Crashing in Bitter Harvest

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jamayla.6213

Jamayla.6213

Same, crashes in bitter harvest, at the end of the mission. at that weird ass spinning thing. 2 times after the first or second vine walls, and now at the first vine wall. changing from full screen, to windowed full screen, to full screen or something like that didn’t help me at all. still that error. it is annoying the kitten out of me..

Posted by: sugatasei.6709

sugatasei.6709

I have the same problème 4 try = 4 crash.

Posted by: sugatasei.6709

sugatasei.6709

I did a 6th try and it is ok. THat’s my observations :
Try 1 : berzeker long bow axe and warhorn => crash after using the spell 4 of warhorn on liana
Try 2 : same build => crash after using the spell 4 of warhorn on liana
Try 3 : crash after using the spell 4 of warhorn on liana
Try 4 : replace the axe + warhorn with a greatsword => crash while fighting a mordrem ennemy (spell 2)
Try 5 : I took my wife’s computer => ok with her ranger. crash with my account …
Try 6 : OK with alteration build : shortbow + double axe ….

I do not understand anythig ^^

Posted by: Kingold.8569

Kingold.8569

Hey guys,

Had the same issue and what worked for me was simply not destroying the walls, just walk or jump beside them and continue. Most of them you can pass easily.

Posted by: Masochist.1796

Masochist.1796

Does anyone know if the new patch fixed this issue?

Posted by: marshmowllo.4836

marshmowllo.4836

I’m having the same problem (crash right at the first vine wall on the helix). I get that weird MathRectValid error message, too. I assumed the problem was my Mac barely/not meeting the requirements to run the game, but it sounds like people with much better computers are having problems, too.

Mac OSX 10.12.6, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB, 4 GB RAM here. (Yes, playing on this thing is… trying, lol. I had a better computer for gaming when I first bought GW2.)

EDIT: I tried switching to windowed mode (I’d been playing fullscreen) and skipping the vine walls, and was able to get through.

(edited by marshmowllo.4836)

Posted by: Amica Lavin.5703

Amica Lavin.5703

Still an issue. Just tried running it twice. My husband and my client are both crashing. It’s frustrating as we’re trying to run through the story for the first time.

Posted by: buartos.5671

buartos.5671

Game crashed 2 times for me. After 3th time I was managed to finish this mission. All I do was to go after Zojja instead of Logan.

Also as Kingold.8569 mentioned he did not destroyed any walls. I remember that I destroyed just one, so this information might be also helpful.

Posted by: Anticitizen.7253

Anticitizen.7253

Also having this exact issue. Sent an error report, and I guess will have to wait. I’m not keen on doing it 6+ times and hoping it works…

Posted by: Silverarrow.4701

Silverarrow.4701

Same problem here. Did it twice, first time crashed whilst attacking the first vine wall on the spiral, second time I got to go a bit higher but crashed whilst attacking a different vine wall

Posted by: Lukify.2198

Lukify.2198

This just happened to me… uuuugh! I also have NVidia…

Masochist.1796

I tried again, 5th time, saved Zoija and skipped walls, did not help. Still crashed.

Masochist.1796

6th time is the charm I guess. Didn’t do anything different

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

The same happened to me and my gf twice today. We gave up ‘cos it’s quite a long episode. The fault is definitely on the game’s side. Any chance ANet admin would respond here?

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: Falken.4038

Falken.4038

Wife and I have been trying as well past few days. Tried several of the mentioned methods and same thing every time. Sometimes we get higher up, others not so much. She always crashes.

Posted by: Ofeigr.9583

Ofeigr.9583

I’m having the same problem, and I notice I still have the achievement buff for Untethered, despite having finished it quite a while ago.

Posted by: Ryuzaki.4237

Ryuzaki.4237

I’ve been having the same problem. After about 4 crashes I tried going around the barriers instead of destroying them and it worked for me. Good luck guys it’s pretty frustrating.

Posted by: MadLakens.9026

MadLakens.9026

I tried doing it 2 times already and it crushes right before the first wall – without me even touching or attacking it.

Posted by: Lindaklingomat.1253

Lindaklingomat.1253

I tried again, without touching the wall, and I crashed again. I really do hope they fix it, or at least put it on known issues.

I am sorry about the bad grammar/spelling – I am trying to get better, I promise :)

Posted by: Mercilius Hawke.5307

Mercilius Hawke.5307

Having the same problem with my daughters character. She is very sad that she cannot progress.

Posted by: Mercilius Hawke.5307

Mercilius Hawke.5307

Having the same problem with my daughters character. She is very sad that she cannot progress.

Got it to work tonight by cranking it down to performance mode and making it full screen windowed instead of full screened. I know this doesn’t work for everyone, but just wanted to point out something to try.

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

I have tried this mission on one character who keeps getting the same crash while going up the helix. I somehow managed to get the mission done on another character who made it up the helix. Optimistic, I tried again with the former character only to crash again. Unless this bug gets fixed, I doubt that my warrior will ever defeat Mordremoth, as they keep getting defeated by stairs.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Still crashing there. Any updates on the matter?

Just purchased Hot+PoFrecently, kind dissapointed that such progress blocking bugs still exist and are not hotfixed.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Olsria.9608

Olsria.9608

Also just hit this climbing the helix

Posted by: liangdar.3054

liangdar.3054

How can such a gamebreaking bug stay in the game this long. Basically been stuck on this mission for over 2 weeks now – can’t finish the story. I tried it five times with different settings, but it was just a waste of time.

Posted by: Serafina.2841

Serafina.2841

I’ve basically given up playing completely due to the bug. I finally got my character levelled to make HoT playable, and now that I reached this bug I haven’t been able to continue for 2 weeks.

Posted by: Amica Lavin.5703

Amica Lavin.5703

Super sad that I’m still unable to progress. I’ve even submitted a ticket about the issue, but haven’t gotten a response in 2 days now. I get with the Demo Weekend it’d be a wait, but come on! I’d like to progress please…or at least let me know you’re working on it.

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

Not sure if this will help anyone, but…

How many are doing this solo versus with a friend?

Last week a friend and I were doing this together, both had the quest active. Whomever started it always crashed at the helix, and only the person starting/activating it. She did it twice (crashed both times), I did it three times (crashed all three). We called it a night there and she was going out of town for the week. I still had 4 characters who hadn’t completed the quest yet however, so I decided to experiment and run them through it. Four out of four without issue, back to back (to back to back). I thought the bug was gone and so she and I tried it a few minutes ago (with her starting it since I no longer had any characters on the quest), and before we got through the first wall on the helix she crashed.

Not sure what, if anything, this all means but it definitely looked like an issue with running this quest with someone else in the group.

Posted by: Fudge.9527

Fudge.9527

Having the same issue, tried this one last night and tonight, crashed both times. Playing solo.

Will probably just wait for a fix rather than mess with settings, since it’s kind of a pain getting to that point in the mission.

Posted by: Gokiburi.3142

Gokiburi.3142

Same issue, it always happens when attacking or destroying the Vine wall

Posted by: Black Dragon.1504

Black Dragon.1504

I have just had this bug occur to me as well for the second time.

The first time I was running my Druid solo, and was partway up the helix before it crashed.

This time I was running my Druid solo again, and was attacking the first vine wall when it crashed. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 7700.

I’ll try it again later today to see if changing my graphics settings to high performance fixes the issue.

Thread-killer extraordinaire

Posted by: Maxvanderzalm.9471

Maxvanderzalm.9471

Same problem here, 5 tries 5 times error, setting graphics to beste performance, tried playing alone, in different days.
It’s such a long mission to redo.
I send error report each time.
hope it gets fixed, cause now I’m stuck in the story…

Posted by: Olena Tonyuk.8129

Olena Tonyuk.8129

Same story. Always crashing on the helix, sometimes earlier, sometimes later. Submitted the problem to A-net three times, let’s see if I’ll get any reply.

Posted by: Adam.7408

Adam.7408

Why is this being ignored? It’s absolutely ridiculous. I just want to complete this mission.

Arena net, f##king do something about it.

Rude – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Petitebijou.4105

Petitebijou.4105

Agreed. I’ve done this 5 times and every time, at different points it bugs out. I’ve tried doing loganglian first and 2nd and it doesn’t work either way. I’ve tried full screen and full screen window. I’ve also tried best performance display settings and it glitches. I’ve put on a ticket. Please fix this, it’s so close to the end its frustrating.

Posted by: Hex Great.5127

Hex Great.5127

Very nice. Finally wanna to complete story oh look can’t because this thing keep crashing and is very frustating to play this mission over and over. Totally being ignored by staff. NICE

Posted by: NeroVee.4923

NeroVee.4923

Well, I finally made it on the fifth try or so, and I feel you guys :P so I just wanted to contribute with my case:

*For me it always crashed right before the second vine wall.
*I also tried the fullscreen, best performance settings twice and it kept crashing.
*I also avoided attacking the vine walls and the mobs, but no success there.

However, on this last succesful run, and I don´t know if it was just luck, I finally got through it, again with the fullscreen, best performance settings and avoiding to attack anything, but the only difference was to fail the untethered achievement. I don´t know if you guys have always tried with the achievement still active, as it is quite easy to achieve at least to my experience, but right on the run where I failed it I could continue on hehe. Just my 2cents.

Hope it gets fixed soon, because with the next expansion so near we gotta catch up with the story right? XD
Wish you all luck.

Posted by: Karol.7815

Karol.7815

Bitter harvest still crashing for me, changing the settings didn’t work

Posted by: Scutty.9804

Scutty.9804

Same problem, tried different settings still no luck.

EDIT: Updated the Nvidia Drivers and it worked.

(edited by Scutty.9804)

Posted by: FrozenSoil.2943

FrozenSoil.2943

My wife made it through on her third try while I was researching this. Didn’t change any settings.

I tried twice with her in my party and we both crashed both times before.

Edit: Tried for a third time, solo this time and still crashed while climbing the helix.

(edited by FrozenSoil.2943)

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Same thing just happened to me as well. Annoying.

Posted by: FrozenSoil.2943

FrozenSoil.2943

I’m not sure if anyone has tried this yet but after multiple fails (crashes) I decided to try the 32 bit executable. 1st attempt also crashed and said that “Gw2-64.exe” crashed. I learned that launching the 32 bit executable Gw2.exe on a 64-bit OS just launches Gw2-64.exe instead.

I relaunched it in 32 bit mode using the -32 launch flag (“C:\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -32) in the shortcut and I made it through… Maybe I just got lucky maybe not. Personally I’ve ran through this too many times now and I’m not going to try it again to check.

If anyone else wants to try it and leave feedback that would be great.

Also for a faster run, I found you can run through most of the mission and the NPC’s will just catch up to you. I chose to save Zoja first so not sure if that changes but you can run all the way to the first jump. Run up to the left path and it will open the door. Run to Zoja and ignore everything in between. I had to fight at the Logan spot to get it to progress but then just run to each gate until it opens and you’re at the Helix of Rectangle Math Crashes.

(edited by FrozenSoil.2943)

Posted by: Shackle.3125

Shackle.3125

Heyyyyy! Launching it in the 32 bit mode with the target shortcut I think worked for me, unless it was just a coincidence.

Think it was my 6th or 7th attempt at being stuck on that story mission. I also made sure to clear the “Don’t get hit by a vine on the helix” achievement by getting hit, and made sure I never hit a vine wall and just glided between the two ways up or found ways around the wall.

But it worked! Finally got to do it without crashing!

Posted by: Damar.5982

Damar.5982

I’ve now tried this on three different computers, an Nvidia 670 based desktop, a 980M based laptop and my wife’s laptop with just onboard graphics.

On the 980M laptop, I’ve tried high settings, low settings and I’ve still crashed the last 7 attempts to get through this mission.

Looks like my thief, mesmer and elementalist are stranded at this point!

Posted by: Junera.4583

Junera.4583

Just got the same bug today as well.

Was in a party with 3 other friends chatting on discord doing the story when the party leader crashed at the rotating helix tower, killing the instance. Of the 4 people, only the party leader and one other person got the error and crashed. Remaining 2 (including myself) were fine but booted from instance.

Second try, first leader who crashed leaves group. A different person goes in as party leader and we try again with 2 people in one group and myself trying it solo. This time everyone crashes at their respective helix tower.

Third try, I completely close discord, leave all parties, start and properly shut down gw2 before restarting the client again. Attempt the instance solo. Get to the same part in the tower but go slower (as I’m soloing). End up standing next to the vine walls and walking near the edge to avoid destroying them. Instead of crashing, dialogue from NPCs finally plays (it never had before). This time when I destroy the vine walls, no crashes! I make it to the top with no problems.

I changed too many variables to be sure what caused the bug, but I’ll get my friends to try again tomorrow and report back on what worked for them.

(edited by Junera.4583)

Serafina.2841

Finally completed on performance settings, intentionally failing the untethered achievement, and not attacking any vine walls

(edited by Serafina.2841)

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Come on Anet, I know you’ve got your hands full with the expansion, but this is exactly the time when a lot of people catch up on the story to prepare for the next expansion. A hotfix for this should be a priority.

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

Come on Anet, I know you’ve got your hands full with the expansion, but this is exactly the time when a lot of people catch up on the story to prepare for the next expansion. A hotfix for this should be a priority.

Not to mention everyone who boosted a character and have been trying to do the HoT story chain. Add me to the list. This should be a priority. >.>

Finally completed on performance settings, intentionally failing the untethered achievement, and not attacking any vine walls

Did the same.
1.) Set graphics to Best Performance.
2.) Swapped from windowed fullscreen to fullscreen
3.) Intentionally got hit so to lose the Untethered qualifier
4.) Skipped the first 2 walls by jumping around to the right but ended up having to kill the 3rd.
Not sure which of these, if any, got around the crash but I was able to complete the quest. Hope this helps someone.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

(edited by Squee Squashington.5189)

Posted by: liangdar.3054

liangdar.3054

Managed to complete it now.
Changed my graphics to the lowest settings and fullscreen.
But I think what really did the trick was not interfacing with the walls in any way. My game always crashed, when I touched or attacked them, so this time I just jumped arround all of them and it worked. Could be me getting lucky though as well.
Also updated to the newest graphics driver.

Serafina.2841

Did the same.
1.) Set graphics to Best Performance.
2.) Swapped from windowed fullscreen to fullscreen
3.) Intentionally got hit so to lose the Untethered qualifier
4.) Skipped the first 2 walls by jumping around to the right but ended up having to kill the 3rd.
Not sure which of these, if any, got around the crash but I was able to complete the quest. Hope this helps someone.

It’s really hard to get around the third wall, but I think you have to skip that too. If you go around on the left and spam jump you can eventually get into position to get around it. Took a lot of trying, but it worked.