Daily reset wiped mount and previous mastery

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

With the daily reset, I found that all my obtained PoF mastery points were cleared and my mount ability is gone as well. Prior to the daily reset, I had obtained 3 mastery points, and trained up the 1st two mount skills.

I can recapture the mastery points, but it’s not clear how to regain the mount ability. It was unlocked during the intro story, but I there’s no green quest marker to retry that.

Per map discussion, other players had this happen as well. No one seems to know of a way to fix it.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

(edited by Kalendraf.9521)

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Same here. When logging into the map it indicated that I had two hearts done and several views. Once in the map I could see the views I had gotten but the hearts and PoF mastery points I had earned and used were gone. When I open the mastery points the Crystal Desert one is now showing locked. Also my mount is gone.

Kalendraf.9521

The heart where you train raptors or get food for them also seems to be broken by this. I can kill crabs, but it won’t let me put the crab meat into the baskets, nor can I offer the food to the raptors.

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

Exact same issue here.

Posted by: enigma.4873

enigma.4873

Came to report the same, consider this my report than.

“I don’t have any skeletons in my closet. I do however, have my own necropolis.”

Simply Vexed 80 Reaper / HOD / [CHEF/TAbS/BUTT]

Kalendraf.9521

It looks like some of my Crystal Oasis achievements were also wiped at daily reset:
- Bleached Bones
- Lost Lore of Crystal Oasis
- Crystal Oasis Champion Bounties
- Dune Rider (not surprising since the mount is lost)

Posted by: Balths Knight.9806

Balths Knight.9806

losing all the map progress wasn’t what really upset me… i was almost done with collecting all of the elonian weapon skins, thus i would have gotten the sunspear weapon skin. i put in tons of effort searching for sand piles to get keys to open chests…. betting on RNG for the skins that i didn’t already have unlocked. to take all that away is ridiculous…. TY ANET….

PS not giving mounts the ability to strafe…. worst mechanics on mount ever in any game…

yes i realise that when the BETA testing is over, all our progress means nothing in the real game….. but to me in person watching all my hard work get washed down the drain, TOTAL LET DOWN… you just lost a really wealthy players support… ANET can see my account and my accomplishments… They can see what im worth in game… I hope they realise how horrible the decision they made was….

(edited by Balths Knight.9806)

Posted by: Kilamanjaro.2705

Kilamanjaro.2705

Same problem, no mount or anything. Probably gonna abandon beta until pathced. Could mnake another toon, but my momentum is gone for now

Posted by: estellise.6725

estellise.6725

losing all the map progress wasn’t what really upset me… i was almost done with collecting all of the elonian weapon skins, thus i would have gotten the sunspear weapon skin. i put in tons of effort searching for sand piles to get keys to open chests…. betting on RNG for the skins that i didn’t already have unlocked. to take all that away is ridiculous…. TY ANET….

PS not giving mounts the ability to strafe…. worst mechanics on mount ever in any game…

yes i realise that when the BETA testing is over, all our progress means nothing in the real game….. but to me in person watching all my hard work get washed down the drain, TOTAL LET DOWN… you just lost a really wealthy players support… ANET can see my account and my accomplishments… They can see what im worth in game… I hope they realise how horrible the decision they made was….

You do realize how whiny you sound, right?

It’s a beta test. Not everything is going to work properly. The purpose of the beta is to figure out where the large-scale errors are so they can fix them. Grow up and cut them some slack. This is the first time they are implementing mounts into any of their games, so of course it’s not going to work perfectly right away. We all are having beta characters reset. It’s an issue that I’m sure they know about and are working on.

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Same here, all that progress and gear swapping, feelsbadman [come back mount].

Posted by: alan.5863

alan.5863

Just wanna throw my hat in the ring here. I lost Path of Fire mastery points, mastery progression, and of course, the raptor mount. I’m sure this is just a silly unanticipated bug due to the fact that the expansion isn’t actually live yet.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Same here, husband and I both made characters before reset then went and did normal content for reset and came back to having lost all map progress and no mounts.

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

Played yesterday past where you get your mount and can dye it. Today no MOUNT, not attached to character, no X side box, not shown in dye panel. It’s just gone. I am standing at the Askim heart. Tried to complete that again, on foot, and it won’t let me interact with the food.

Curious if anyone else having this problem changed the mount key bindings, and if that has anything to do with missing mount? I remapped mine.

(edited by Zoria.1392)

Kalendraf.9521

Did not remap keys. The issue seems tied to daily reset wiping progress, which includes the first story where you get the mount

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

Same thing happened here, Very annoying.

Kalendraf.9521

Would be nice to get an update from the devs on this. If the bug is tied to daily reset, then all new demo characters created since last reset are likely to encounter this at today’s reset, and that might be a much larger pool of players than yesterday.

Lyger.5429

Can we get an update on this please? As someone said would suck if it happened again.

Posted by: David Jackson

David Jackson

Content Programmer

We tracked down an error happening on a couple servers last night and we believe it’s responsible for demo character progress being wiped. Those servers have been taken down so we don’t believe the wipe will happen again and there is no risk to non-demo characters.

If your character is unable to progress you may have to create a new demo character to play through the story again, though both demo characters should have access to the raptor for the weekend once it is unlocked for either.

Lyger.5429

We tracked down an error happening on a couple servers last night and we believe it’s responsible for demo character progress being wiped. Those servers have been taken down so we don’t believe the wipe will happen again and there is no risk to non-demo characters.

If your character is unable to progress you may have to create a new demo character to play through the story again, though both demo characters should have access to the raptor for the weekend once it is unlocked for either.

Good to know, thank you!

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I created a new demo character today and was able to complete everything with no issues. Thanks for the quick response!

Kalendraf.9521

Thanks for the update. I created a 2nd demo character and ran it through the intro, and now both characters have access to their mounts.

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

For people who did the beginning story and had it wiped away can you add an option for the demo to skip the 1st story part and to go to the map so we don’t have to re-repeat it?