Daily Tracker - Still Collapses

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

As title says, the daily tracker still collapses, it doesn’t stay open all the time (it’s random when it does collapse it seems).

Posted by: Kaybol.2596

Kaybol.2596

To me it doesn’t seem random, as it happens every time I complete an event. The event medal pops up, collapsing the daily tracker.

Posted by: Ryokuro.8125

Ryokuro.8125

It also doesn’t disappear from the screen when it’s completed.

Attachments:

Core i7 3770K OC’d @ 4.5Ghz ~Asus P8Z77 V-Deluxe
GTX980 Strix ~ 32GB RAM
Crucial m4 256Gb SSD ~ Seagate 1TB 7.2k RPM HDD

Posted by: Kat Dugan.1387

Kat Dugan.1387

Gameplay Programmer

The patch note on this was confusing. The Daily Tracker still collapses when other events and such pop up on the right side of the screen.

The way the feature works is that if the tracker auto-collapses it will auto-expand the next time you make progress in an achievement. Clicking to collapse will turn off the auto-expand behavior.

Achievements that are marked as favorites in the hero panel do not disappear from the list when completed. You can click on any achievement to open the hero panel to the selected achievement and uncheck the tracking box to clear it from the list.

Hope that helps!

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

The patch note on this was confusing. The Daily Tracker still collapses when other events and such pop up on the right side of the screen.

The way the feature works is that if the tracker auto-collapses it will auto-expand the next time you make progress in an achievement. Clicking to collapse will turn off the auto-expand behavior.

Argh, that’s unfortunate, though I suppose it’s a step in the right direction. That was one of my least favorite aspects of the daily tracker. I constantly had to re-expand it manually, and it looks like I’ll still have to.

Auto expanding whenever I enter an event, often one that I do not plan to participate in as I am just passing through, is annoying.

If it auto-expanded after leaving the DE, that’d be nice. But it’s only when we make progress in the achievement? I still have to re-expand it manually prior so that I remember everything that I need to do, or otherwise I may not even know what to make progress in.

Posted by: Tilion.4062

Tilion.4062

Kat, why don’t you guys make it work like that?

Maybe put a tick box on the corner of the tracker, so that you can choose on yourself if you want to pin it open or not.

Also, those dailies that get completed should dissapear from it. It was working like that before, why did you have to change it?

~~ DragonSeason.com ~~

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Just make it remember what I set it to. Please. Same with the personal story tracker.

If I expand it, stay expanded until I collapse it. If I collapse it, stay collapsed. Is this a technical issue? Is it really that hard to code up? Because it’s really one of the more annoying things about the whole tracker.

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

Thanks for the response, Kat, and I agree with others, please let us pin it perma-open if we choose

Posted by: Ryokuro.8125

Ryokuro.8125

Achievements that are marked as favorites in the hero panel do not disappear from the list when completed. You can click on any achievement to open the hero panel to the selected achievement and uncheck the tracking box to clear it from the list.

Hope that helps!

It does help! Thank you for such a quick reply

Core i7 3770K OC’d @ 4.5Ghz ~Asus P8Z77 V-Deluxe
GTX980 Strix ~ 32GB RAM
Crucial m4 256Gb SSD ~ Seagate 1TB 7.2k RPM HDD

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

It doesn’t seem to be working for me, even with this information in mind.

I am tracking the Weapon Master achievement for short bow kills (“Short-Bow Master”). An event popped up, and the achievement tracker collapsed. I killed things with a short bow for the event, and the tracker stayed collapsed. I got a gold medal for my participation in the event (dismissed that notification), and continued on. I killed several things, all by myself and all entirely with a short bow. The tracker stayed collapsed, even though I was making progress towards Short-Bow Master.

The event and monsters I was killing were all in Wayfarer Hills, and nothing special about anything I killed (no veterans or champions, even for the event).

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Hope that helps!

Is there a way to indicate how many items you would like to track in your Achievements Tracker?

E.g. I would like keep track of my 5 daily goals of the day that I’ve checked in addition to the 2 new Living Story achievements.. however, if I tick the 2 LS check boxes and then a selection of 5 dailies, my achievements tracker will only show my selected daily items, whereas I would ideally like to show all the items that I have ticked checkboxes for (i.e. all 7 achievements). Add to that, I might want to keep track of monthly achievements too, so is there a way you can let the user himself decide how many achievements they would like to keep track of in the Achievements tracker?

Since it collapses anyway when there’s other stuff going on, I think you could at least up the max limit (if it still is 5) to say, 15?

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

They’ve gone for the complex harder to design/program option. I’d prefer the KISS principle with these things, just make it stay in the state I left it. There’s absolutely no need to make it collapse/expand when it feels like it.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I’d prefer if the tracker would collapse only when I wanted it to… as would alot of people I guess. The limit of 5 displayed tracked items is really annoying as well…

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: DreadedX.9057

DreadedX.9057

This problem has been rectified to a point but it still chooses to collapse itself if dynamic events happen to pop up. It looks to me like when the objective window is getting full it collapses the daily achievement list to make room for any events. There needs to be a more rigorous line of code somewhere that makes the daily tracker fixed as it’s expanded and only collapsed if the player so chooses by clicking on it.