Daily Completionist / 10 Point Achievement

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: EagleVii.9145

EagleVii.9145

Anyone notice Daily Completionist is not giving the 10 AP?

No option for in-game bug report interface or find a search match in forums under terms daily, completionist, and/or achievement. Guessing this has been going on a week or two…

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You reached the AP cap for dailies/monthlies.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If your Daily total and Monthly total AP amount adds up to 15,000, then you have reached the cap and can no longer gain Achievement Points from regular Dailies.

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

just adding this:
If you have not reached flat 15k via the total sum of daily + monthly points, you won’t get the leftover points, because the game only awards 10AP or nothing at all.
This means you could be left with 14991 to 14999 points for the total.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

just adding this:
If you have not reached flat 15k via the total sum of daily + monthly points, you won’t get the leftover points, because the game only awards 10AP or nothing at all.
This means you could be left with 14991 to 14999 points for the total.

That’s …awkward. Sigh.

I really wish ANet would finally:

• Create notifications, one to warn people about to hit the cap and the other to let people know they are at the cap.
  • Change the display so that it adds up the monthly and daily and compares it to the cap.
  • And now, aware people the last 1-9 points — it’s not much, but, you know, feelz badd mahn.

tl;dr ANet instituted the cap; the least they could do is incorporate it into the UI.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Silencer.7614

Silencer.7614

Personally I don’t understand the need for a cap. People that have been loyally playing the game for nearly 4 years should get the same rewards that a new player gets. After all they have achievement chests already setup for thousands of points higher then the highest player in the game has reached, so why not let everyone work towards them instead on penalizing loyal daily players.

RoseofGilead.8907

Personally I don’t understand the need for a cap. People that have been loyally playing the game for nearly 4 years should get the same rewards that a new player gets. After all they have achievement chests already setup for thousands of points higher then the highest player in the game has reached, so why not let everyone work towards them instead on penalizing loyal daily players.

New players aren’t getting anything we (veteran players) didn’t get. We got 15k AP from dailies/monthlies. New players are getting 15k AP for dailies. It’s equal. We all still get the gold, mats, and exp items from doing the dailies, too.

Posted by: Silencer.7614

Silencer.7614

We are both doing daily’s today, a new player gets 2g and 10 ap, a capped vet player gets 2g for doing the same work. How is that the same?

RoseofGilead.8907

We are both doing daily’s today, a new player gets 2g and 10 ap, a capped vet player gets 2g for doing the same work. How is that the same?

Again, we got 15k AP for dailies/monthlies. New players are getting 15k for dailies. It’s equal.

As a side note, veteran players were able to get many, many AP that new players won’t ever be able to get because they weren’t playing during past events. So, as far as gaining AP goes, I think veterans come out better than new players (for now).

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Considering all the lamentations on the forums when there was no cap, I think ArenaNet probably listened to the playerbase on that one.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

New players aren’t getting anything we (veteran players) didn’t get. We got 15k AP from dailies/monthlies. New players are getting 15k AP for dailies. It’s equal. We all still get the gold, mats, and exp items from doing the dailies, too.

Yes but veteran players are ahead because of the time spent since launch, why should someone who started the game 3 years later ( or a causal 5 hours a week player ) beable to catch us, we have funded and supported Anet for 3 years, I HATE that because I have played since Launch and that someone later came along and cried because they couldn’t catch up that ANET deemed the best idea to restrict veteran players,

I am approx. 150 days out from that cap, and when I hit it, I wont log in again until anet revise it, if Anet wish to continue to restrict veteran players then so be, I will no longer be that player.

The fact that this is being brought up more and more and more as ppl hit this cap, and ANET still do not respond to it, sadly this looks like it will need to be another reddit campaign to get Anet to respond.

This would be like me asking for PvP rewards/achievements to be removed, as I don’t play PvP so why should they get something that I don’t.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It wasn’t put in effect so ‘new’ players could catch up, as no matter how long they play, they can never catch up to launch/first year Veterans. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a thread from some ‘new’ player demanding the Daily AP be capped so they could ‘catch up’. It was because some ‘veteran’ players were lamenting the amount of time it took to complete all the Dailies, so they could stay ahead on the Leaderboard. Which is also the reason for the 3 Daily/10 AP per day change.

Best of luck on your game adventuring.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)