[Demo] I Just Got 400 Free Gems

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DorDor.8617

DorDor.8617

Well… this might just be the single most convenient bug I’ve ever come across.

Here’s the story: You know how our demo characters are technically playing on a different account, so that our progress isn’t saved when we earn loot/achievements and stuff? Well, on the mirrored demo account, I just passed 10,000 Achievement Points, and got a really big sack of rewards for my trouble. Inside that big sack was 400 Gems. I know rewards aren’t SUPPOSED to be carried over to the main account, but I had a hunch. Maybe this was something A-Net overlooked?

So I logged into my main character and checked the Gem Store. Sure enough, I found myself 400 Gems richer. Even though my AP is still, technically, in the the low 9900’s. Because the achievements I earned weren’t saved to the main account, I’m slated to earn that chest a second time, in another couple hours of play. Earning double the Gems I was intended to earn from that chest.

And making feel a little dumb for buying a bunch of Gems less than two days ago, but that’s not the point.

I got the feeling that using an exploit like this is DEFINITELY against the Terms of Service. Figured I should report it to protect my hindquarters. Also, something something ethics.

So, uh… now what? Do I, like, hand them over or something? Because DorDor DOES have his eye on one of those discounted character slots… hopeful smile

wanderingstoryteller.tumblr.com – Guild Wars content that’s only 75% terrible!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Ticket’ to discuss the issue.

Good luck.