Cutscenes don't use in-game set audio device

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Memphisjz.1405

Memphisjz.1405

This bug has been in the game since launch, and i assume i am one of the few noticing it due to my set-up.

How to replicate:

- Set windows default audio device to your headset
- Set Guild Wars 2 audio setting NOT to windows default, but specifically choose something else like your speakers.

Every sound in-game will play through your speakers as expected, but whenever a cutscene starts in Living story, part of the sound will play though the headset. (i think the sound effects + dialogue goes through headset but some parts remain on the speakers)

Very annoying, as i always have to hurry to pick up my headset whenever a cutscene starts.

Hylo Hammerswing [AoA]
Treb Master of the Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Fuzdom.6493

Fuzdom.6493

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put in an option to SKIP cutscenes AFTER 1 toon has gone through the story mode events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put in an option to SKIP cutscenes AFTER 1 toon has gone through the story mode events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should create a new thread, rather than making a comment in an unrelated thread, to request this. Also, the general discussion forums are the best place for this sort of suggestion — it’s not a bug, even if it’s not working as you would like it.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

This bug has been in the game since launch, and i assume i am one of the few noticing it due to my set-up.

How to replicate:

- Set windows default audio device to your headset
- Set Guild Wars 2 audio setting NOT to windows default, but specifically choose something else like your speakers.

Every sound in-game will play through your speakers as expected, but whenever a cutscene starts in Living story, part of the sound will play though the headset. (i think the sound effects + dialogue goes through headset but some parts remain on the speakers)

Very annoying, as i always have to hurry to pick up my headset whenever a cutscene starts.

This is not my experience: I get the same, correct, audio device used each time, and can even switch from headphones to speakers, or back, without encountering this.

That suggests it may be something particular to your machine or configuration causing it. It would probably help if you gave details of that, such as how the headphones are connected (eg: classic analog jack, USB, etc), what your selected sound output device is in gw2, and in windows, etc.