help.

Posted by: savvy.2805

savvy.2805

I am having this same problem currently with the huntsman crafting line. I created a malign, mighty and vital inscription in order to unlock the three variants of the green wood harpoon gun. I also 3 green wood rifle stocks and 3 green harpoons. I have sufficient crafting level to make these (104) and have already made the same variants of each of the others huntsman weapons (eg pistol, rifle, bows, warhorn, torch).

I do not have the recipes for the three harpoon guns appearing in my production tab so I have not already unlocked these recipes. I do however have harpoon recipes displayed for healing, precise and resilient inscriptions. When I go into the discovery panel, the 3 harpoons and rifle stocks are available on the left hand side to create recipes, however the three different inscriptions I made are not appearing at all (not even in red). They just simply aren’t there. They are most definitely in my inventory.

I have tried putting the inscriptions in my bank and taking them back out again. I have also tried restarting my game and trying the crafting from both Lions Arch and Claypool. So far nothing has worked so will be submitting a ticket.

Khisanth.2948

I am having this same problem currently with the huntsman crafting line. I created a malign, mighty and vital inscription in order to unlock the three variants of the green wood harpoon gun. I also 3 green wood rifle stocks and 3 green harpoons. I have sufficient crafting level to make these (104) and have already made the same variants of each of the others huntsman weapons (eg pistol, rifle, bows, warhorn, torch).

I do not have the recipes for the three harpoon guns appearing in my production tab so I have not already unlocked these recipes. I do however have harpoon recipes displayed for healing, precise and resilient inscriptions. When I go into the discovery panel, the 3 harpoons and rifle stocks are available on the left hand side to create recipes, however the three different inscriptions I made are not appearing at all (not even in red). They just simply aren’t there. They are most definitely in my inventory.

I have tried putting the inscriptions in my bank and taking them back out again. I have also tried restarting my game and trying the crafting from both Lions Arch and Claypool. So far nothing has worked so will be submitting a ticket.

Someone else reported a similar thing for tridents. That looks like a completely unrelated issue.

Posted by: Hirodina.3216

Hirodina.3216

“That looks like a completely unrelated issue.” WHAT? Did you even read what op posted?

By the way I have the same issue. I planned on describing it in detail but “savvy.2805” did the job.
In short. I’m lvl 100+ on artificer. I want to make for ex. "Mighty Green Wood Trident " which requires 3 things:
1 Bronze Trident Head
1 Green Trident Shaft
1 Mighty Green Inscription
I have all those things in my inventory. In production tab I have only 4 tridents discovered – simple one, healing, resilient and healing master.
I DID NOT YET DISCOVER “Mighty Green Wood Trident”.
I switch to discovery tab and i combine head with shaft. After choosing yet the first part, the inscription grayes out so I can’t add it. Even if I add it anyway it says no recipes. After lot of testing things changed a lot and now I can’t even see this inscription or vital one in discovery tab, even though I CLEARLY haven’t discovered recipes which need those inscriptions. For ex. I see vital one but it grayes out and mighty one isn’t visible at all.
I tried following:
1) reloging
2) moving mats to bank
3) adding mats directly from starter pack
4) leveling on next tier
nothing of above helped.

First of all it sayed on trident basic component combinations that there is only 1 recipe left to discover..then after leveling more I guess (?) it says 6 recipes but I still cannot add absolutely basic inscriptions.
I wanted to add screenshots but it’s too much work for now. I was playing with this bug for few hours to make sure it’s a bug at all.
I thought I am doing something wrong or September (non)feature pack changed those recipes so they can’t be discovered but you need recipe sheet). It’s not caused by September featured pack as of other recipes of this tier still can be discoverable and there is not a word in changelog nor wiki.
I’ve send bug report. I hoped someone found client-side fix but it seems this needs to be fixed by developers. I state again that I am sure that I haven’t discovered recipe yet, that I have all materials etc. It’s not wrong on my side and I made sure of that.
What might fix this issue is creating new character but it took me a lot of time to build this one so that’s really not acceptable fix (which may not even work)
Other explanation that came to my mind is… you can only discover level relevant items and you can’t discover low level items you missed before but not likely as I am able to discover other low level items and you can’t manage to discover all, before reaching next tier.

I hope developers at least read this forum. I’d like their response and their acknowledgement of this issue.

TL:DR
THIS IS CRITICAL BUG (still not fixed 2.10.2014), PLEASE FIX IT

Posted by: jship.2785

jship.2785

Bump. This is still an issue that is occurring. I’m unable to discover recipes because of ingredients not showing up in the discovery pane. This issue has been around for two years now, it shouldn’t be a surprise by now.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can’t craft items that can not be used by low level characters. If no character can equip the item at the level required, then it can no longer be crafted. Such as some Tridents, etc.

And, of course, being part and parcel with the introduction of the NPE, it hasn’t been around for 2 years.

Good luck.

Posted by: Cenwulf.7894

Cenwulf.7894

I just discovered that I have this problem with my level 400 jeweler. I went to craft an Exquisite Ruby Jewel, but my Ruby Orbs are not showing up. Neither is my Incandescent Dust and many other materials as well.

You can see in the image that the items are in my inventory, but not in the discovery screen. Am I missing something, or is this a true bug?

Attachments:

Khisanth.2948

I just discovered that I have this problem with my level 400 jeweler. I went to craft an Exquisite Ruby Jewel, but my Ruby Orbs are not showing up. Neither is my Incandescent Dust and many other materials as well.

You can see in the image that the items are in my inventory, but not in the discovery screen. Am I missing something, or is this a true bug?

Not a bug http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Exquisite_Ruby_Jewel

Posted by: Cenwulf.7894

Cenwulf.7894

Well, color me embarrassed!

Thank you Khisanth, for pointing me in the right direction.

Posted by: Fireheart.5629

Fireheart.5629

I want to craft Mighty Green Wood Trident as described on this page: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Green_Wood_Trident but the Discovery panel refuses to show my Mighty Green Inscriptions.

Khisanth.2948

I want to craft Mighty Green Wood Trident as described on this page: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Green_Wood_Trident but the Discovery panel refuses to show my Mighty Green Inscriptions.

You can no longer discover those because of NPE changes.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

You can no longer discover those because of NPE changes.

Yay, **** NPE strikes again :P