Daily Achievement not awarding

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Steele.8509

Steele.8509

I have been noticing since yesterday that the Daily completion AP was not awarding properly. Yesterday I only got 5APs instead of the normal 10AP today, I was awarded 0AP for the completion.

attached is the link of the before and after screen caps of today.
http://imgur.com/a/BK7Kw

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

You’ve probably hit the cap – 15,000 AP total from dailies and the old monthlies.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Yep, They have a cap and you have passed it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily

Steele.8509

I see. Thanks for the info. Now this gives another valid reason to quit playing the game.

(edited by Steele.8509)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I see. Thanks for the info. Now this gives another valid reason to quit playing the game.

You don’t need a “valid reason” to quit the game. It’s your free time — use it as you like. Anyhow, sounds like a good time for break, if all you’re doing is signing in for AP.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Steele.8509

You don’t need a “valid reason” to quit the game. It’s your free time — use it as you like. Anyhow, sounds like a good time for break, if all you’re doing is signing in for AP.

Yes that’s true. I really do need a break from 4 yrs of GW2 playing continuously. The valid reason is for my self justification to keep my self accountable since I publicly declared it.

I have tried to stop playing lots of times but kept logging back in like an addiction, one of the main reasons was not doing the dailies feels like a waste of the AP opportunities.

I am not a hard core player (although the AP points may appear to say otherwise) that has to get all the APs done that will require me lots of effort. 90% of the APs I accumulated are from the easy ones.

Posted by: Mercury.9784

Mercury.9784

Wow there’s an interesting implication to this. There is a hard maximum of achievement points, and if you failed to get any of the historicals, you will never be able to reach that maximum.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Wow there’s an interesting implication to this. There is a hard maximum of achievement points, and if you failed to get any of the historicals, you will never be able to reach that maximum.

Technically, yes: people who start today will always be unable to obtain the retired and historical achievements.

On a practical basis, though, very few people are affected by this. ANet adds new achievement points more often than they retire them and very few people come close to completing even all the achievements in their favorite gaming mode (let alone the others). Or in other words, people’s own choices are (mostly) more limiting than ANet’s changes to the game.

Dailies will always be the easiest source of AP in the game, so I support the idea that the cap should include some sort of “value of loyalty” boost (sort of the parallel to a “cost of living” adjustment).

The theory would be:

• ANet aims to add a minimum amount of AP per year.
  • When it falls short, they would increase the cap to make up the deficit.

That said, I’m not sure how much time ANet should spend worrying about this, never mind trying to adjust it. I’m not going to keep playing the game if the only thing interesting to do is completing dailies.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”