Cutscene did not play

Cutscene did not play

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

The cutscene that is said on the patch notes to play once logged in did not play…is there an NPC in game that can trigger it for us?

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I got on all 9 of my chars and didn’t get it on any of them.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Luciferhawke.2015

Luciferhawke.2015

Same. I saw a really quick flicker before the LA loading screen. Looked like it tried to load but skipped.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

I got the same here, character is over level 30 also

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Anemone.8913

Anemone.8913

Does anyone have a link to the cinematic? Maybe uploaded by someone on youtube?
I didn’t get the cinematic as well. No signs of it ever even starting or loading.

/all lvl 80 characters/

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Unknownhero.6745

Unknownhero.6745

Numerous people have been having this problem.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: JerryMain.4371

JerryMain.4371

yes me too,
logged in to lions arch and it didn’t play
left and entered lions arch again but it still didn’t play

The Only One [One] – Piken Square

(edited by JerryMain.4371)

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

Same issue here

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Tzigon.2457

Tzigon.2457

Same. Won’t play for me either.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

No cutscene here

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Rabe.9804

Rabe.9804

No cutscene for no one on whole SFR LA map

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

Also no cutscene here.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Thayel.1236

Thayel.1236

Same here. No cut scene on 3 L80 characters so far. Got the flicker on the load screen like it tried to load the scene and then ended up at totally different waypoint from where I came in at.

(edited by Thayel.1236)

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Luca.9638

Luca.9638

Same here…….

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

just wondering if it’s related to which WP you went in. I came in via Gendarran Fields WP

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

No cutscene either.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

No cutscene to wrap up the whole non event of this Living Story full of bugs, just like the permanent parts of the game, fitting to say the least.
I have lost all faith in the ablility of the management team to put together a cohesive working idea.
I went to the bar, and it was like a comic book written by a 10 year old, just devastatingly weak, boring, and uninteresting.
I hope the Brisbane Wildlands story line is at least interesting.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Hi! The cutscene for the current update, Battle for Lion’s Arch— Aftermath, didn’t play when I logged into the game with my lv. 80 character. The release notes stated that players lv 30 and above will see a cutscene when they enter LA, but that didn’t happen for me.

Server: Tarnished Coast

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

It just slays me that they actually have a QA team.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Sorrow’s Furance

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

The title of that other post is very vague and could be referring to any cutscene in the game. I’m concerned that the team would overlook that post.

I wanted to make sure that the folks in charge know that it is the new LA cutscene that is having problems so they can fix it right away. Plus they need to know which servers are having the issue. The more details the team has, the faster the problem can be fixed.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Niteip.8301

Niteip.8301

No cut scene for me too. I don’t care if its bad like most players are saying. I want to see it. getting sick of these bull crap bugs.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: SkekTek.1396

SkekTek.1396

Hi,

not cinematic here either. Nothing on loading into the game or entering Lions Arch by walking through from Gendarran Fields. This was a level 80 characters on Piken Square server.

Is there an NPC who can give a replay option?

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No cut scene for me, either.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: roperratt.6917

roperratt.6917

tried 2 different characters from 2 different entrances, no cinematic. Fort Aspenwood server.

IGN: Roper the Ratt, Mithril Knight, Sophie the Golden, (TTS), (DTtD), (KCCO), (BANA)
Fort Aspenwood

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

Didn’t work for me either. I tried different characters and entered from all the entrances, but got nothing.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: bynkowski.9046

bynkowski.9046

no cutscene for me either ;(

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Tenor Madness.6784

Tenor Madness.6784

Same here. The option to replay it would be greatly appreciated.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

All my characters are level 80, no cinematic after logging on or going into lion’s arch.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: iced cooly.5794

iced cooly.5794

Same here, no cut scene. Hope there is a way to play it again. Pretty disappointing if not.

Before anyone suggests, NO, a YouTube video of the cut scene will not suffice lol

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Darkstar.5190

Darkstar.5190

I login with my 80 character and… it seems the game try to load a cutscene but.. no…
Please, we need a npc who allow us to replay it or something… game is great but i really like the story and i want to know…
thanks for your efforts anyway

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Niteip.8301

Niteip.8301

Disappointing that I had to go to YouTube. before I could see this in game.

Atleast the person that made this video added on top of the disappointing cut scene making it a little better.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Thank you for the reports, we are looking into fixing the cutscene for future players to view when they log in for the first time. For players who have already logged in, we are working on adding a replay option to one of the NPCs in Lion’s Arch. Please expect these changes sometime tomorrow, 3/19. I will update closer to fix release with exactly which NPC will have the cutscene replay.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

All my level 80s are on The Mist (PvP), the first login was on PvP area. Then I logged with a level 20 on PvE and got the mail, but not cutscene (expected because of level), so I moved one level 80 to PvE, no cutscene at all.

Cutscene did not play

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Thank you for the reports, we are looking into fixing the cutscene for future players to view when they log in for the first time. For players who have already logged in, we are working on adding a replay option to one of the NPCs in Lion’s Arch. Please expect these changes sometime tomorrow, 3/19. I will update closer to fix release with exactly which NPC will have the cutscene replay.

I am guessing that the replay NPC is Laranthir of the Wild, near the remnants of the fountain. I see other players walk up to him, then get the “I’m watchin’ a cinematic!” icon over their heads.

When I try to speak to him, however, the dialogue window immediately closes (technically, it doesn’t even show up on screen), and I get no cut scene. For a very very brief bit of time, I see my karma and gold available displayed. And obviously, I didn’t see a cinematic when I walked into Lion’s Arch with the recent patch.

I have been out of the game for a while, so perhaps there is an achievement that I missed that would unlock the cinematic. But that’s just… silly.

Edit to add: Possibly related, possibly not. But I tried bringing various alts to Lion’s Arch to see if they could watch the cinematic. Each one tried to go to the Gate Hub |Plaza waypoint. Each one got two loading screens for Lion’s Arch, and each was teleported to a different spot. One to Postern Ward, one to the Canal Ward waypoint, one to the Western Ward waypoint, et cetera. But go to the Gate Hub Plaza waypoint from within LA, and it works fine.

(edited by Nkuvu.2570)