Cultural Armor & Weapons

Cultural Armor & Weapons

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Greetings.

I can only asume this is a bug/mistake … otherwise its just insanity on the part of the dev who implimented the following.

The cost of Cultrual weapons in Karma is insanely high. There is no way a person can gather 35k Karma before they hit level 60.

My Character has completed every map she has gone to as needed (i.e where she was sent) plus a few that i done anyway totaling 7 maps not including completed City maps. That includes doing the events which i done many of.
Even with all that and without spending ANY of it, by level 45 i have about 12k.
My old man who bought this game ahead of me is around the level 73 mark i think now, and he has around 23k.

Unless you spend all your time farming events and no other time leveling via personal story quets ,,hearts ..exploration ..gathering etc etc ..there is no possible way to reach that amount of karma at the required levels.

Moving on.

Cultural Armor.

Again the cost is insane. Level 35 armor is barely atainable ..barely.
The level 60 armor is not. Again after buying only 1 set of armor costing around 1.3g at level 35 of the BLTC, i now have 2g at level 45. There is no way you can make enough gold by level 60 to buy the cultrual armor which i beleve comes to just under 8g.

not to mention that you can buy armor from the BLTC that fits your personal needs in stats for a fraction of the cost. it kinda makes the cultrual items pointless.

Ether there needs to be an increase in money drops/gear worth to vendors ..etc ..or you need to lower the costs of these vendor gears. otherwise they r pointless apart from possible reskins ..in which case they mightaswell be sold as armor with no stats.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: Hocknose.7241

Hocknose.7241

I agree, I was thinkng the exact same thing last night when I was on, I’m lvl 71 and I’ve only got 12k karma and 3g.

I think you are probably paying for the skins rather than the stats. Because once you have purchased it you can just use transmutation stones to allign the stats with the skin…

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

The cultural stuff is meant to be ‘exclusive’ and pricy, the top-of-the-notch skins out there.

It’s not the price that is ridiculous but the rarity.
Make the lv80 cultural armor exotic.
Make the lv80 cultural weapons exotic and possibly a bit more expensive.

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: Gibber.3289

Gibber.3289

I don’t think the “awesomeness” of this skins (tier 3 armor set) justifies buying them for 99g.

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

T1 and T2 is fine at there price.

T3 is the only problem I have with. Maybe if it cost like 30g-60g for the entire set it would be fair.
But paying about 100g for it, is way to high.

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

For some it is, just a matter of taste – same as most obsidian armor sets were fugly in GW1, but still prestiguous. Still, t3 cultural armor is the armor worn by Destiny’s Edge members, and dressing up as Eir is quite cool

Cultural Armor & Weapons

SolarNova.1052

TBH i would like to hear ANet’s response on this.

If the gear is meant to be expensive and exclusive then why have them available for the lower levels when its pritty much impossible to get the required currency before out leveling said gear. And as stated by other and myself ..if its just for the skins ..why have stats at all.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

Not to mention the bugs in cultural weapons and skins. For example Asuran tier 2 is sylvani weapons.

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

Not to mention the bugs in cultural weapons and skins. For example Asuran tier 2 is sylvani weapons.

Wouldn’t call that a bug but rather the culture, since Sylvari hail from the Asuran homelands. They were born in Asuran lands back in Guild Wars 1 so it doesn’t surpise me their cultural sets mix the 2 influences.

As far as the cost of Cultural anything…. your paying for the skin and for the title “The Emperor”. Prestige will always come at a cost.

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

Cultural Armor & Weapons

SolarNova.1052

Any chance Anet is looking into this and may patch it sometime soon ??

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: Kitten.8051

Kitten.8051

I agree that cultural armour (particularly tier 3) is too expensive. 60 gold for a full set would be much better. The fact it is only rare and not exotic and 100 gold is ridiculous.

Reduce set cost of tier 3 to 60 gold and make it exotic.

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: BlurKiller.1976

BlurKiller.1976

Well if they changed it now, what would happen to the ones that have already spent all their savings on these weapons/armors?

Cultural Armor & Weapons

SolarNova.1052

The armor and weapons used to cost less. Atleats the weapons deffinatly did. They increased the cost to what they are now shortly after release.

those that bought them early got them for somthing like 1k karma, now they cost 9k (teir 1)… so if they changed them ….they wouldnt compensate anyone or anything ..same way they didnt punish those who bought them cheap by giving them negative karma or taking away said weapon and refunding.

I just want a response from Anet so we know if they intend on making these items accessable for the people leveling ..the lvl 80 stuff can be as expensive as they like , you aint gunna out level them, so you can farm away.
But trying to farm gold and/or karma for level 35 and 60 is impossible becouse you out level the gear before you have enough currency.

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

The intent of these is simply for skins and achievements. Unfortunately or Fortunately for me I find the skins of the Human Heavy armors are just so horrible I am not in the least tempted by them.

The reason you buy them are not for stats as they are yellows and not Exotic. Their stats aren’t worthwhile in the least so it’s only for bragging rights to get the achievement and also to get the look if like to show that you spent a ton of cash on the skin.

It’s a bizarre thing as the achievement points mean nothing except a running number…

If achievement points were allowed to be spent on something or would get you some reward then and only then do they mean something.

So buy the armor when you can afford it if you like it and use it as a skin or don’t buy it because the achievement is worthless.

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Yeah.. I was thinking about that, I can make exotics and get dungeon armor sets sooner than I can afford T3 cultural armor, 100+ gold. Waaaaaay too much. I understand it should be expensive, and it wouldn’t be good if everything was really easy to get, but the armor isn’t even that good.

Cultural Armor & Weapons

SolarNova.1052

I find the stats of the 35 and 60 armor and weapons fine ..i would buy them ..infact i was tring to ..which lead me to make this post. They just cost to much for the level.

I understand if you meant just the level 80 ones ..in which case yes ur right ..they aint worth it and you would only get them for skins at lvl 80. But not the level 35 and 60 ones. .they have use.

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

As far as the cost of Cultural anything…. your paying for the skin and for the title “The Emperor”. Prestige will always come at a cost.

This.

I have all of tier 1 and 2 and 5/6 of tier 3 (saving for the helm, as well as other random non-related things.) I love the armor, its stats are identical to that you’d find on an exotic but have that signature look.

For those who don’t want the expense, just buy a full 6 piece exotic set for 6g-9g np.

Cultural Armor & Weapons

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Changing price? No, they are meant to be expensive and prestigious.
Making the T3 set exotic? Would not mind this, but I will buy a t3 set anyway. 100g is not much of a deal, especially as the game gets older.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.