Daily Reset Bugged

Daily Reset Bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

(edit)
I hope this is addressed soon. I don’t even want to play the game anymore because all of the things I like to do – fractals, dungeons, world bosses, teq, triple trouble – won’t give me a reward.

4 months later. I have started playing other games because I felt like ANet wasn’t taking my problem seriously – because I have a hard time believing that it would take 4 months if they were really investigating this game-breaking bug. I’m not a game programmer and I could be wrong about that assumption, but I’m several leagues past annoyed already.

I’m still checking every couple of weeks just because I know this game can be really great. I think I’m just frustrated because obtaining rewards already felt like going to a job and now I don’t even get that.

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Tevmyrn.7326

Tevmyrn.7326

My account is now bugged as well, and has been for 6 days. Unlike what’s been reported above, it seems to be my Ranger main that’s taken the hit.

Support told me that they were aware of and addressing the issue, and to keep an eye on the forums for an official post.

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

Hello,

One small bit of data: so far, and until proven wrong, it seems that I avoid the bug (4 days in a row, quite an achievement) when I 1st log in on my character “Sagitarius Viridus”. It is located in The Grove, was created about two month ago if I remember correctly and has not really been played since.
Still investigating this as well as the last log off details.

Regards

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Thistle.7692

Thistle.7692

I have a dumb question, but what category do you report a monthly achievement failure to reset under? It doesn’t seem to fit in any category that I look at in the report options? There have been numerous bugs that I never reported for this same reason, so perhaps I am missing something?

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have a dumb question, but what category do you report a monthly achievement failure to reset under? It doesn’t seem to fit in any category that I look at in the report options? There have been numerous bugs that I never reported for this same reason, so perhaps I am missing something?

I would choose ‘In-game Issue’ and ‘Achievement Problem’. Seems appropriate. =)

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Thistle.7692

Thistle.7692

‘In game issue’ doesn’t come up in my in-game bug report option menu. I wondered why there wasn’t such an option, though I had looked for it.

Daily Reset Bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

‘In game issue’ doesn’t come up in my in-game bug report option menu. I wondered why there wasn’t such an option, though I had looked for it.

In-game Bug Reports do not engender any response, as noted on the bug report window. The conversations above reference submitting a ticket to Customer Support.
Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request.

Good luck.

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: shinjoku.2938

shinjoku.2938

it’s been just under 2 weeks now since i last posted, i don’t even care about the dailys anymore a new patch today and the monthly isn’t even fixed, i want my monthly or the laurels at least.

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: BigSexyBear.1627

BigSexyBear.1627

Has there been an update on this at all? I’ve just checked around the forums and couldn’t see one.
I’m really itching to play my ranger because of the new feature pack

Daily Reset Bugged

BigSexyBear.1627

So I caved and went on my ranger, today I didn’t get a daily reset lol. Serves me right for wanting to play the game!!

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Danae.9206

Danae.9206

My acct. is doing the same thing and has been for about 2+ weeks now. It is not just the daily but monthly achievements did not reset either. I have made and sent a report to Anet and they have told me they are looking into what is causing this issue. It seems like they could just do a manual reset for the ones that are having this issue. Anyway, I am losing achievement, skill points and laurels while I wait. I noticed on the big update just the other day that a lot of bugs got fixed so I thought that since this was a very big bug that this one would be on the fixed list in the update notes but it was not. This should be a priority bug to get fixed imo. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: XomRhoK.8109

XomRhoK.8109

I was hoping this update will fix reset problem, but it’s not. Just checked. So for me don’t reset: daily and monthly achievements, quartz crystal formations, charged quartz crystals, ascended materials. It’s global timer reset problem for account/character. I wrote ticket to support 2 months ago, and they say ‘Known issue, still being worked on’ For me this problem last for 2.5 months, but i didn’t play for 2 months before it. For some players it maybe 4 months problem that broke large part of the game, and all we have it message from Social Media Coordinator:

Ouch, I’m sorry this is still affecting some of you. I am going to see if we can find out what’s up with it. Thanks to those of you who provided so much information and have been so patient!

Daily Reset Bugged

shinjoku.2938

are we even going to get our laurels back or give us some? so much for crafting ascended armor/weapons i’m halfway done with armor and weapons and now i can’t even do anything the lack of response from my report and emails is such a fail i’m totally fedup

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

try login in with a different character first, I only have this bug if I am playing with my ele at reset or log in with it after reset

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Daily Reset Bugged

shinjoku.2938

try login in with a different character first, I only have this bug if I am playing with my ele at reset or log in with it after reset

i tried the logging in with a different character did my daily then it wouldn’t reset on that character then another character then another etc etc till i went on a character and there was no daily at all to try that trick anymore i’ve managed to get just 3 laurels in 2 weeks trying that and i have 11 characters and my monthly hasn’t been reset since last month

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Funnk.2375

Funnk.2375

This is so ridiculous. I came back to this game a month ago and got through 2 days of play time before this bug hit me. I play with my brother and a few friends. We liked to do fractals, dailies, and are all going for ascended gear. Guess what I can’t participate in effectively anymore? All of that. I understand games get bugs in them and need to be repaired; I understand from a development standpoint this might not be the easiest thing to track down, but it’s been over 4 months for some people and the last we heard from ANet was “Oh this is still going on, we’ll look into this”, really? Come on guys I’ve praised ANet to everyone I know since playing GW1 when Factions came out; now I’m started to feel silly. We can’t even get a proper response from you guys.

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Araleg.3152

Araleg.3152

Well im back, like many others i too have gave up and simply quit this game after 2200 hours. Knowing that the Devs are now aware and taking this seriously i will consider returning.

Im just glad to see that so many of you also have this problem, not that i would wish it upon anyone but this may have gone un-noticed if it wernt for all of you posting.

So thank you and thanks for the reply RubiBayer.

Daily Reset Bugged

shinjoku.2938

all these patches and you can’t fix this? i’m literally stuck, i can’t do high level fractals because i can’t make ascended items to slot AR as i’m not getting laurels, heck, i’m not even bothered about the fractals i can’t make ANYTHING ascended…

Daily Reset Bugged

XomRhoK.8109

And as someone mention i can’t create ingridients with timer for new living story backpack, cause this timers also don’t reset.

all these patches and you can’t fix this? i’m literally stuck, i can’t do high level fractals because i can’t make ascended items to slot AR as i’m not getting laurels, heck, i’m not even bothered about the fractals i can’t make ANYTHING ascended…

The biggest problem with things that don’t sell in trading post(reward for daily/monthly achievements, charged quartz crystals). Other stuff can be bought in trading post, including ascended materials. So if your ascended gear NOT celestial(like mine) you can create it. Difference in cost not so big, better to pay more and enjoy your play time. But for my character build i want Celestial ascended gear and i am stuck cause of Charged Quartz Crystalls, that can’t be bought =(

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Ryan Diederich

Previous

Ryan Diederich

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Hi guys, I’ve identified the bug that’s causing this. I’m really sorry this didn’t get fixed sooner.

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

i’m really curious to know what caused this bug

Daily Reset Bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hi guys, I’ve identified the bug that’s causing this. I’m really sorry this didn’t get fixed sooner.

That’s some fantastic news, Ryan! I’m sure all those players affected by this bug will be very appreciative and happy to hear this news. =)

Daily Reset Bugged

BigSexyBear.1627

All hail Ryan, thank you so much

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I’m not one of the people suffering from this bug (fourtunately), but I feel like those that have submitted tickets and been living with this bug for two months should recieve some compensation. Not being able to do dungeons, no dailies/monthlies, no hotjoin progression, no timegated crafting, no fractals…. That’s a pretty huge bug for them to have dealt with for so long. I feel sorry for you guys. :-(

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Next

I’m adding my own thanks here to Ryan and everyone else working on this. This is a weird bug, but we’re not abandoning you all to it. They’re working on getting this thing swatted.

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

If it’s not breaching too much on the code, can you tell us details about why this bug happened in the first place, if it’s complicated enough? Sounds like a story to tell.

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m not one of the people suffering from this bug (fourtunately), but I feel like those that have submitted tickets and been living with this bug for two months should recieve some compensation. Not being able to do dungeons, no dailies/monthlies, no hotjoin progression, no timegated crafting, no fractals…. That’s a pretty huge bug for them to have dealt with for so long. I feel sorry for you guys. :-(

I agree that it would be nice to do something for those that have suffered the bug. I can think of several ways to identify such accounts and a variety of different ways to help folks out, who weren’t able to gain certain daily (and monthly) benefits.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Daily Reset Bugged

Araleg.3152

I would like to thank RubiBayer for finaly getting this bug some attention and for Ryan Diederich and associates for looking into this issue.

As you can imagine, it was extremly hard to carry on playing with such a crushing bug plaguing our accounts. I once belived this would simply get forgotton about.

Im not sure if this fix is now live or when it will be applied so i will continue to test daily and post back here once i can confirm it has been resolved.

Many thanks =P
Araleg

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Daily Reset Bugged

BigSexyBear.1627

haha I was hoping the new build would fix this, thank you so much

Daily Reset Bugged

Gilgalas.7860

Daily Reset Bugged

shinjoku.2938

as much as this is a YAAAAY OMG FINALLY I CAN PROGRESS WITH ASCENDED CRAFTING AND FRACTALS WOOOHOO and much appreciated Ryan, really!!!……. am i/we the people who have had this problem going to get any kind of laurels for all the weeks missed and a monthly i haven’t been able to do as its been complete since the August??? because I’ve had 3 laurels in 4 weeks and people have already completed their monthly’s which i can’t even do.

Daily Reset Bugged

Araleg.3152

As an update, everything for me has reset as expected so thats great news. I’ll wait for a few more resets before i call victory just yet, but the bug seems as good as squashed =P.

Can anyone else suffering with this issue also confirm that all seems ok now?

Daily Reset Bugged

XomRhoK.8109

First i want to thanks RubiBayer and Ryan Diederich for giving attention to this bug.
Second this update didn’t fix this bug for me =) I just checked, after update and reset time.
I am realy glad that you work on it, and can give more information if needed or send another game report, or you just can check my account XomRhoK.8109

Daily Reset Bugged

Gilgalas.7860

I confirm too that the reset occured on a character that would have caused it to bug before. I will check some combinations of last before/first after character logged.

(edited by Gilgalas.7860)

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Might this issue also have affected the daily world boss chest? I have a character that never got the shatterer bonus chest on the days first, while my other characters did.

Daily Reset Bugged

XomRhoK.8109

Today it works for me!!!! Don’t know why it wasn’t yesterday after update.

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Timber Wolf.4308

Timber Wolf.4308

Hi, don’t know if this would fit here,
but me and some others, are having trouble with rhendak the crazed event.

We are going for him daily, but since 2 days he is not giving anymore the daily bonus chest neither the big chest on the floor (second chest is 1 per character/day).

Having said that, yesterday I killed him 6 times (4 of 6 tries were done with 4 different characters… I have not received any chest at all).

This seems to happen just after the latest patch.

Could you please have a review on that? I opened already 4 support tickets.

Thank you

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Seraphyel.6043

Seraphyel.6043

Sorry to bother but it seems that mine has not been reset yet. I’ve not logged in since last week and it still continues to be bugged. How am i gonna get my Charged Quartz like this?! Help pls!

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Virhe.9485

Virhe.9485

Ye same here same problem at Rhendak, I have 13 char there what is also splitted 2 different account and still missing that bigger chest. Been like this from patch when they said about fixing daily reset.

Daily Reset Bugged

Posted by: Timber Wolf.4308

Timber Wolf.4308

Well, I was expecting that after not connecting for 2 whole days (weekend) I would get my daily correctly reset. But I’m trying again rhendak and yet I’m not receiving any bonus chest (interface or floor).

1 guildie who suffered from the same issue (with 3 characters she was not receiving any chests) she confirmed that yesterday she received all chests available from Rhendak.

Me and a mate (both of us are having the issue) today we are not receiving the chests… with 2 different chars.. now we are going for the third character and see if we get some luck and receive the chest…..