December 3 Patch Issues

December 3 Patch Issues

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Darkseal.3978

Darkseal.3978

Dear ANet,

How about warn players and/or avoid broke all tPvP when applying these patches? This is like the 5th time we lose our Tournys that way….

Just wondering if you guys are at least aware of the disservice you always create in the mists when doing so.

Uncool, Guardian
Shasda, Necromancer
Darkseal, Thief

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: Alysara.6194

Alysara.6194

Yeah this is really annoying. Why apply a patch at 10:30pm when servers are busy? Can’t you wait until 3am like sensible MMOs do?

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

“Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players’ minions and NPCs.”
I’m sorry… but are you kitten’ kidding me?!?! I HOPE that’s a typo…

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

It is a typo and has been fixed: sorry for the confusion!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: Darkseal.3978

Darkseal.3978

Yeah this is really annoying. Why apply a patch at 10:30pm when servers are busy? Can’t you wait until 3am like sensible MMOs do?

They could just shutdown the tournament NPC and wait for all tournys to finish before applying the patch…. Or something like that.

BTW: Astonishing (yet unbelievable) update as of 00:34 CET.

Dear ANet,

you managed to ruin two tournaments in a single evening by appling not one, but two patches. Keep it up guys, you can still do 3.

Or 4.

Uncool, Guardian
Shasda, Necromancer
Darkseal, Thief

(edited by Darkseal.3978)

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: Natas.5486

Natas.5486

Ascalonion catacombs detha still has problem fixing the cannons on the 2nd path,

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Your tournament or fixing possible game-breaking exploits?

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

Public Test servers and actual quality control would prevent ArenaNet from designing so many exploits that they then need to patch up.

As Darkseal above mentioned, there could be ways to stop people from using the Tourny NPC, or entering Dungeons, while waiting a short period for them to complete. And a note in-game that a patch is coming would allow people to prepare.

There is so much wrong.

The Ice Wall in the frozen fractal wouldn’t melt.
The colossus frac boss wouldn’t spawn the mobs to charge the hammer.
Jumping is broken.
The first fractal of the night kicked our party back to the ‘waiting room’ area with the Asura and didn’t send us to the next.

Only played for about 2 hours (cause the simple frac run was that broken) and gave up. I don’t have any more patience tonight to bug test the game.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Public Test servers and actual quality control would prevent ArenaNet from designing so many exploits that they then need to patch up.

I hear rumors that ANet has them, they just don’t pay attention.

At this point I have no hope that ANet will actually produce a patch that doesn’t introduce terrible game-breaking bugs. I just hope they make a patch-rollback system next.

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’d imagine many patches would incur more resources, time and costs as well?

patiently waiting for the day when ANet eventually fixes all bugs, especially those that have been present since day one. those are hinder progress or stop events. this goes for ALL DE’s, skillpoints, NPCs bugging out, dungeons and or temple events. and now heavily affecting tPvP even.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: Ceemo.7431

Ceemo.7431

It is a typo and has been fixed: sorry for the confusion!

any reply for the torunaments situation?

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: Takayuki.7485

Takayuki.7485

This was quite a frustrating patch yes. The two things I noticed most were:

The Colossus Fractal is broken now. I’m glad they made it so you can’t bug the boss both battles and damage the seal etc, however, the last part is just too broken. The boss is hard enough but the mobs just do not spawn at all. If you’re lucky you can trigger some by wiping, beating down the boss to an invulnerable state again, and then pray for mobs. Even at this point though, I’m not sure exactly what the issue was, but the boss is just ridiculous and especially frustrating as Fractal 3. Please fix this ASAP as FotM was an amazing addition in my opinion.

Jumping is also completely broken. Have had many may people falling at both the Harpy fractal and the Jade Maw fractal (among other places), but those 2 fractals are where this bug really shines.

Hoping for a quick fix with this but otherwise keep up the great work with Guild Wars 2!

December 3 Patch Issues

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

I hear rumors that ANet has them, they just don’t pay attention.

At this point I have no hope that ANet will actually produce a patch that doesn’t introduce terrible game-breaking bugs. I just hope they make a patch-rollback system next.

What Anet has is private and smallscale. It’s why everything is missed (obvious bugs). Because there are not enough testers to make sure all content is working with regular population levels.

Public ones mean everyone signs up and floods a test server. First come, first serve. When full, people can’t get in, just like our normal servers now. That server and character progress is throw-away (like beta). It only exists to test new patches. Why would we players bother? One is we like helping. It is just plain sincerity. Two is we have an incentive to see sneak peaks and plan how we will do it with our main characters.

It works on other games, making patches with zero bugs.

I expected bugs at release and a while for them to close. I did not expect new bugs released with every new patch or piece of content. I’m not used to such low quality. I can understand it, and rationalize “oh, GW2 is still new, and it will be fixed”…. but I can only chant that so many times….

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.