Did they mess with targeting?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

It sure seems like I’m targeting a lot of things off to the side of my screen again instead of the basically frontal guys I can actually see.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I was wondering the same thing, actually.

I took a character to do the jumping puzzle in Caledon Forest — the Spelunker’s Delve one. And I was trying to target the trolls coming up to try to eat my face, but kept targeting the barracuda in the passage under me.

I’ve run into several places where “target nearest” seems to grab things behind me. And although I can agree that this is sometimes technically correct, it seems to be different than previous behavior. I’m unsure if that’s by design or accident.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Are you complaining about this?

This is a ray of light sent down straight from Dwayna herself.

This is how the “target NEAREST enemy” button should have been functioning since launch.

Maybe they should have an option in the settings to change its functionality tho since some people like to target whats in their field of view, i guess?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

See also: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Target-nearest-no-longer-confined

@BlackLeech: the problem is that I’m targeting things that I can’t hit, not that they aren’t in my field of view. With two foes nearby on either side and one twice as far away, I still end up shooting at the Centaur Supplies which are even farther away and not something I care about during a major event. At this point, I have to manually click on the target, because I can no longer rely on targeting something that is both near and able to take damage from my weapon. It’s bad for guardian loot stick, but it’s been devastating for mesmer: my illusion skills go into cooldown with no phantasm or clone, because the game’s idea of a nearest target is blocked, behind a wall, while the actual threat is about to hammer train my rear end.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

but it’s been devastating for mesmer: my illusion skills go into cooldown with no phantasm or clone, because the game’s idea of a nearest target is blocked, behind a wall, while the actual threat is about to hammer train my rear end.

Oh boy, I don’t even want to think about that. Mesmer here and I have been keeping bugging them about this broken targeting for some time now (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Targeting-Still-Broken-Please-Fix-It/) It’s a pain if it’s even worse now :S

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Yeah targeting definitely needs an overhaul. Especially when I’m trying to target the guy right in front of me and my character targets the guy behind him that’s out of range. It’s caused multiple deaths in WvW and very annoying. I have to use precious seconds to manually click on my targets.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Not to mention the countless times you just mysteriously loose target and end up trying to kill the supply crate the other side of the map… for me its always been one of the worst targeting/camera systems I have come across in any MMO I have played.

Add to that I now seem to have to remember to use a my elite skills twice at a time to ensure they actually go off.. at whatever target its determined I am now hitting.. .. there is just no fluidity in firing off skills this last 3-4 weeks.

Lastly clones, minions etc.. what’s the point no matter how many times they are supposed to attack targets they just prefer to stand around and count butterflies instead.. maybe that’s why the targeting has been forever screwed.. we need to stop and count the butterflies and fluffy bunnies instead.

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Just a quick update. I’ve had a lot of problems with “target nearest” picking up things behind me. However “target next” seems to be working a lot like nearest used to. More testing to be done on my part, but I’ve reversed the keybinds for these and haven’t had too many problems. So far.

Something to try, anyway, in case this is now working as intended.