Defeat Utcua Skill Challenge Cannot be Completed [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

Same skillpoint (Loch Jezt) on Tarnished Coast, but he’s missing rather than dead. He was dead prior to the September 25 patch, and has been MIA since then.

Same on Tarnished Coast- was a body, now he’s missing. Which I suppose is better than the frog on his back with his tongue lolling out

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

Same bug on Henge of Denravi. My asura elementalist has been waiting a week or more to finish his starter zone, and I went back to that location yesterday to see if the bug had been fixed; it had not.

joe.7684

I thought I would attach a screenshot of the bugged skill challenge as it exists this morning. The NPC hylek chief is now lying dead well inside the enclosure, whereas befroe the patch it was lying dead at the entrance. This has been going on for well over a week, since I started playing my Asura character actively.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kinesin.1478

Kinesin.1478

I thought the patch would have fixed this. Guess not.

Posted by: Face Sploder.4079

Face Sploder.4079

Still broken, so I wanted to resurrect this thread ( posted this a while ago) The problem still remains, so rather then making a new thread every 3 minutes I decided to bump this one back up in hopes of an official response to at least accept the problem, that way we know it’s being worked on and won’t have to keep complaining.

Posted by: Whiskeyjack.3198

Whiskeyjack.3198

Just wanted to go ahead and add my two cents that this skill challenge is broken on Jade Quarry as well – hasn’t been working for about a week.

Posted by: Osborn.4891

Osborn.4891

any news today?

Posted by: cross.7254

cross.7254

The frog is still dead can not complete skill point challenge.

Posted by: Nokivaris.3097

Nokivaris.3097

the frog man is dead so can’t be talked to to do the challenge. Blacktide

Posted by: Decks.8716

Decks.8716

Ditto- Isle Of Janthir

Posted by: Bignose.4159

Bignose.4159

Also bugged on Ring of Fire for at least a day now.

Posted by: Solaria.8049

Solaria.8049

Server: Dragonbrand
Profession: Warrior
Level: 80
Not Grouped

Walked to the Skill Challenge to see his body laying there with the Skill Challenge marker above it, but no event listed as going on, broken or otherwise, just his body and nothing else.

edit: you can see my warbanner there where I tried in desperation to fix the skill challenge by ressing him lol, clearly it didn’t work.

Attachments:

Posted by: Martijn.9814

Martijn.9814

Same problem on Fissure Of Woe, Utcua is not spawned.

Posted by: GreyFreeman.2516

GreyFreeman.2516

Ditto – Tarnished Coast. Actually, he’s not there at all.

[TC][HFC] Aedin
“Hopeless? Why, very well!
But a man does not fight merely to win!”

Posted by: Decks.8716

Decks.8716

24hours later and it’s still dead…

Posted by: Rzhaman.8275

Rzhaman.8275

Still broken @ Aurora Glade.

Posted by: Revan.7032

Revan.7032

I’ve been through that area several times over the last few days as well and this issue remains.

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

Also dead @ Far Shiverpeaks for over a week now, very frustrating considering this is the only thing I need to do for World Completion :\

Although I have no idea if this is possible from a technical standpoint; it’d be nice if Skill Point NPC’s were ressurectable by players.

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Lethal Stranger.5093)

Posted by: VividInsight.6341

VividInsight.6341

Same for Eredon Terrace, Utcua is dead.

Posted by: Krhom.7210

Krhom.7210

I can confirm this Skill Challenge is still bugged on Jade Sea and Aurora Glade. It’s the only thing that keeps me from 100% world completion.

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Broken on Piken Square also. Tbh getting tired of these kinda stuck events/Quest’s and skill challenges being left unfixed for Days/Weeks.

Posted by: Catma.5468

Catma.5468

Still dead on Sorrow’s forge.

You gotta hire more bug-fixers, guys. Almost two weeks.

Posted by: Jaws Of Doom.4915

Jaws Of Doom.4915

Same on Crystal Desert server.

Posted by: Vithaar.8637

Vithaar.8637

Locj Jezh – tarnished coast

75 people doing /cry

Posted by: Andronis.3926

Andronis.3926

This is freakin ridiculous. If you can’t fix 1 stupid event for map completion, just remove it entirely. And I would like a refund on waypoint travel to go check it as well.

Posted by: Tajah.8142

Tajah.8142

OMG… I waited an entire week for this.

The RESET allows only ONE PERSON to get the skill point. Then it is broke AGAIN. There are currently 50 people standing around hoping for a fix, that isn’t coming. Come on ArenaNet… can we please get this fixed?

Looking For A Classic Guild
Warrior 80/400/400 Armor/Jewelry

Posted by: AlySedai.6147

AlySedai.6147

This really is ridiculous. Can we PLEASE get this fixed?

Posted by: The Opal Prince.7604

The Opal Prince.7604

Not till next Monday, or the one after.

Boy, update schedules sure are helpful to the customer and don’t burden us. Good thing they don’t do sporadic updates because that would ruin the experience so heavily.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

I’m pretty angry over this. Especially since I’m standing here with people saw a necromancer (whose name I cannot, alas, repeat here) who laughed about bugging the skill point.

We have DOZENS of players who can’t get map completion because of this bug.

I normally don;t rant at games; you won;t find any rants from me anywhere else. I’m a software developer myself; been one for thirty years.

And this sort of simple game-stopping bug should be a huge embarrassment to ANet.

We’re owed an explanation.

Posted by: Solstice.2831

Solstice.2831

Also very upset at this. I may not be nearing any level of completion, but this feels almost… depressing. Did anything actually get changed in the bug fix patch, or did you just reset it?

Quite frankly, I find myself getting rather angry about this. I waited patiently, figuring it would be fixed. Now I wonder if… weeks down the road, with my toon at 99% completion… if I don’t log in within seconds of a so-called ‘fix’, I’ll be forced to wait another week.

So no, it’s not as if I’m waiting so I can get 100% completion. But I’m watching many, many others who are upset and wanting to actually get that last skill point.

(edited by Solstice.2831)

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

This is unacceptable. Patience is wearing thin , your paying customers want to finish content they have been waiting for for a month or more , 5 mins into your “fix” ppl have destroyed any chance of completion . Don’t undermine the entire development of this game and your years of work over stupid little problems that you offer no feedback on nor reassurance . Don’t fix it in a next patch rewrite it NOW! No one will cry over a small sub patch they will cry over another week of waiting or potentially uninstall

Always in all ways

joe.7684

I just arrived at Loch Jezt all ready to finish this area (which I’ve been waiting for since last week) and the skill challenge is still broken. I’ve already submitted a bug report but I wanted to make my opinion known here. This really is out of order, particularly when you’ve fixed so many other skill challenges and events. You need to get on this right now even if you have to do a hotfix.

Sytherek.7689

I’m a 30+ year veteran of software development, big systems for big corporations. I’ve even worked for game companies, including Ensemble and Interplay, back in the day.

What’s happening here is ridiculous and irresponsible. There isn’t any other way to look at it. ANet is being very unprofessional.

Solstice.2831

I am, by the way, sitting at the skill point tonight. I am urging each and every person that comes by to MAKE NOISE about this. When there are people waiting to get 100% map completion and they put in a sloppy half-measure ‘fix’ that gets re-broken within a minute of reset… that smacks of laziness.

Sytherek.7689

I’m there. Vallahnoka Draconis with Fluffy in tow. My lizard is upset, too

Posted by: Lazure.6358

Lazure.6358

I am on Tarnished Coast at the same location, the Hylek skill point is dead, was dead sooo soon after the reset too. I have been waiting 3 weeks across multiple characters to try and get this stupid skill point, and failing.

Is there no way for an Arenanet Employee to issue a command to the server to reset a particular event or something? If not, the game really needs one. Either that, or ALLOW us to go into overflow by force so we can fight a freshened up copy of the skill point.

I’m not transferring servers just to get this skill point (which may be bugged wherever I chose to go) and risk either not being able to come back after 24 hours (full server) or them suddenly costing gems.

Solstice.2831

Note… it says something about the severity of an issue when people are urging people to come to a zone so they can FORCE overflow, and hence actually complete it there. We shouldn’t have to do that though.

Posted by: Eykrie.7601

Eykrie.7601

Just another sad T-Coaster sounding off.
Tea Coaster? Isn’t that a Saucer?

Eykrie Belaruil – Tarnished Coast, Guardian

Lazure.6358

I wonder: are people on other servers having trouble with this? Is it JUST Tarnished Coast?

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

I wonder: are people on other servers having trouble with this? Is it JUST Tarnished Coast?

No, it happened over here at Henge of Denravi too. It’s because of that poison pot; he can still be killed by it, and I hope they know that it’s what’s killing him.

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

Posted by: Xenubot.7039

Xenubot.7039

I’m standing here with people saw a necromancer (whose name I cannot, alas, repeat here) who laughed about bugging the skill point.

You should really name shame the player here so that they will get banned.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Still bugged on dragonbrand. Thanks anet…

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Sytherek.7689

I’m standing here with people saw a necromancer (whose name I cannot, alas, repeat here) who laughed about bugging the skill point.

You should really name shame the player here so that they will get banned.

No, because ANet is more likely to ban me for shaming someone than they are to ban the culprit. My opinion of ANet has severely dropped over issues like this.

Back in the days of GW1, we actually got a Christmas card from Gaile. It was mangled, and she was nice enough to send a replacement, signed by the crew. Very nice of her.

So I try to cut them some slack.

But this lack of bug fixing is too slack… such a simple bug to fix, even if just temporarily. And certainly a priority, since it blocks progress for many people.

Posted by: Veln.6384

Veln.6384

Seriously it is not that hard to program a reset into it. For the love of god I have been waiting to finish this one skillpoint for world completion for about three weeks. I got home from work, started to log in and saw the update, I was excited, ported out to Metrica Province and ran down here to find a stupid dead frog. At this point I would rather you delete the entire Hylek race from the bloody game. In the last 12 years of playing MMOs the only games that had bugs that made a portion of the game completely non-functional for this long were crappy B titles, GW2 is a triple A title and there is absolutely no excuse for this.

(edited by Veln.6384)

Lazure.6358

Why not just do a rolling restart of Metrica Province every 6 hours or something, give us multiple chances to kill the frog each day, instead of one chance once every week…

Or let us queue into overflow or something.

Posted by: BillFreist

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

From another thread:

Update update read all about it!

We’ve finally tracked down the root cause of these missing skill point NPCs and fixed it. This magical fix will be in the next patch after it goes through further testing. This fix will also address issues with missing Event NPCs, too.

We apologize for the hassle these have been, but thank you all for hanging in there while we got this issue sorted out.

-Bill

As you can see, it wasn’t just an issue with the skill challenge itself, but an underlying issue that was affecting almost all skill challenges and even some events.

Posted by: aibaby.2307

aibaby.2307

So a new build was announced and implemented 5-10 minutes ago, and alot of players were hoping that its the “magical fix” for the skill points that you mentioned. Sadly, the hylek in Durotl Grounds revived, and stayed dead again after servers went back up.

Posted by: Tajah.8142

Tajah.8142

So we going to have to wait yet another week for this fix? I mean, a fix supposedly just went in…

Looking For A Classic Guild
Warrior 80/400/400 Armor/Jewelry

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

Yip still not working on crystal desert server, same dead frog man. add some rage comment here________. hope there is a fast patch that really will fix it this time.

Posted by: MilConDoin.3420

MilConDoin.3420

It currently (at least 10 minutes ago) works on Whiteside Ridge (EU). Try server trans.