Denied Fractal Rewards/Level

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Marauder.8157

Marauder.8157

Some friends and i just spent the past 2.5 hours in fractals. We received the message saying new build was available some time ago. But we had plenty of time to complete our run at scale level 46. (My reward level was 41 at the time, and should have increased to level 42 following the conclusion). As you can see from the log, we successfully completed the jade maw fractal, and were apparently able to loot the chest. However, while waiting for the daily chest to spawn, each of us were kicked to the character selection screen with NO chest and NO increase in fractal level. In addition, we are missing our items that we acquired from the chest in the final fractal.

Attachments:

Posted by: TeriLK.8910

TeriLK.8910

I was one of said friends. I’d like to add that we each submitted bug reports in-game as we weren’t sure how to address this issue, not sure where it’d fall under the support categories.

We have done dungeons before where someone has disconnected during this ‘2-ish hours’ period, and were NOT able to re-enter the dungeon so we had to finish a player/2 short. That is fine, as I understand why. And to be clear: It wasn’t that our party leader disconnected and we all got kicked to LA, we ALL received the disconnect error and were returned to the login screen.

Now one thing I did do was switch characters during the Volcanic fractal (our third before maw). Naturally I assumed, since I wasn’t dc’d when I switched and made it back in without error, that we would be able to continue without issue. As mentioned above, when a guild mate disconnected during CoE once the new build was downloaded so he could not rejoin us. This did not happen to me.

The fact that we were allowed to continue to the Maw, defeat the maw, and loot the chest were pretty clear indicators that the run was successful. I’m sure anyone could understand why suddenly getting kicked out right before that daily chest icon appeared would be a little disheartening, much less logging back in and seeing everyone lost their progression and even the loot from that large chest.

I’ve google searched the forums because the search option doesn’t seem to be working, and haven’t found much to go on here. Has this happened to anyone before? Was it the build? How is it that on re-logging we all saw the items we managed to loot in the game messages, but no longer in our inventory? Do we have any hope of compensation here or are we just wasting more time?

Posted by: halfsquelch.3465

halfsquelch.3465

This happened to my party on a lvl 48 last night as well, we NEED a response on this asap because as it is fractals is unplayable!

Sea of Sorrows – FIST

Posted by: TeriLK.8910

TeriLK.8910

Yeah as I said in the your other topic now I’m not going back in until that’s fixed… It’s funny, everyone screaming at ANet to compensate them for the “time” spent on ridiculously easy monthlies that they got to save their AP for need to do a 40+ fractal and get kicked out at the end, then maybe they’ll understand what time wasted is.