Daily Log In Chest Did Not Appear

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Khorenth.6419

Khorenth.6419

Q:

I was playing on my GW2 account when the switchover to a new daily completionist happened. The new dailies showed up but not the chest. I could choose the new dailies from the hero screen. My character was alive and well at the time. Did I somehow make an error? Thank you.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A:

Once the chest appears on your screen (as soon as you log in), it is soul-bound to whatever character you have logged in with. It does not matter if you click it, ignore it, look at it, and save it (with the little return arrow) for later, …or anything else.

It can not be retrieved (or even seen) and/or used with any character but that one with which you first logged in.

Sorry for your loss.

Posted by: NecroWyrm.5476

NecroWyrm.5476

Hello. I was unable to get my login chest today. I was going to delete a low level necro Character and start a asura one. Well I got my items transfered over but I did not open my Daily chest. I deleted the older Character and now I can not open my daily. Its not dancing on bottom left of screen. And I cant not click on anything in the achievements screen. Would really appreciate some help.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Sorry as soon as you accept the chest it becomes soulbound to that charater. If you delete the charater it is on without opening it you will not be able to get another one. Although this will not mess up your progression, that chest from today’s daily is gone and you will be unable to get it back.

Posted by: NecroWyrm.5476

NecroWyrm.5476

I would understand that but I didnt ever click on the chest.

Posted by: DragonFlykm.8621

DragonFlykm.8621

I was playing a key run character and the reset must of happened. So when I deleted the character I didn’t open the chest and get my reward for the day.

Now I can’t get it on any character. Is there a way I can get it today, or did I miss it now and have to wait for tomorrow?

DragonFlykm.8621

I think you might have a similiar problem to me but I think yours is fixable. Try checking all you chars as it might be on one of them. As for me, I was running a key char and deleted it and now I think I missed the chest till tomorrow.

Try this post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Can-not-get-my-daily-log-in-Chest/first#post4749284

(edited by DragonFlykm.8621)

DragonFlykm.8621

Once the chest appears on your screen (as soon as you log in), it is soul-bound to whatever character you have logged in with. It does not matter if you click it, ignore it, look at it, and save it (with the little return arrow) for later, …or anything else.

It can not be retrieved (or even seen) and/or used with any character but that one with which you first logged in.

Sorry for your loss.

Your info is very useful and I think you are completely right. I was doing a key run char and the daily popped up. I didn’t touch it at all. Then I deleted my char when I was done thinking I can get the chest on my main as always. But since it is soulbound like you claim. Looks like I missed it too. I know next time at least.

DragonFlykm.8621

Just been logging in as I do everyday for the daily chest. Yesterday I said to my brother that the 4 week reward is up tomorrow and he kept claiming that he just got it today.

It is now the next day and I just got that one.

I just wondering if somehow I am a day behind as in the original assumption, you just miss that chest on that day.

(edited by DragonFlykm.8621)