Crashy crashy

Crashy crashy

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

So the “green synergetic assault knight” crashes my client during the fight with him every time. The other knights do not seem to do this (yes, I submitted a bug report).

I wouldn’t be posting about it if the solution was as simple as relogging and continuing the fight where I left off, but of course I can’t, because relogging causes me to get bumped to overflow and I lose all of the attunements gained thus far. Every time this happens, it’s another hour of my life wasted. This is extremely frustrating.

Once in overflow, I talked to the people there, and they told me that they too were experiencing massive bugs and continuous disconnects. So it’s clearly not just me (I’ve also never had a problem with client crashes before this update).

All I can say is: This is what happens when you release content too quickly without enough testing. I hope the Living Story format is retired after this story arc is over. This level of bugginess is unacceptable.

(edited by BatsLoveCaves.5768)

Crashy crashy

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

Iv had this happen three times aswell, also with the green knight. Thought it was due to the mass of people on screen but then i think i do wvw so that cant be it right?.

Crashy crashy

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I crashed once last night and it was too at the green knight

Crashy crashy

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Iv had this happen three times aswell, also with the green knight. Thought it was due to the mass of people on screen but then i think i do wvw so that cant be it right?.

Nope. I’ve also played a lot of WvW and highly populated meta-events (tequatl, marionette, etc) and I’ve never had a problem with crashes before… So I think it’s a localized issue.

Crashy crashy

Posted by: Midna.2195

Midna.2195

Did you read the crash log? I’d highly assume that it’s your client running out of vram. I had crashes twice (at the red one, since it was the last one in the rota), both times a OOM crash. So i watched my VRAM and switched to low texture resolution as it got critical. No crash since.

Crashy crashy

Posted by: DougTheSlug.3920

DougTheSlug.3920

Did you read the crash log? I’d highly assume that it’s your client running out of vram. I had crashes twice (at the red one, since it was the last one in the rota), both times a OOM crash. So i watched my VRAM and switched to low texture resolution as it got critical. No crash since.

This happened when they removed culling. High graphics settings + lots of people = crashes. I looked at a lot of the call stacks and they were commonly this; I’ve lost count how many call stacks I’ve sent to Anet with this kind of error.

It really sucks when I have to choose between
1) playing the game
2) looking at a nice game
3) constantly changing my graphics settings based on how many players are on the screen

I have actually set all my settings to medium of late because of all the zerg-stuff that’s been crashing my game. Good use of a gtx780.

The real kicker, is that there’s no medium preset. There’s either high, autodetect (aka high) or minimum.
- High: crash with lots of players
- Autodetect (same as high): crash with lots of players
- Minimum: I have no words for how truly awful this looks…
If I want medium settings, I need to change each drop down to medium, which is a PITA to do when I get into a big battle and realize I’m on max settings…

Crashy crashy

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I crashed once on the green one, too, but thought it was not so common.

Crashy crashy

BatsLoveCaves.5768

I didn’t read the crash log, so it’s possible it’s a VRAM issue. But as I said in my original post, I’ve never had a problem with consistent crashes until this Green Knight. So I don’t think it’s a problem with my PC.

For interest, here are my PC’s specs:

Intel i7 3.5ghz quad core
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 650 ti
win 7 64 bit

I run the game on high and get 60-90 FPS at most times; in really large zergs the FPS goes down to 15-20ish, which is not good, but shouldnt’ be crash-inducing (and hasn’t been up to this point; I’ve run Tequatl with a full map before, for example, and everything was fine…)

I’ll try playing the green knight on low detail and see if it makes a difference…

(edited by BatsLoveCaves.5768)