Diessa Plateau Vista Problem

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ChanceHDD.4196

ChanceHDD.4196

When I try to do the Vista at Moorwatch tower where you have to get shot out of the catapult onto the building I am getting “This Is Temporary Disabled Please Try Again Later.” which has been happening for a few days…Please help me out thanks.

ChanceHDD.4196

Anyone experiencing this problem?

Posted by: jaz.4352

jaz.4352

yeah , I miss only this point to complete zone.

Posted by: Sir Richter Belmont.3258

Sir Richter Belmont.3258

i have it completed, i will check it in 30m, and report

Posted by: jaz.4352

jaz.4352

got it , apparently its related to some event.

ChanceHDD.4196

Still not being able to do it :P

ChanceHDD.4196

Been a hour now…

ChanceHDD.4196

Anyone Please help?

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

I think it’s disabled on purpose. Part of the event included gambling on the outcome of the test launches. Unfortunately, many people (including me!) thought that the gambling was required to continue the event. (Putting your decision on a timer didn’t help any, either) The big problem was the size of the bet you had to make: 50 silver. At the time my bank account had just broken the 1 gold barrier and losing 2 bets left me with spare change. I just about punched the screen when the launcher suffered a “misfire” and the NPC says “Oh, didn’t you read the rules? Misfires count.”

The launching sequence hadn’t been triggering for several days previous and then to lose all your money when it finally worked left me angry for days afterward. Hopefully they will change the betting amount to something less disastrous (like 50 copper) or eliminate the gambling mechanic altogether. That won’t get my gold back, but at least others won’t be left with the feeling that they’ve been screwed.

ChanceHDD.4196

Hmm alright thanks

Posted by: Rist.6587

Rist.6587

This is the one thing left for me (and many other players) to do in the zone so it would be a great help if this could be fixed please.

Posted by: Roland Dragonne.7384

Roland Dragonne.7384

Seriously ANet, Please have a look at this. I cannot finish the zone because of this either. Either let us know that it is disabled because it is being worked on, hopefully to remove that 50s requirement which is totally over the top and way beyond being a typical coin sink, or fix the message when talking to the launcher person to give some proper information on how to get this thing to work.

Thank you.

Roland Dragonne.7384

OK, follow up… The trigger for the cowtapult has nothing at all to do with the gambling. The gambling is what has been disabled, probably because so many people were losing a ton of coin thinking they had to in order to do the vista.

Here is what triggers the cowtapult to become active, hidden in spoiler in case you just wanted to know that this is not a bug and there actually IS a way to do it without the gambling function being enabled:

There is a local event to defend the cows from the harpies. This event causes the cowtapult to activate during the event. I do not yet know how to trigger that event, but apparently it does from time to time or there is an undiscovered trigger that people have not noticed or just not posted anywhere that I could find.

Posted by: FizzyMyNizzy.1092

FizzyMyNizzy.1092

There are videos on how to get up there on Youtube.

Posted by: JLBernardes.3048

JLBernardes.3048

I’ve been visiting the place for 3 days now with my Norn and I haven’t seen the event trigger or been able to use the cowtapult in all this time. With my Charr it happened fairly often, so that’s weird. I’m in Tarnished Coast, by the way… Is it a server-specific glitch, maybe?

Roland Dragonne.7384

Yes, there are videos on YouTube, but none of them show the trigger to be able to interact with the Cattlepult (I used the wrong term before). They just happened to be able to when they were there. It seems that the NPC Tigh Snatchskull needs to go get cattle from a nearby town and return with them before the cattlepult activates. The problem is, he never goes to get cattle.

Basically, some part of this has been disabled causing the entire mechanic to be broken.

I am on Yak’s Bend server, so it’s not server specific. ANet should just enable the cattlepult 100% of the time until the overall mechanic is fixed.

(edited by Roland Dragonne.7384)

Posted by: valkyrie.8635

valkyrie.8635

Same here still the same problem.

come on gw2 team ad least respond on this and say sorry
now i can not finish this part of the world because u guys disabled it.