Daily carried over

Daily carried over

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SpaceRaccoon.9684

SpaceRaccoon.9684

Yesterday (2016-03-08) one of the dailies was Ascalon vista viewer, I did not do it but I added it to my watchlist. Today it was still in the watchlist even though it was not one of today’s dailies (rather Orr vista viewer was the daily). Nonetheless, I still did it and was awarded a Chest of the Hero, and a point towards the current daily meta. I also got these same rewards from Orr vista viewer as expected.

It seems that one of yesterday’s dailies somehow carried forward to today and I got daily completionist from only doing two of the current dailies.

Food for thought – perhaps a hiccup with the dailies is the reason people in this thread have reported losing 10AP

Daily carried over

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I also got a daily reward for doing Ascalon Vista Viewer today (March 9th). Difference is that it wasn’t in my list and I did that Vista yesterday and got a reward then. But still I should not had the daily reward today. Did a Krytan Vista too today (to check if it was a error with any vista) but that one did not counted for the daily.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Daily carried over

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

You get different dailies vs the level you are … i have several accounts and i noticed that the Ascalon vista viewer daily was present and on my list on my account with a lvl 45 ( highest on that account )

When i switched to my main account the Ascalon vista viewer was not in my list but i received the reward while doing Field of ruins map completion. .. So yes .. there is something that is definitively mixed up.

Daily carried over

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

It doesn’t have much to do with level. I also noticed it yesterday when I saw Ascalon Vista and Orr Vista in my tracker. I hadn’t done Ascalon one on the previous day but I had it in my tracker. I hadn’t time to test and see if it was going to give me rewards, I just learned that it did. O.o

Daily carried over

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

I’ve been getting credit for dailies that aren’t actually dailies today.

I just completed kryta vista viewer today, despite the fact that it is not on the rotation today. I did it in Kessex Hills, which is on the rotation today for event completer, but that’s not the achievement that updated.

Is this a new thing? It’s also possible this is happening because I am on an alt for the first time in these regions, perhaps?

Thanks.

Daily carried over

shadow.6174

Daily carried over

orenwolf.1953

confirmed here too.

Daily carried over

Posted by: ffletcher.3468

ffletcher.3468

Ssssssshhhhhhh!

Daily carried over

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

March 14, 2016

There was a ‘Daily Maguuma Wastes Miner’ achievement, so I went to Dry Top and completed that. A little later I went to my Norn home instance to gather from my nodes there and got an achievement chest for ‘Daily Shiverpeaks Miner’.

In the daily achievements section it shows I have 2/3 done but only the Maguuma Miner as completed.

Character name: Noob Insurance

Screenshots as proof.

Attachments:

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Daily carried over

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

And then after completing Daily Fractal I got the rewards for completing 3 dailies, even though I only had 2 completed that was in the list.

Attachments:

There’s something charming about rangers.

Daily carried over

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s not a bug…well not technically.

Lower level accounts, accounts without an 80 in them, don’t get the same dalies as low level accounts. Today for example, accounts with 80th level characters had maguuma wastes gathering, which obviously low level characters can’t do.

Those characters got shiverpeakes mining instead. So if you do one of the lower level ones, even though it doesn’t appear on your list, it still counts as a daily.

You can find what the dailies are by going to the wiki, and see all the dailies. Even if you do an unlisted daily it counts toward your progress.

Daily carried over

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thanks for the reports, and thanks to those who talked about this with me last night in the game. I entered a zone and saw a conversation about this issue, and asked questions so I could write up a good report. Several players helped out — Panzerkamfwägen, Victoria Terrashade, Opal Soulfire — and their information was very useful as I shared their experiences and my own. (Imagine my surprise when I was outside the listed zone and still got credit for logging! That’s seems unlikely intended behavior. )

The team is aware of this and will be analyzing the situation.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Daily carried over

orenwolf.1953

Thanks, Gaile!

/15char

Daily carried over

Posted by: darkwarrior.6102

darkwarrior.6102

To add to this, it looks like the Dailies page on the wiki is picking up the “hidden” dailies.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily

PvE Daily Queensdale Event Completer
PvE Daily Kryta Vista Viewer
PvE Daily Shiverpeaks Miner
PvE Daily Fractal
PvE Daily Great Jungle Wurm
PvE Daily Kessex Hills Event Completer
PvE Daily Maguuma Wastes Miner

Are all listed for today; the first three are grayed out on the wiki, and don’t appear in-game, but are awarding credit for completion (I tested it, got credit for Kryta vista viewer, Queensdale Event completer, and Shiverpeaks Miner, and doing those three got me Completionist). The next four are showing on the wiki in normal font, and are appearing in game and functioning as normal.

Daily carried over

shadow.6174

It’s not a bug…well not technically.

Lower level accounts, accounts without an 80 in them, don’t get the same dalies as low level accounts. Today for example, accounts with 80th level characters had maguuma wastes gathering, which obviously low level characters can’t do.

Those characters got shiverpeakes mining instead. So if you do one of the lower level ones, even though it doesn’t appear on your list, it still counts as a daily.

You can find what the dailies are by going to the wiki, and see all the dailies. Even if you do an unlisted daily it counts toward your progress.

Nop, it’s a bug. The dailies for low level accounts were never counted for high level ones, either you get one or another. Also in this case, both dailies were visible in the tracker and not only rewardable (yup, for me I had 2 vista achievements in my tracker a few days ago, one from the previous day that I hadn’t completed then why it was in my tracker, plus that day’s current one. Was it coincidence that lower lvl got the same one that high lvl got on the previous day? Who knows).

Daily carried over

shadow.6174

To add to this, it looks like the Dailies page on the wiki is picking up the “hidden” dailies.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily

PvE Daily Queensdale Event Completer
PvE Daily Kryta Vista Viewer
PvE Daily Shiverpeaks Miner
PvE Daily Fractal
PvE Daily Great Jungle Wurm
PvE Daily Kessex Hills Event Completer
PvE Daily Maguuma Wastes Miner

Are all listed for today; the first three are grayed out on the wiki, and don’t appear in-game, but are awarding credit for completion (I tested it, got credit for Kryta vista viewer, Queensdale Event completer, and Shiverpeaks Miner, and doing those three got me Completionist). The next four are showing on the wiki in normal font, and are appearing in game and functioning as normal.

The ones grayed out in the wiki are the ones for low level accounts, as Vayne mentioned above. Those achievement should never appear for high level accounts neither be rewardable. Wiki shows all them just for reference.

Daily carried over

Posted by: darkwarrior.6102

darkwarrior.6102

The ones grayed out in the wiki are the ones for low level accounts, as Vayne mentioned above. Those achievement should never appear for high level accounts neither be rewardable. Wiki shows all them just for reference.

shrug Be that as it may, I got credit for all of them on my lvl 80 elementalist. Just adding my experience, for what it’s worth

Daily carried over

shadow.6174

*shrug* Be that as it may, I got credit for all of them on my lvl 80 elementalist. Just adding my experience, for what it’s worth

I got it and it’s good to share what you are experiencing. It’s just that I wanted to point out why those appeared that way in the Wiki.

Daily carried over

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Anyone else not able to see ANY of the dailies on the wiki now?

When I check that page now, none show – hidden or normal.

ps. Not to put my tinfoil hat on, but I find it incredibly suspicious that the day after this is reported the daily list vanishes from the wiki.

But I found an alternate list anyway.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

(edited by MashMash.1645)

Daily carried over

shadow.6174

Yup, for me the list is gone too. I tried to purge server cache (through the link provided in the wiki) with no result. In fact, that list is generated from the official API then possibly that API endpoint may have been temporarily taken down maybe.

Edit: oh nvm, purging cache brought it back, the list is being shown for me now.

Daily carried over

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

The wiki page didn’t work for me right now – neither purging the cache nor reloading the page helped. Also, I got the Krytan Lumberer achievement this morning although the gathering achievement in the daily list is the Maguuma Wastes Lumberer.

Daily carried over

shadow.6174

The wiki page didn’t work for me right now – neither purging the cache nor reloading the page helped. Also, I got the Krytan Lumberer achievement this morning although the gathering achievement in the daily list is the Maguuma Wastes Lumberer.

Wiki had been going under maintenance and some stuff has broken with the last update, the Daily list there may not be so reliable for the next days though.

Daily carried over

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

LOL, this is absurd, I just got the Completionist for doing 2/3, the ’chieve page shows 3/3 yet only 2 are shown as complete.

(edited by Kerin.9125)

Daily carried over

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

LOL, this is absurd, I just got the Completionist for doing 2/3, the ’chieve page shows 3/3 yet only 2 are shown as complete.

If you check the Daily page in the Wiki, you will likely find you completed one of the low-level account Achievements, such as Kryta Gatherer, or such. The bug in question is that the low-level account Achievements are counting for high-level accounts, at this time.

Good luck.

Daily carried over

Posted by: Ilmatar.6709

Ilmatar.6709

This happened to me today 18th of March, when I was doing my gathering and Hero point hunting. First I got Krytan Forager, then Krytan Vista Viewer and then “real” daily Orr Forager.

All my characters in this account are level 80’s. So I got some “ghost” dailies today done. So yes, there is definetly some bug in the dailies.

I don’t know is there any help from there, but here are the pictures from my daily page. These pictures are taken before I have done Orr Forager.

Attachments: