[Crafting UI] Ingredients cannot be inspected

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

A bug has surfaced which prevents certain base ingredients from being viewed via the new ‘View Recipe’ button. This isn’t happening for everyone, or even every discipline. So far the only affected account known is mine ( boo :[ ) and only on armorsmithing recipes. Any casing or lining recipe below deldrimor cannot be inspecting when viewing those ingredients from another recipe.

Does anyone else have this issue presenting on their character?
If so, what crafting disciplines do you have on your character?
How long ago did you install GW2?

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Hi Evan, I seem to have this issue as well on my guardian. I have armorsmithing and weaponsmithing on him, but only armorsmithing is affected. I installed GW2 on 4/9/14 after my old hard drive died but my character was created on April 2013.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I have this on my armorsmith as well

It also affects Apothecary Gossamer Insignia. Celestial is not affect if that helps to narrow things down (learned from a recipe sheet vs not?).

I have Armorsmith and Weaponsmith on this character.
This has been the same install since the first beta.

Edit: just checked my other characters.
Leatherworker on my Leatherworker/Huntsman character as well
No issue on my Artificer/Tailor.

All have the issue with the Apothecary Gossamer Insignia.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Hehe, it’s the first time I see a dev creating a thread due being affected by a bug, but thanks for let us know. From what I recall I don’t have armorsmith on any of my chars, but I’ll check it to see if any other discipline is affected.

A thing I noted though and I believe it’s intended is you won’t be able to see it when seeing recipes through Hero panel, only through Crafting Station. I didn’t see it as a bug but as an expected behavior.

Edit: hmm based on the previous post I’ll surely check leatherworker on one of my chars and see if I’m affected too.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

A bug has surfaced which prevents certain base ingredients from being viewed via the new ‘View Recipe’ button. This isn’t happening for everyone, or even every discipline. So far the only affected account known is mine ( boo :[ ) and only on armorsmithing recipes. Any casing or lining recipe below deldrimor cannot be inspecting when viewing those ingredients from another recipe.

Does anyone else have this issue presenting on their character?
If so, what crafting disciplines do you have on your character?
How long ago did you install GW2?

Yes!

I noticed this completing my masterwork/fine and rare armor crafting collections yesterday.

Everything was ok on my tailor, but I did not see the view recipe button for the components on my armorsmith or leatherworker. The insgnia view recipe button did work, but not for the other components.

My armorsmiths other trade is jeweler.
My leatherworkers other trade is huntsman.
My tailors other trade is artificer.

Played since launch, but only had this computer about a year and a half maybe, so I guess that’s how long ago I installed.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

My GW2.exe creation date shows Nov 12, 2013, so that was probably my most recent reinstall.

I have this issue on my Warrior, It affects the Armorsmithing, but not the Weaponsmithing.

Also on my Engineer, affecting Leatherworking, but seemingly not Chef.

On my Necro that has Leatherworking and Armorsmithing, they are both broken.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I have this problem on my Warrior/Armorsmith. I reinstalled the game a few weeks back because I had an issue with it, and of course have been keeping it updated. My other crafting disciplines work fine.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I see. At first I wasn’t sure what the issue was, but I too am showing this. Looking at it, the ascended armor items are showing all the components properly, but the Draconic Coats and everything else are only showing the insignia (if that insignia is craftable of course)
For reference, my GW2 ‘install’ has existed since the beta weekend events.
On armorsmith character I also have huntsman, and it appears perfectly fine.
weaponsmith/artificer look fine, Tailor/jeweler seem fine, cooking seems fine but leatherworker same issue

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

I noticed that if you somehow learned a higher tier of recipe that requires a lower component which you do not yet know how to craft that this happens.

Take for example Chef. You can accidentally buy the mid tier pizzas from the TP and make the highest tier pizza. Then, with this recent patch, you could try to make the highest tier pizza again only to realize you don’t have the lowest tier pizzas unlocked.

Also affects ascended armor and weapons. You could have the ascended weapon unlocked, but not have the inscription unlocked.

Same with other items, so long as you buy one of the craft-able non-automaticly discovered components off the TP to make the end product, you can try to make the end product without having the ability to make the components.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

It is intended that if you do not have a recipe unlocked, you cannot view it using the new inspect button.

Sounds like many people have their armorsmith and leatherworker showing this issue. Thanks for the reports! I’m working on a fix for this.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

It is intended that if you do not have a recipe unlocked, you cannot view it using the new inspect button.

Sounds like many people have their armorsmith and leatherworker showing this issue. Thanks for the reports! I’m working on a fix for this.

I should also mention that when I was creating the back items on my jeweler it did show the view recipe button for iron/steel/darksteel ingots, even though jewelers can’t make those.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

I also have this problem on my leatherworker. And I am quite positive that my GW2 install date is still the one I downloaded for headstart. Can’t remember that I ever had to download the whole game again.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yepp .. i even created a thread here about the problem with my armorsmith and leatherworker some days ago.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.