DC in SW, lost all bonus chests!!!!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I was DCed when the final boss died, lost the main chest, 4 bandit chests and over 9 bonus chests! FIX THE kitten GAME ANET!!

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Wait is this still happening?! I thought they fixed the whole DC roll back bug?!

Posted by: Lateralis.5701

Lateralis.5701

I can confirm this bug is not fixed. I have just experienced something similar and had a similar problem yesterday evening BST.

In yesterday’s DC I was about to enter the Vinewrath room with the bottom lane having been in the map for more or less the whole event chain, but as we were fighting the boss the client had a total fit. I lost connection to basically everything and had just a black screen. Such was the nature of the crash I had to alt-tab out and end the process.

Just now I was in another Silverwastes map, again having gone through the whole event chain from around 30 or 40% Pact preparation. I was at the top lane, the first two champions had been slain and I was literally about ready to follow the siege carrier up to the end of the lane when BOOM totally random d/c. Simply got kicked back to the login screen. I managed to get back into the same map as I happened to be in a party with a guildie, but my dead body was about 3000 units distance away from where I was standing when the client D/C (behind a wall, down a cliff, so I wasn’t simply tossed aside by a terragriff or anything).

Despite trying to run back as fast as I could, I didn’t make it into the vinewrath room, the champ was slain and I got no credit whatsoever so missed out on the big chest and didn’t get my second mordrem extraction piece.

Since the first patch yesterday (19th May) I have had 3 random client D/Cs, two of which have been in the Silverwastes right at the end of the event chain… you know, the bit the whole map is solely geared towards. I understand that this is just a game and I shouldn’t be so frustrated, but the Silverwastes event chain is the sole purpose of that map. Take out the event chain and you have nothing, so losing out on the big prize at the end is incredibly aggravating.

Over all I would be far less upset by these sorts of disconnects if progress and contribution to events in maps was stored/remembered by the server, even if only for a short while, so that in the event of a short disconnect like the one I experienced just now I still get full credit.

But ultimately much more stringent bug testing needs to take place before patches go live. The number of utterly ridiculous bugs that have been introduced into the game over the last few months is utterly laughable. From a textureless Great Jungle Wurm, to mesmers not being able to play PvP, to widespread server crashes and random player D/Cs, the game is increasingly becoming literally unplayable, and it is shattering the confidence I and other players have in the competence of ANet.