Crash Report data collection

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Candyroxi.6473

Candyroxi.6473

Hello everyone.
Starting from this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3r3rul/can_we_please_get_a_dev_to_acknowledge_that_this/
I have seen many different reports about HoT client crash, and from Anet’s support size they might already working on this. However, due to their limited in system variation test pool, there might be something hard to spot. And on our side, many of us just ignore the crash report pop up and try to log in the game back as soon as possible, made it harder to collect data. I myself suffer serious crashes very often since new patch. What I have observed is the newer computers are more likely to encounter crashes than older one, but I’m not sure. Therefore, I really hope we can work together and create a collection of crashes, as much info as possible, to help Anet technician discover and solve the problem faster. Any help would be really appreciated!
Also, if anyone wants to add any details to the sheet or for any reason cannot add your entry yourself, feel free to message me!!
Thank you all for your contribution~ and sorry for my terrible English
Link to the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11pcJxjYnsGCFMxM162PewfGTe01mAPR6u9iCJfONaLU/edit?usp=sharing

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

You are correct. We should give them as much feedback as possible as that enables them to find a fix sooner.
But, truth be told, if they are unwilling to post such an information on their own forum, why should we be the ones to present them with proper feedback. Their obvious ignorance of official forum should not become the norm we support.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

I always take the few seconds it takes to send the crash report. That’s me doing my job. It’s not my job to do their job for them; making spreadsheets, removing memory modules or any other goofy thing that may be requested, insuring hours upon hours of useless work, just to fix a situatioin that doesn’t happen anywhere else.

In a dev post it on reddit it was said that they use windows xp to test for stability. My question is, is it always the case that if it works on the oldest system does that necessarily mean it works on the newest?

“Our test crew uses 32-bit Windows (XP!) almost entirely and this didn’t show up on their machines, so it’s something more subtle than the amount of RAM you have”
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3r3rul/can_we_please_get_a_dev_to_acknowledge_that_this/

Posted by: Farstar.9752

Farstar.9752

If the crash reports .DMP isn’t what they need to help them fix the issues than I’m not sure what more I can send them. Like Lefty here I always send the crash reports to anet to help them fix the issues and file bug reports in the game if I can see the issue about to happen and why.
It truly is bothersome that Anet wont acknowledge this officially on their own forum and instead posts to Reddit in the hopes people wont see it and notice that it is a huge issue. I mean really? you’ve known about it for 3 years? And you still have done nothing to help players who are d/cing from the game retain loot/ event completions in spite of this being the biggest cause of game crashes since core launched 3 years ago?

I mean… really? Sure crashes suck, but it adds insult to injury when you lose all the rewards you were working towards for the past few hours because you can’t rejoin a map (due to being full) or your progress is removed because you “loaded into another map” it is thoroughly frustrating.

Anet if you can’t fix the crashing, you can at least change the way loot is rewarded so this doesn’t punish us for crashing/disconnecting.