Delete Please/ Issue Resolved

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Hi, I have been having this issue for months, at random times, while using orichalcum gathering tools I get ruined ore/wood/fibers. I have no idea why but it is very annoying. I have reported in through the ingame method multiple times, but it remains unfixed, thought I would try it here. All toons are lvl 80 using orichalcum tools so this is an obvious bug.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: trahearne.8723

trahearne.8723

If you have stability on, and get hit by a mob while you’re mining you’ll get ruined ore chunks.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yeah, it’s an obvious bug, but the causes (and solutions) aren’t obvious. I’m sure if it was easy to fix, they would have done it ages ago (if only to stop people complaining about it).

I’ve had stability and not gotten ruined logs or ore chunks. I’ve had no stability, but had ruined results. It’s not consistent and not repeatable, at least not in my experience.

That makes it hard to pinpoint the cause. And since it’s merely annoying (and not game breaking), I imagine that ANet isn’t putting a priority on resolving it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Weak characters like Engineers and Rangers ruined mats if they get to much attacked, changed my Engi so it have shield and as much at Toughness as I can then It happens less often, never happens on Guard with have over 3000 armor and so.

So I don’t think it is a bug its simple they are to weak.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Simple solution : kill the kitten ed mobs and don’t harvest and hope that others kill them for you.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

X T D.6458

Here’s what makes it even wierder. This bug only seems to affect my warrior, necro, and Engi. Always at random times, regardless of boons, or whether or not Im in combat. And most often happens when Im on my warrior. Heh Im so confused.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

If you are gathering in Timberline Falls, the Jotun surrounding you might be putting weakness on you from afar without you noticing as it’s happened to me a few times. So, I’m not sure it is a bug myself.

Having said that, I have noticed that my female thief (not my male one!) often gets the ruined chunks a lot more often than the other characters, but again, it’s only in combat.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

This is a long standing bug. It is not caused by taking damage, or “too much” damage, or being hit by any particular attack or condition.

It is caused by certain traits that will automatically trigger an ability. An example is the warrior’s Shrug it Off trait, which automatically triggers Shake it Off when a condition is applied. Or the engineer minor trait Hidden Flask where you drink Elixir B when hit below 75% health.

Many classes have these – some are major traits, some are minor traits. If it’s a major trait, then you can swap out while gathering. If it’s a minor trait, it’s harder to deal with, but you could spec out easily now that you can reset traits anywhere.

Regardless of whether you can stop it, it is an obvious bug, since you do not get ruined ore if you manually trigger the same skill when harvesting. So please fix the thing already!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

What Tamasan said, but I’ll also add that certain sigils (and I’d imagine perhaps runes as well?) trigger this bug as well.

My Mesmer runs Sigil of Air on some of his weapons, and sometimes (especially on Southsun) I’ll use Feedback to try and defend myself from ranged attacks while I’m harvesting. But if the reflected projectiles trigger Sigil of Air while I’m in the middle of harvesting, I’ll get ruined ore / logs / plant fibers.

I also get it any time I swap attunements using my Elementalist. Probably because of the minor trait that grants Fury on attunement swap I would guess, though I’ve never tested it specifically. So its not just passive stuff either, there are also a few activated actions that’ll cause the bug as well.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Not a bug.

There’s a chance to harvest ruined materials while in combat.

Some traits will put in combat when activated, which is why professions with these traits tend to have a higher probability of getting ruined materials.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering_tool

Ruined material
Using an inappropriate gathering tool for the resource node results in a ruined material on each action. Players will receive ruined materials if they use a gathering tool with a lower tier than required to gather from the resource node. The ruined material has no use besides being junk sold to a merchant. There is also a chance on some of the materials to receive a ruined material if you gather while fighting.

Tamasan.6457

Yes, it is a bug. Please read the thread. It has nothing to do with being in combat. You can harvest all day while in combat and never get a ruined material as long as you don’t have one of those traits/runes/sigils that automatically activates another ability. If it wasn’t a bug, then manually activating abilities while in the middle of harvesting would also give ruined pieces, and it does not.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yes, it is a bug. Please read the thread. It has nothing to do with being in combat. You can harvest all day while in combat and never get a ruined material as long as you don’t have one of those traits/runes/sigils that automatically activates another ability. If it wasn’t a bug, then manually activating abilities while in the middle of harvesting would also give ruined pieces, and it does not.

So you want them to “fix” that so that you can get ruined items even if you DON’T have any of those traits equipped ?

Since i’m 99,99% sure that they will fix if they will do anything against that “bug”.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

X T D.6458

Im pretty sure he doesnt want ruined items

Tamasan.6457

So you want them to “fix” that so that you can get ruined items even if you DON’T have any of those traits equipped ?

That would not be my first choice, but if it is the only option to fix the bug, then I would rather have that then the bug.

Right now, we have a bug in the gathering system that only impacts some classes spec’d certain ways.

I would much prefer if the only way to get ruined items were to use an inappropriate level of tool, instead of what we have now that depends on your class, your spec/gear, the status of cooldowns on your traits, and the particular time an enemy hits you with something to trigger those things.

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

happens all the time in orr when I tried to “node n’ run”. eventually I got ticked and just ending up leaving a trail of undead at each node I pasted. lol. I hated finding a orch or ancient sap and get ruin when I had gotten hit by a undead kitten…. I even tried feeding it the undead chicken soup, but it didn’t like it.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

Having a small chance of getting a ruined item when harvesting in combat is indeed not a bug as has been officially stated on these forums before. (I do not like it, since the only time this happened to me was because of another playing drawing mob-AoE on my position when joining me at the node, but well…)
However, reliably getting ruined items with certain traits equipped is very probably a bug. The chance should not be nearly high enough to get that impression by accident.

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

there used to be a real nice post explaining how this happens but i dont feel like finding it. but basicly if any trait of skill activates while mining it breaks all of your resources. say u are an engineer mining a node and u get hit down to 74% hp and the automated elixir b procs from 1 point in alch, then it will kitten all the rest of the node’s resources.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Issues that are annoying, but have low impact and narrow scope tend to be lower priority to fix, especially when they are difficult to reproduce and don’t have an obvious solution.

• It only affects some people some of the time. (“Narrow scope”)
  • It might be annoying, but it has a small impact on the game’s economy (a somewhat larger impact on node farmers and a greater one on botters that farm nodes). (“Low impact.”)
  • It’s not “game blocking.” (“Not urgent.”)

Additionally, while there are lots of plausible theories, I haven’t seen any posts demonstrating how to replicate this on demand, especially any that explain why it seems to affect ore more often than wood and doesn’t seem to affect veggies/fruits/herbs at all.

While I’d like to see this fixed, I don’t see it as a high priority. Given the choice, I’d prefer to see other bugs fixed or new features/QoL elements added instead.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

X T D.6458

it produces ruined fibers as well, and can happen w/o traits affecting a toon in combat. It happens randomly

X T D.6458

this seems to have been fixed, please delete this thread